Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Has anyone seen this?

From kurutuku131's Twitter page (posted by spacemanovers on the vf-31 thread of a Siegfried kitbashed):

Arcadia 51 Ivanoff and Shin's PE VF-0d dated two days ago.

D0TObG_VsAAaJ1n.jpg

Assuming that's the same sample unit that was shown at Wonderfest, that 0D is way overexposed. Dude needs a better camera. 

IMG_20190210_114709.thumb.jpg.361ba05b46b98f12118a06d23a3f027c.jpg

I really want to get Ivanov to pose beside my Focker. But at that price, I'm having second thoughts. Its also coming out the same time as Arad's Armor Pack, so I need to watch my funds.

So many toys, and so little money to buy them with. :(

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

these guys both look cool, like $700-800 coolB))

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Prices have already been posted... we don't need to guess at how cool they are.

With what was shown at WF for both Valks which is Y76600 total, I think David kind of estimated the total price for both. Shipping included, I hope. ^_^ 

Honestly I like them both. However, my wallet can only afford one. I already have the VF-0S from Arcadia and I am trying to only have one of each Valkyrie gen. The 0D is similar to the 0S, but still very different. >< The 51 looks awesome and is a direct enemy of the 0S so I'm leaning towards it.

Yeah, I'll also only get the SV-51.  I'm still holding out for some kind of ghost booster bundle on a VF-0, and I tend to stay away from Arcadia's "premium finish" stuff, with the exception of the SDF-1.

At least the SV-51 comes with all the accessories you would expect.  I just hope they get those wings strong enough to hold everything without support.

That’s not a horrible price for the Ivanov, IF it’s a worthy improvement..

As far as the sculpt goes , I’m curious to see how much it differs. I thought Yamato did a great job with the proportions and sculpt.

Edited by Bolt

41 minutes ago, dur said:

With the scalptastic price the hip-dislocatey-0D goes for right now, the sub 40k yen price looks downright reasonable.

Pretty much. I have an 0D already, but I still want one that I don't have to worry about the legs falling off with. Plus that weathered finish looks great.

3 hours ago, dur said:

With the scalptastic price the hip-dislocatey-0D goes for right now, the sub 40k yen price looks downright reasonable.

To be honest it also has a fairly conplex paint scheme and panel lining applied too.  So at least it’s not just a standard release.

13 hours ago, iguanaman8989 said:

I figure I’m only going to do one of those this year.

My current plan is to skip Ivanov in favor of waiting for a Nora release next year, and get the VF-0D PF this year.

With the VF-31E and the -31S’s armor, I don’t want to spend all my money.

Are they really releasing the Nora version? Or someone just jerking my chain?

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

that don't look black:unsure:

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

Black is pretty lousy for judging tolerances.

I'm sure that it will be molded in black after all the tolerances are finely fixed out. If not, I take a prototype sample nevertheless (that is if I can get my hands on a copy).

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

Black is pretty lousy for judging tolerances.

Seems about right. Those front white bits look like 3D printed parts, maybe they were testing some tweaks?

The wing white bits are painted metal, good to know that'll be a strong hinge.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

8 minutes ago, Reïvaj said:

Reeeeeally looking forward to having this new bird! 

Me too. And there's a guarantee that this bird will be easy to preorder. No sleepless nights needed. And cartjack-free. ^_^