Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I know those SVTs are in high demand...hell, you get a lot for your money! For the kind of cars I like to buy, you need to get into the top tier models that cost at least twice as much as any Ford SVT and you still might not get Brembos and Recaro seats! Ford definitely stepped their game up and included some desireable parts that they know car enthusiasts care about. 

The 2020 GT500 has Recaro's and HUGE 16" 6 piston Brembo's. The rotors are 45lb/side! Yeah, they're an amazing value. Where else are you going to get a car for $100K that makes 760hp, has a 7 speed DCT, runs 10's in the 1/4 stock and will go around road courses faster than a Viper ACR all without breaking? Oh yeah, and you can drive it around town like a regular GT. You need to spend 2-4x that much to get better performance.

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The 2020 GT500 has Recaro's and HUGE 16" 6 piston Brembo's. The rotors are 45lb/side! Yeah, they're an amazing value. Where else are you going to get a car for $100K that makes 760hp, has a 7 speed DCT, runs 10's in the 1/4 stock and will go around road courses faster than a Viper ACR all without breaking? Oh yeah, and you can drive it around town like a regular GT. You need to spend 2-4x that much to get better performance.

Is this what Ivanov is driving now?

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, the numbers are undeniable. I just can’t get past Ford “quality”. I owned one before and there is a night and day difference. After driving German cars most my life, I just can’t settle for less. You are paying for something with that premium and the way I get around it is by ALWAYS buying used. My mechanic is one of the best Porsche trained technicians in the country and he takes very good care of my cars and I am happy with what I got. 

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, the numbers are undeniable. I just can’t get past Ford “quality”. I owned one before and there is a night and day difference. After driving German cars most my life, I just can’t settle for less. You are paying for something with that premium and the way I get around it is by ALWAYS buying used. My mechanic is one of the best Porsche trained technicians in the country and he takes very good care of my cars and I am happy with what I got. 

I hear you. My best friend is the Performance Standards Engineer on the 2020 GT500. I've driven some of the pre production cars. They are absolute animals. The numbers really don't do it justice. That said, SVT has two Porsche GT3RS's in their stable as benchmarks to work off of. By friend and I agree that we would MUCH rather have the GT3RS. It's not as fast as the GT500 in a straight line by a pretty big margin (still bloody fast though). But it's faster around the road course and easier to keep on the limit. The only guys down at SVT that can get better lap times with the GT500 are the Ford LeMans race car drivers (the real deal). And it isn't by much. Everyone else is faster in the Porsche. And the Porsche is effectively bulletproof. And much more visceral to drive. I got a few 30min session in at the local road course in the GT3RS. That was as close as I have ever gotten to having a Superbike (I raced Pro SBK for 10yrs) "connection" with the environment in a car. That GT3RS is absolutely the real deal. It's my #2 dream track day car. The McClaren Senna holding the #1 spot.....with a $1M price tag.:rofl:

It's too bad I can't ride SBK anymore. I could run faster times than both of those cars for $30K in motorcycle cost.  And you want to talk about visceral! You never feel more alive than when you're almost dying!:blink:

A few show off pics from before I realized my mortality.:D

Copy of dsc_4049.jpg

speed 2.jpg

wheelie lean - Copy.jpg

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

You never feel more alive than when you're almost dying!:blink:

Quoted the most important part! I'm to chicken shi+ to come that close to dying so I stay away from bikes. :D

Senna...the Man! Watching him drive is pure art.

Back to the 51, I'm glad it seems like any fear I may have should be fixable now. There is probably still another month before I get mine so will see how it goes.

Contacted CDJapan again, mentioned other retailers have contacted Arcadia about sourcing replacement parts, offered to pay international shipping if they could source some.

So far silence, I think I'm on my own here. Probably will not be buying any more high-ticket items with them unless there are no other alternatives.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Contacted CDJapan again, mentioned other retailers have contacted Arcadia about sourcing replacement parts, offered to pay international shipping if they could source some.

So far silence, I think I'm on my own here. Probably will not be buying any more high-ticket items with them unless there are no other alternatives.

I still have to go straight to Arcadia by way of my friend in Japan on the unit I got through Amazon JP. Hold tight. I'm going to see if I can get them to send feet to my friend and he is going to ship them to me. I can probably weasel a few more feet in the deal if I can pull it off. Mayyyybe, I can get them to send a bunch and I'll ship them here in CONUS.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Best of luck, they are usually slow with responses and sometimes require several emails before response.

I tried chucking that in Google translate and didn't get a good "dub". Can someone recap?

-They're sending replacement legs? Seems overkill, but OK.

-How does the getting a leg(s) program work for us in the US?

-Will we be doing this directly with Arcadia?

-Do we send back the old leg?

Thanks!!!

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I tried chucking that in Google translate and didn't get a good "dub". Can someone recap?

-They're sending replacement legs? Seems overkill, but OK.

-How does the getting a leg(s) program work for us in the US?

-Will we be doing this directly with Arcadia?

-Do we send back the old leg?

Thanks!!!

- yes

- only through your retailer if they request the parts. Amiami & CDJ dont seem to offer them.

- no

- no

Edit: Seti88 beat me to the question that was going to ask to a degree (however its with the Yammie version this time).

What did Yammie do with the extra copies of the first run of the 51? I know that they took the v.2 51 and reused the original box, but did they notify the customers of the newer batch of the 51 using the OG box (or was it just a guessing game to see what version you got like the Yammie v.2 1/60 with the shoulder damage)?

Hopefully that the QC will be improved when they decide to issue Nora's. That's the only version that I'm actually waiting for. 

Edited by borgified

Just an update from me, I ended up returning the defective Sv51 back to AmiAmi. Instead I noticed Hobby Search has them in stock and I emailed them the condition.  Hobby Search said they got the new corrected batch in so they will inspect it for me and ship the new one. So thus I ordered one from them.

Hey all, long-time lurker, first-time poster here. Got my Ivanov through AmiAmi, and yeah, they're only offering cash refunds. They also don't seem to have any SV-51s in stock, so it looks like the only option is to return it and then order it through another retailer? Just wanted to confirm with you guys before shipping it back to Japan.

I've been lucky with my Arcadia VFs before (I have a VF-0A that - knock on wood - still has its leg attached), but this is definitely going to scare me off pre-ordering them in the future.

That's more or less where I am with CDJapan. The only reason I haven't refunded entirely is I'm hoping to get replacement parts direct from Arcadia via a proxy.

I'd say at this point to just return for a refund and buy a new one. Before ordering a new one, check with the seller to see if they can open and check to make sure it's not a defective one.

So after receiving this last week I thought what better way to enjoy this new marvel than with fellow enthusiasts at SDCon or at least I thought.

First impression was good. Color looked great that my daughter said “wow that’s nice, dad.” But just from the first transformation it feels like parts already want to loosen. The left wing joint began to flail during transformation. The upper chest half does not lock down. And the hips are already begging to feel loose. I had high hopes for this and honestly expected more from this over the Yamato version.

Unfortunately, I feel ill this morning and was not able to make the con to display this supposed masterpiece of Arcadia. I am somewhat glad I didn’t this SV-51 is an unfortunate disappointment. What bothers me most is not the fact that it was expensive, more so that it did not live up to expectations. I will have to limit transformation and just leave it one mode. Sucks to pay for something that supposed to transform and you have to decide on only leaving it in one mode so it does not destroy itself in your hands.

Thanks for nothing Arcadia.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Super cool!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you @sqidd!

55 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Cool pic. Do the same shot with red lighting for that sinister look.

Thank you @wmkjr! I had planned to do red lighting, but I was short on time so the red shoot will be for another time.

50 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Another level to photography! 

@Xigfrid thank you!

10 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Add little miniatures screaming and running in terror.

That would be cool.