Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

Frankly, from how much this hobby costs?  If the valk doesn't explode when handling, consider me sold on just about anything.

The Arcadia VF-0's, for all their color and paint woes, and even hip woes, are otherwise very durable!  (it sounds like I'm saying my car is reliable except for all the parts that break :), haha)

I do wish the Arcadia VF-0A had followed Yamato's paint scheme, but I'll take an intact color incorrect valk over an explody color correct one.

5 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

From all the pictures so far, I am still on the fence about this SV-51. I think I will have to wait until there is a review to really gauge if this will truly be worth acquiring. Yes there might be improvements but just how many to justify the newer higher cost?

It would help if they'd bother to get the thing painted up already.. but this has been my issue all along.  There was never anything inherently wrong enough with the first version's design that a rehash feels justified to me.  It'll be better construction.. but it's like upgrading a statue in your yard to an identical one that just happens to be reinforced with metal inside.  Yep.. it's stronger.. and from a distance, it looks exactly the same. :huh: 

I suspect articulation and all aspects of handling the toy will be improved. The Yamato is pretty gangly in the hands, especially as it aged, But yes, if you don't handle the toy much (and most of us don't) there isn't a huge issue with the Yamato that appears to have been addressed from a strictly visual standpoint.

It will be better than the yamato. But will it be nearly $400 (speculation on my side taking the VF-0 MSRP) better??

It will have better joints, it will be less gappy and it has improved proportions.

But I have the upcoming 1/48 VF-1J from Bandai preorderdered at AmiAmi for just $160 before shipping. I'll get this SV-51 but it's gonna be very hard to stomach.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

every ready for some 38000yen plus pricing?

I have a feeling the MSRP is more than that, David. Arcadia's MSRP for the VF-0S is already at Y37584. Maybe at that range for discounted PO price? I'm already guessing this will hit the Y40000 mark. I just have to think it like that so I'm already prepared and then just be glad if it's really Y38000. :rolleyes:

And if that's the price, I have a feeling this will be my last Arcadia Valk for the time being. :unsure:

Edited by no3Ljm

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And if that's the price, I have a feeling this will be my last Arcadia Valk for the time being. :unsure:

You’re fooling nobody amigo. 

Me.. at these prices, until these things start transforming themselves and light up, I’m happy to stare at my Yammies!

39 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

every ready for some 38000yen plus pricing?

screw that pricing!  i like/love zero but its no sdfm/dyrl for me.  i also would think they'd be wise to take into consideration they are dealing with a property that is not the best loved of the franchise and not a hero valk in their pricing.  i know they are smalller outfit but there is zero possibility they need to charge that much to make it profitable.  if they do, the  license should go elsewhere IMO.  tired of paying 100% more for 20% better product.

10 minutes ago, Bolt said:

You’re fooling nobody amigo. 

Me.. at these prices, until these things start transforming themselves and light up, I’m happy to stare at my Yammies!

Why? I'm not fooling anyone here. At those prices, I really need to start rethinking what I really want to buy. It's not getting cheaper. And I just don't buy Arcadia. And do you see anything beyond the SV-51 that Arcadia might produce aside from those PF releases and VF-1 reissues in the next coming year or two?

If ever there will be new, as in new and unreleased Valk product coming from them, then yeah, the SV-51 will be my last Arcadia Valk for the time being.

I'm excited for this but I don't think I can bite anymore. The last Arcadia product I bought was the VF-0S and that bird is awesome, but way too expensive for what it is. I'd say $300 is my limit for toys these days. Bandai is putting out such high quality valks with full tampo printing to the point where Arcadia is no longer a feasible option for me :(

Edited by Foblander

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hang in there, Ignacio. Always think positive. :friends:

Thank you!!! And yes, staying positive and proactive is the way to go.

I'm in a "surviving the storm mode" right now.

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Just make sure you always keep an emergency reserve for the important things in life.....like an HMR N-Ger pre-order surprise announcement! :friends:

The N-Ger is my most anticipated enemy mecha. Being it a Bandai HMR will make it affordable.