Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

I have transformed mines finally, but I was quite pleased I had no issues with the parts and movement. I was rather surprised it was put together really well including stiff joints for good posing. Really good attention to detail on the interior parts and interesting joint or moving part designs.

18 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Really regretting buying from CDJapan rather than HLJ right now.

This is worrying cause I buy from CDJ more often than others. If they will not honor manufacturer faults which the manufacturer themselves have come out to rectify then that is a lot of goodwill lost from my pov.

7 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

This is worrying cause I buy from CDJ more often than others. If they will not honor manufacturer faults which the manufacturer themselves have come out to rectify then that is a lot of goodwill lost from my pov.

I reached out to them, flat out unwilling to contact Arcadia, even when I pointed out HLJ and Nippon Yasan had done so and were getting replacement parts. Offered to pay the shipping myself, if they'd just get the parts for me.

They even offered me half price back, but told them I didn't want a discount, I wanted the parts to fix it.

Apparently one of the other forumers wanted to return theirs, and they just refunded the whole price and let him keep it.

I'm tempted to contact them again and ask one last time if they're willing to do what the other retailers are...

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Got some more stands in and "Zero" adapters so I could crack these SV-51's out of their boxes. The Nora is obviously a Yamato. The Ivan is the Arcadia. Fun fact. The Arcadia supplied stand adapter has a ID for the pin 6 1/2 thousandths lager than the Yamato so the YetiStand Zero adapter doesn't work for anything but level flight. @ChaoticYeti knows about it and is whipping up a couple of prototype Arcadia/Zero adapters for me to test drive. Right now I have the old OG Zero adapter in there with about a million coats of Crazy Glue on the pin so it will fit tight in the Arcadia adapter.

SV-51s.jpg

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I reached out to them, flat out unwilling to contact Arcadia, even when I pointed out HLJ and Nippon Yasan had done so and were getting replacement parts. Offered to pay the shipping myself, if they'd just get the parts for me.

They even offered me half price back, but told them I didn't want a discount, I wanted the parts to fix it.

Apparently one of the other forumers wanted to return theirs, and they just refunded the whole price and let him keep it.

I'm tempted to contact them again and ask one last time if they're willing to do what the other retailers are...

That's super frustrating. I was even able to get legs out of whatever random place sold me one through AmazonJP.

If all else fails I have a friend in Japan you can have Arcadia ship yours to. He will forward them for me.

Just now, sqidd said:

That's super frustrating. I was even able to get legs out of whatever random place sold me one through AmazonJP.

If all else fails I have a friend in Japan you can have Arcadia ship yours to. He will forward them for me.

I've actually contacted Arcadia directly, and asked them to ship a set to my Tenso forwarding address (I have an Arcadia website account).

However, my Japanese is a bit rusty, so I'm only mostly sure they're going to ship me a set. Also it's obviously not shown up yet, so playing the waiting game.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Got some more stands in and "Zero" adapters so I could crack these SV-51's out of their boxes. The Nora is obviously a Yamato. The Ivan is the Arcadia. Fun fact. The Arcadia supplied stand adapter has a ID for the pin 6 1/2 thousandths lager than the Yamato so the YetiStand Zero adapter doesn't work for anything but level flight. @ChaoticYeti knows about it and is whipping up a couple of prototype Arcadia/Zero adapters for me to test drive. Right now I have the old OG Zero adapter in there with about a million coats of Crazy Glue on the pin so it will fit tight in the Arcadia adapter.

SV-51s.jpg

Hmmm strange that the Arcadia adapter is larger than the old Yamato adapter, as it works fine with the old Yamato simple stand. In any case, it's good to be aware and I'm pleased to hear that CY has a new adapter. Hope it'll be available on the store by the time my 51 is fixed. 

Hearing the reports of potentially loose joints on the wings & various other places kinda puts me off into transforming my copy. I would be content to leave it in fighter mode, but then Arcadia missed the big chance to fix what I think is the biggest visual flaw in this mode: the huge and inconsistent panel gaps especially at the areas around the wing root / shoulders. Visually, it's not much different from Yamato's in this aspect, although there's those extra panels near the head to mask the see-through gap.

Perhaps due to the nature of transformation, there are just too many pieces around this area that have to come together and meet to form a nice, smooth, uninterrupted surface. It could sound like nitpicking, but I always felt one of Yamcadia's strengths ever since the v2 1/60 VF-1 was released circa 10 years ago, including all their valks since then, whether VF-11s, the VF-19s, the VF-0s etc, are the very fine and very consistent panel gaps & tolerances. The nosecone flows very smoothly all the way to the rear of aircraft. Where the panels separates for transformation, they look just like other regular panel lines in fighter mode. So much so that the v2 1/60 VF-1 is arguably better than the current DX Chogokins in this area.

Hence the somewhat disappointment that Arcadia's SV-51 did not meet this standard they have set with their previous valks.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You could do that again although it runs the risk of them blacklisting you.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They’re on my “last resort” list when it comes to POs at this point anyway.

Then I would go for it. It'll bug me as hell to spend that much money to have a defective item. Worse when everyone else is getting replacements except for me.