Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

On 10/6/2019 at 12:49 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

But just from the first transformation it feels like parts already want to loosen. The left wing joint began to flail during transformation. The upper chest half does not lock down. And the hips are already begging to feel loose. I had high hopes for this and honestly expected more from this over the Yamato version.

This is almost exactly the same experience I have had with it.

FWIW, apart from the glue failure on the foot of mine, and the extensively documented ankle issue, the joints on mine are just fine and not loosening or anything.

Currently lying on a workbench in battroid until it has feet again, but no problems with the wings flopping or anything, and the torso locked together quite securely.

I received mine from NY, and sure enough, it has 2 left ankles.

I contacted NY about it, and also linked Arcadia's tweet on the issue. They got back to me and basically said I could either send it back for a new replacement, or wait for Arcadia to supply them the replacement parts and in turn send them to me. For either of the options, all shipping to be paid by me, so naturally I chose the latter. This was 2 weeks ago.

Today I got an update from them that the replacement parts are in, and I am not sure if its a typo, but they gave me till 25 Dec on choosing to ship.

All in, quite relieved that I will be able to get this resolved with NY. But really, depending on how complicated it is to replace the parts, I might just leave it. It doesn't really affect articulation or anything, just a slightly off-centered foot in fighter mode if one look hard directly from the top.

Dealing with Anime Export on this has been... not the best. I never shipped mine. I reached out to them and said "I haven't shipped mine yet but there's a well-known manufacturer defect, can I request correcting parts?" They very promptly asked "Yes, we know of this, would you like us to check your toy?" I said "Yes please." That was probably 2 weeks ago and I never heard back. Today I created a ticket and said "Can I return this item and re-order new stock when the issue is corrected or ask to have the correcting parts shipped with my toy?" I immediately got a response that they needed pictures of the problem to get the correcting parts. I pointed out that the toy hasn't shipped so I would need them to check it for me. They responded back "We can give you a refund less a 20% restocking fee." I asked them to just check the toy I ordered and if it needs parts to send them with the toy. After pretty quick back and forth they again went silent. It seems like the only way I would get help from them is by shipping my toy, taking the pictures myself, and then having them ship a second package... that sucks for me because I'd rather be combining orders.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Dealing with Anime Export on this has been... not the best. I never shipped mine. I reached out to them and said "I haven't shipped mine yet but there's a well-known manufacturer defect, can I request correcting parts?" They very promptly asked "Yes, we know of this, would you like us to check your toy?" I said "Yes please." That was probably 2 weeks ago and I never heard back. Today I created a ticket and said "Can I return this item and re-order new stock when the issue is corrected or ask to have the correcting parts shipped with my toy?" I immediately got a response that they needed pictures of the problem to get the correcting parts. I pointed out that the toy hasn't shipped so I would need them to check it for me. They responded back "We can give you a refund less a 20% restocking fee." I asked them to just check the toy I ordered and if it needs parts to send them with the toy. After pretty quick back and forth they again went silent. It seems like the only way I would get help from them is by shipping my toy, taking the pictures myself, and then having them ship a second package... that sucks for me because I'd rather be combining orders.

Jeez, that was painful reading. That kind of stuff drives me bonkers.

10 hours ago, jenius said:

i'm surprised you got all the responses you did.  they can be really slow to respond to anything sometimes.  they are super awesome and fast/reliable when there are no issues though.

11 hours ago, jenius said:

I sent them pics.  Never responded.  Not even after I asked them about it again.  As a matter of fact my first message was from September 13th.  My response with pictures was the 16th.  My status query was from the 26th.  And still nothing.

Edited by Mommar

Just an update, after returning the item back Amiami, I got the refunded but unfortantely due to the yen exchange rate I lost about $15.00. However my shipment from Hobby Search came and they pre-opened the box to make sure it was not a defect. Im glad Hobby search actually Bubble Wrapped and paper wrapthe SV51 box instead of Amiami that tossed it in the paper wraps. Going forward, I'll use hobby search for my high end orders.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I sent them pics.  Never responded.  Not even after I asked them about it again.  As a matter of fact my first message was from September 13th.  My response with pictures was the 16th.  My status query was from the 26th.  And still nothing.

So even if I ship the toy and ask for help I'm probably SOL, all the more reason to keep trying with them while they have the toy. I like them as a shop, they were on the verge of being my go to place, but I think I'll keep spreading the line around after this.

My payment for sv-51 bounced so i wasn't able to get it on release day. I was so pissed off that i avoid this thread for weeks. I come back to see all these problems. I feel like a dodged a bullet now. Arcadia seems to be regressing to the old early days Yamato. Really disappointing to see. Wasn't the increasing price points bacause they were going with factories with better QC? I don't think i'll be buying Arcadia first releases anymore. Except maybe the new Vf-4 since they have that mold perfected already ( I hope).

And now adding to the disappointing truth. The ankle rivets just let loose and now I have to reglue the smaller toes back on. This is what happened to another board member previously.

Don’t mean to rant, but this Arcadia release is experiencing the dreaded Zero curse of explodium parts. Oddly enough they are not plastic parts but metal instead. 

I am definitely reconsidering future purchases of Zero mechs from Arcadia. For the price point you might as well through your money in a roaring fire pit. Arcadia is doing nothing preemptive to assure quality.

Arcadia (and I mean this with the utmost respect) WTF?!?!?!?!?’

With all the issues occurring with this figure, I went ahead and contacted Anime Export for support and a positive outlook. Currently, I am at 170, 10 days shy of PayPal protection, so if I hear nothing in the next few days I will file for a refund. It’s a shame for AE, hopefully they can lie a claim against Arcadia for all these customer issues.

Hopefully, all customers affected can come to an accord with AE or get their money back.

Thinking positive thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Arcadia is shipping the replacement parts.

In theory NY is shipping me a fix it kit.

I have another one that needs to be fixed I got from AmazonJP. I'm not having much luck with the seller. Does the post above say Arcadia is shipping the parts direct to customers? Or is it only to retailers then customers?

47 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Yep, they offered me first 10 percent then 30 then 50, I kept insisting to return it and they said keep it and offered a credit of the price shipped. 

Now you can contact Arcadia for the updated parts.

1 hour ago, Darotower said:

I've fixed my SV-51 because the ankles came inverted but took me a lot of time to remove the screws because there is not too much room to move the screwdriver.

20191011_164333.thumb.jpg.b9f42c9a900b1c2dd8c6e76854e157b5.jpg

Congrats my friend!!!

You are one of the lucky few who got both ankles (inverted but one of each).

This pic shows how Arcadia should have assembled all of the SV-51's.

10 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yeah, but my Eva got canned by Otaku Square:wacko:

This quote by Martin Luther King cheers me up when things aren't going my way:

The arc of the universe is long. But it bends toward justice.

So here's my SV-51 after I got it back from having it weathered. What do you guys think? (Pardon the crappy pics). Good news is it covered up the mess I made when I used clear nail polish to tighten the wing (looks better too IMO). Bad news is the right wing is still floppy as hell. 

20191015_143321.thumb.jpg.6c0fbe8c2bb8f6b6f7dfb6436b072838.jpg20191015_143301.thumb.jpg.35b1b7b40a3764cbaffba445e343acc5.jpg20191015_142540.thumb.jpg.71ae6b44f2875c509b62dad8f583783e.jpg20191015_142041.thumb.jpg.a1d154e0e0ff7ea79e8dcf4097158d86.jpg20191015_142658.thumb.jpg.952b2e00ecfb710a6e0576cff519ec77.jpg20191015_142523.thumb.jpg.a73657b9b2b0a0c4fbd4ddb88566efcb.jpg20191015_142134.thumb.jpg.5ce3c60b2b39d1eea5d61af98b5e8b91.jpg20191015_142055.thumb.jpg.4e06424abd24197bc7922ca400e75233.jpg

Edited by ArchieNov