Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

22 minutes ago, scand said:

I'm being lazy and not searching... but are there any videos that show how to replace the legs on the SV-51? Also, maybe any  transformation videos as well?

I used the AnyMoon video for the Yamato. It was close enough.

I haven't swapped legs yet. And probably won't. I'll save them for the next owner to mess with.:p

Edited by sqidd

26 minutes ago, scand said:

I'm being lazy and not searching... but are there any videos that show how to replace the legs on the SV-51? Also, maybe any  transformation videos as well?

It's pretty straightforwards, only complicated part is understanding to give the legs a half-turn to expose the screw.

Also be sure to get a properly sized (precision) screwdriver with a good grip, as there's a lot of resistance on the screw, both coming out and going back in.

Can anyone here who has replaced the foot at the ankle instead of the whole leg tell me how they removed the foot? I unscrewed the one screw at the ankle joint but it seems like there is something on the two sides of the slider still holding the foot on where the screw came out of. Thanks for any help or guidance!

18 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

There are two screws, the one further up inside the leg is hard to reach, have to pivot the foot away and use a precision screwdriver with a thin shaft.

Thanks! I see that one but I can't get it to budge. It doesn't seem related to the one I removed so if that screw deeper in is what releases the foot, I probably didn't need to remove the first screw or at least do it later when the foot is out and easier to reach it. Either way, it doesn't matter since I can't get the screw out so I might just go back to my original plan of not dealing with it. I can barely tell a difference unless I pull the ankle down and look inside it anyways. 

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Awesome, thanks! I was trying the wrong screw up top. 

Pro tip on small Phillips head screwdrivers. If you can't crack them loose get a pair of pliers and put them on the shaft. Use one hand to twist and the other to seat the screwdriver hard into the screw do it doesn't strip. It works great. Snap On actually has a hex drive portion of the shaft right by the base of the handle for just this very thing. You use a box end wrench on those though. A bit more secure than pliers.

4 hours ago, Arkham said:

The feet themselves are identical, right?

Since I got screwed over by Anime Export, I'm trying to think of alternative ways to fix this.

In theory, is just one piece of plastic that needs to be swapped? Perhaps can be 3d printed? :-)

The feet are not identical, the actual difference is the post that the clamshell goes around on the foot. It's biased to one side or the other, depending on left or right side.

24 minutes ago, moose said:

So I think I got my self confused on how to fix this.  Is there a video of the leg swap I can watch?

Do you have the Arcadia replacement parts?

If so, they come with a little pamphlet of instructions.

Overview:

1. Not show in in instructions: rotate the leg 90-degrees so the screw cover is facing an accessible direction.
  2. Take a flat-head precision screwdriver and pry the screw cover off (the replacement kit comes with spares if it gets damaged.)
  3. Unscrew the head with a phillips (+) precision screwdriver
  4. Separate the two halves of the clamshell, the replacement kit comes with new ones in case you damage it
  5. Take the new leg (make sure it's the correct one!) and assemble half the clamshell onto it as shown by the pictures on the instructions. This will involve a pin with one end knurled (face it the same direction as the pin on the leg you removed), one of the two clamshell pieces, and a small plastic insert which is the ratchet for the gerwalk joint.
  6. Take the leg and half-clamshell, fit it to the remaining upper part of the leg on the kit, and stick the other half of the clamshell on. Squeeze it until there are no gaps. It requires a bit of force to get it closed fully.
  7. Make sure it's the right leg, and facing the right direction.
  8. Insert the screw, and tighten.
  9. Tighten more, it's very tight, had to take some pliers to my screwdriver handle to get it tightened down all the way.
  10. Put the new screw cover on. If it doesn't fully seat (mine didn't the first time), you need to tighten the screw more.

Ta~Da~

My friend in Japan says he received my replacement legs and will be shipping them my way soon. Since I have to put the new legs on, I might as well shoot a video while I do it! Of course, I'll also be doing a full review and a transformation guide so me and the SV-51 have a date with some real quality time coming up... probably some time in January.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Hi, I am having zero luck getting a replacement leg kit from Arcadia and my SV-51 has two right legs. I bought mine from Amiami and they told me they could not get these parts. 

Anyone have a straightforward way to buy the parts?

i created a mail forwarding account at tenso.com and gave Arcadia that address. Tenso sent me the package for about au$28.

The two stores that we all know that gives the replacement leg are NY and HLJ for those that bought Ivanoff from them. If you created a Tenso address like @apptt4 and @Sanity is Optional did, you would get the replacement parts.

Most likely that Nora's 51 (upon pre-order announcement) will be posted here as well. 

6 hours ago, Arkham said:

and where did you get your SV-51 if I may ask? From Arcadia itself, or from 3rd party? I got mine from Anime-Export and they do not reply my emails anymore regarding the leg issue.

yeah same, AE couldn't give af. i used googletranslate to fill out the form at www.arcadia.ac/contact. message was something like "hello,  i purchased an SV-51 and have the incorrect legs. please send replacement to my address, cheers."they had them sent out quick smart, they have done this a lot lol

Edited by apptt4
werds

Does anyone out there have a set of left over legs? I bought an SV-51 from Amine Export and they just let the clock run out on my return. Total POS service. Looking at you Aiko Matsumoto.  

So if anyone has a set to part with I would like buy them from you.

Please PM me.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Does anyone out there have a set of left over legs? I bought an SV-51 from Amine Export and they just let the clock run out on my return. Total POS service. Looking at you Aiko Matsumoto.  

So if anyone has a set to part with I would like buy them from you.

Please PM me.

I'll happily give away my old legs to whoever needs them. If I ever get around to actually swapping them out. 

Edited by Lolicon