Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I managed to get a set of replacement legs from Arcadia directly, however as stated earlier:

• I communicated with Arcadia in Japanese.
  • I asked them to ship it to the address registered to my Arcadia webstore account, which is a Japanese address.

damn... i need to learn japanese. and get an Arcadia webstore account.  

30 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I managed to get a set of replacement legs from Arcadia directly, however as stated earlier:

• I communicated with Arcadia in Japanese.
  • I asked them to ship it to the address registered to my Arcadia webstore account, which is a Japanese address.

ok, just asked a good friend to reach out to Arcadia, thanks for this info:good:

fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

damn... i need to learn japanese. and get an Arcadia webstore account.  

14 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I have no friends in Japan so I'm SOL.  Already put the decals on the legs too...

Get yourselves a Tenso address. I just did it, it's easy.

https://www.tenso.com/en

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Get yourselves a Tenso address. I just did it, it's easy.

https://www.tenso.com/en

That's what I did, Tenso for address, and google translate to augment my 3 semesters of college Japanese. But at this point it's mostly google translate doing the lifting (just translate it back to English to double-check the translation, and keep the sentences simple).

On 12/1/2019 at 11:58 AM, Sayroll said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if waterslide decals for the SV-51 can be found somewhere. I am trying to add details to the toy but I don't want to use the sticker sheet provided.

The other possibily would be to print waterslide decals using a scan of the sticker sheet, so if somebody here can do it or knows someone who can, I'm all ears, thanks!

AFAIK there aren't any SV-51 waterslides in this scale. There are for the 1/72 kits.

As far as the 2nd option, you'd have to find someone that has access to a printer that can print white ink.

4 hours ago, wmkjr said:

AFAIK there aren't any SV-51 waterslides in this scale. There are for the 1/72 kits.

As far as the 2nd option, you'd have to find someone that has access to a printer that can print white ink.

Thank you for your answer. I was hoping maybe someone on these boards would be able to print waterslide decals.

58 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you post a picture of the ankles we can tell you pretty quickly.

I'll do that when I get home... I don't trust my own judgement on these things. The feet were pretty jostled on first look.

Edited by jenius

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

Uh oh guys... I think something is afoot!

Arcadia-SV-51-Ivanov-1.jpg

I'm assuming they're supposed to be mirror images... it also looks like the one in the right in this picture is angled out a bit so I'm assuming that's the problem foot? 

Yep, you need to replace the right one.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

I believe that's been an ongoing saga of non-communication from the vendor, unfortunately.

I'll give Anime-Export a chance now that I have it in hand. They stopped talking to me before they shipped it. They offered to check it... and then never did and stopped talking to me. Now that I have the toy... maybe they'll do something for me because it's a more traditional "hey, my toy arrived broken" type request? We'll see... if not I'll reach out to someone in Japan.

If someone has the right foot and doesn't need it, let me know!

19 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'll give Anime-Export a chance now that I have it in hand. They stopped talking to me before they shipped it. They offered to check it... and then never did and stopped talking to me. Now that I have the toy... maybe they'll do something for me because it's a more traditional "hey, my toy arrived broken" type request? We'll see... if not I'll reach out to someone in Japan.

If someone has the right foot and doesn't need it, let me know!

I’m skeptical.

Seems like every one I’ve seen posted has the wrong foot on the right. Now it’s making me thing the feet were attached to the slider bars as part of the process before assembling into legs and because the slider bars are asymmetrical but all the same on both sides, they attached the same left foot to all of them. 

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Seems like every one I’ve seen posted has the wrong foot on the right. Now it’s making me thing the feet were attached to the slider bars as part of the process before assembling into legs and because the slider bars are asymmetrical but all the same on both sides, they attached the same left foot to all of them. 

You would think at some point they would have run short of that foot (about half way through) and noticed.:rofl:

46 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You would think at some point they would have run short of that foot (about half way through) and noticed.:rofl:

Yeah, you would think. Or they were just like damn, we need to produce more left feet, we must’ve accidentally shorted the production of them. :lol: