Jump to content
Valkyrie addict

Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Recommended Posts

That would be great, but that also means they would have to double dip on the licensing fee...one to BW and one to Hasegawa.

Also, as awesome as the VF-0B and C are...they do not make any appearances in the actual show.  So not sure how that fits into their licensing from BW and their ability to actually produce them.  I am reminded how we still do not have a FB2012 VF-4 because apparently there never is one depicted in the OVA that can "transform". :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

 I am reminded how we still do not have a FB2012 VF-4 because apparently there never is one depicted in the OVA that can "transform". :wacko:

That seems an odd thing given they made the VF-X and just added that little bit on the bottom to make it look like it couldn't transform.  More than likely it's because they don't know who owns the license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That seems an odd thing given they made the VF-X and just added that little bit on the bottom to make it look like it couldn't transform.  More than likely it's because they don't know who owns the license.

It would have been odd for Yamato to actually create a new mold for a non-transforming VF-1.....thus the bit for the VF-X was the easy thing to do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I own a bum VF-0D and a bum VF-0A, does that mean I have all the ingredients for a VF-0C or B? 

If Arcadia doesn't want to go through the hassle of doing cross licensing with Hasegawa (wonder how that 30th anniversary scheme worked) then they should go with VF-0 kit releases and include the parts for a D or A then let people make the Hasegawa variants on their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to Ivanov's 51 and possibly Nora's. Aside from floppiness issues, I couldn't afford more than one of the Yamato versions back then. Now... bring on the 51s, stratospheric Arcadia pricing be damned! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think if I put $40 on the side a month until release I can get a safe cushion for 2. In the teaser pic the boosters look a little narrower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still on the fence about this, I didn't buy any of the Arcadia VF-0 toys, so I don't really feel a need to be a completist and buy the Arcadia Sv-51, especially as I still have my Yamato versions on display. Haven't touched them in years though, so no idea how froppy they may have become. I do remember the missiles drop off the wings if you even look at them the wrong way though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the three Yamato examples I bought were all listed as MISB or basically as new never transformed visual inspection only condition but each has a degree of floppiness which was most evidently factory set.. Im trying to be confident that Arcadia has or will do the right thing with this supposedly "V2" release but considering the issues they had with the v2 Zero toys I can't help but have my doubts. Regardless I will be buying what ever they release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jenius said:

If I own a bum VF-0D and a bum VF-0A, does that mean I have all the ingredients for a VF-0C or B? 

If Arcadia doesn't want to go through the hassle of doing cross licensing with Hasegawa (wonder how that 30th anniversary scheme worked) then they should go with VF-0 kit releases and include the parts for a D or A then let people make the Hasegawa variants on their own.

If you've got a bum one of each, you've got all the necessary parts to make both.  Just probably need to swap the cockpits, and possibly the chest plates, if there were any significant changes to the heatshield on the VF-0D.  Everything else is pretty much identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Jenius, I'll take the remaining parts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jenius said:

If I own a bum VF-0D and a bum VF-0A, does that mean I have all the ingredients for a VF-0C or B? 

If Arcadia doesn't want to go through the hassle of doing cross licensing with Hasegawa (wonder how that 30th anniversary scheme worked) then they should go with VF-0 kit releases and include the parts for a D or A then let people make the Hasegawa variants on their own.

I recall someone switching out the 0A front fuselage and attaching it to the 0D...cant remember who but it was in the arcadia 0A thread after the 0A release...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It would have been odd for Yamato to actually create a new mold for a non-transforming VF-1.....thus the bit for the VF-X was the easy thing to do...

And you've answered my question why the VF-4 could be done.  They don't need to make a new mold, repaint the old one and claim it doesn't transform.  Unless the license is really that hard to actually obtain.

Edited by Mommar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

And you've answered my question why the VF-4 could be done.  They don't need to make a new mold, repaint the old one and claim it doesn't transform.  Unless the license is really that hard to actually obtain.

Huh? I never said the FB2012 VF-4 couldn't be done out of the existing mold....learn to read ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Huh? I never said the FB2012 VF-4 couldn't be done out of the existing mold....learn to read ;)

 

And my entire premise was that it's a missing/astronomical license issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

And my entire premise was that it's a missing/astronomical license issue.

I would sooner believe it is cost issue...however, this is the first time you have brought it up....you have been trying to argue that ownership of the license is in question.....if that is the case then how would you explain the upcoming wave kit and the teased HMR?  :blink:  

And to keep us all still guessing......the Wave will be in fighter mode.....and the HMR was also teased in fighter mode....let's hope Bandai can cut through the nonsense.....of course the VF-4 as seen on FB2012  transforms! :rolleyes:

 

 

18 hours ago, Mommar said:

 More than likely it's because they don't know who owns the license.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, spanner said:

the three Yamato examples I bought were all listed as MISB or basically as new never transformed visual inspection only condition but each has a degree of floppiness which was most evidently factory set.. Im trying to be confident that Arcadia has or will do the right thing with this supposedly "V2" release but considering the issues they had with the v2 Zero toys I can't help but have my doubts. Regardless I will be buying what ever they release.

You're planning on replacing your 3 Yamato's with the Arcadia's, Spanner?

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

I recall someone switching out the 0A front fuselage and attaching it to the 0D...cant remember who but it was in the arcadia 0A thread after the 0A release...

I remember that one as well. That's an easy swap for Fighter/Gerwalk mode, not sure if the 0D fuselage will fit on 0A chest/heatshield area during Battroid mode.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2017 at 8:36 PM, jvmacross said:

One more thing.....VF-0B...VF-0C......totally would buy those.....so if they get released next, then I will be OK if Arcadia hangs onto M0 for a couple more years....there should be nothing to producing either of those......would be nice if they would go in on a partnership with Hasegawa so they can release the 2 versions of those 2 that have become sort of iconic for those VF-0's...

9292155276_bb5fcdcb40_b.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

It will be awesome if they release that too, someday!...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It shall carry you to Valhalla...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like I have more of a vested interest in the SV-51 reissue today. I noticed that a crack had developed in the plastic of the left leg when I went to transform my copy to fighter mode this afternoon.

broke_n1.png.46db7afbb82ba4ee288217f48530e154.png

Oh well. Nora had a good run guarding various other collectibles around the house. The Doctor will remember her fondly for the work she did while guarding the TARDIS. I'm going to to see if I can use an adhesive to fix the stressed/cracked parts back together again. There is one fold of plastic hanging on, so the break isn't complete. If it isn't something that takes to adhesive easily, then I'm going to break this old Valkyrie down and save the parts.

broke_n3.png.0cd9aaeeb797df678c34ef18f1605338.png

 

Edited by technoblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ouch! that looks nasty! then again weren't the plastics on these earlier toys a lot more brittle like the original Zero's?

I don't dare transform any of mine! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Looks like just how my Yamato YF-21 thighs cracked. 

Was it fixable or a lost cause? My concern is that there is too much stress in that area to get it back to being functional. A compromise solution would be to seal the crack and just keep it in one mode (like fighter mode) until I can replace it when Arcadia reissues the SV-51.

23 minutes ago, spanner said:

ouch! that looks nasty! then again weren't the plastics on these earlier toys a lot more brittle like the original Zero's?

I don't dare transform any of mine! 

It sucks, but it is the nature of old plastic I guess. And you may be right about the issues, @spanner. My memory gets fuzzy thinking back on this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

SV 51 fighter mode looks so great, there's no reason to ever transform it.  ever.

yeah its definitely its best mode! in my opinion of course..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunately, I don't think that break would have any effect on anything but battroid mode.  You could glue the leg onto the hip socket, and pretty much keep everything else working as intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, technoblue said:

... If it isn't something that takes to adhesive easily, then I'm going to break this old Valkyrie down and save the parts.

broke_n3.png.0cd9aaeeb797df678c34ef18f1605338.png

 

That's a nasty crack alright, but since the plastic is ABS it should take to plastic weld like a champ -- STAY AWAY FROM CA GLUE (superglue); I can't stress this enough, not only will it make a mess and look ghastly when cured, but it also won't hold.  It is definitely fixable.  Proceed as follows:

  • Clamp the peeled flap down with a wood clothes pin, any other type of jaw clamp (you may want to use a piece of flat wooden stick on each end of the clamp's jaws to prevent marring the toy's surface... a Popsicle stick would be perfect).
  • Apply Ambroid Pro-Weld or Tenax, or even Testor's plastic cement (or any other methylene chloride based plastic weld) on the crack.  Let capillary action carry the liquid down the seam; if necessary, release the pressure on the crack to allow it to open and make it easier for the weld to spread thoroughly along the crack.  Look for a bit o oozing of dissolved plastic along the crack -- this is a sure sign it's working -- that will leave a thin scar tissue tha can be sanded/polished smooth later.
  • Lastly, if extra strength is desired, use a pin vice to drill a couple of small diameter holes diagonally (bridging the repaired crack) into the part so that you can insert metal pins (seamstress pins) inside.  file flush and add a dab of matching paint on the exposed metal to finish.

Good luck.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mechaniac knows what (s)he's talking about. 

Every time I see this thread updated, I think there's new info. IS there any more word from Arcadia about the progress of this project?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arcadia supposed to unveil it at WonFes today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×