Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yup, your feet are backwards.

However, fortunately you still have both feet, and it's a relatively simple fix with a precision screwdriver. Just be careful, since you'll need to push the foot to the side of the leg and unscrew at an angle. If you're not cautious you might strip the screw.

Thanks for the advice.

Glad I got the both correct feet!

Just got word from Amiami. Here is what they had to say:

Hello. Thank you for waiting. We have confirmed the current situation with our staff and currently we are still waiting to hear back from the maker regarding the replacement parts and whether we can receive them or not. Please note that we do not know how long it will take to confirm or receive the parts. As the maker is planning on releasing an updated version of the figure without the defect, one option would be to purchase the item later with the refunded money. Unfortunately, currently as of September 24, 2019, the only assistance we can provide is a return for a refund for the item. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi. Best wishes, AmiAmi

Almost forgot to post, here's some pictures of how to get the foot off.

There are two screws, they are visible if you tilt the foot to the side.

20190924_000713.thumb.jpg.a7a2e29d463139b3c26f1f958a0877b9.jpg

One will be further inside the leg than the other. Be careful getting this one out, keep firm pressure on the screwdriver into the screw, and tilt the foot as much as possible to get better access.

20190924_000757.thumb.jpg.f9a44c6b66ee999e6e355292377f6b7a.jpg

Once the two screws are out, the piece will come off and the foot just slides off the other end of the metal bar inside the leg.

20190924_000641.thumb.jpg.f65fb3a5e5681ef7880b69e74bf171d5.jpg

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Almost forgot to post, here's some pictures of how to get the foot off.

There are two screws, they are visible if you tilt the foot to the side.

20190924_000713.thumb.jpg.a7a2e29d463139b3c26f1f958a0877b9.jpg

One will be further inside the leg than the other. Be careful getting this one out, keep firm pressure on the screwdriver into the screw, and tilt the foot as much as possible to get better access.

20190924_000757.thumb.jpg.f9a44c6b66ee999e6e355292377f6b7a.jpg

Once the two screws are out, the piece will come off and the foot just slides off the other end of the metal bar inside the leg.

20190924_000641.thumb.jpg.f65fb3a5e5681ef7880b69e74bf171d5.jpg

I'll note that you do not want to try and separate the foot and ankle piece that's attached to it; just take off the removable ankle piece. I did it on mine since I was thinking to 3D model and print a corrected ankle and it did a number on the plastic ankle piece getting it out.

3 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

I'll note that you do not want to try and separate the foot and ankle piece that's attached to it; just take off the removable ankle piece. I did it on mine since I was thinking to 3D model and print a corrected ankle and it did a number on the plastic ankle piece getting it out.

Yeah, do not try and pop that off. I got "lucky" and mine fell off on it's own, thus the sanding so there's a better adhesion surface for putting it back together with glue.

I figured I'd leave it apart for now in case Arcadia ships out only the L/R bits, and not the rest of the foot.

19 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Thanks for the advice.

Glad I got the both correct feet!

isn't that a sigh of relief?  same feels when i opened my box to find correct ankles. lol. our hobby shouldn't have to be like this.

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, do not try and pop that off. I got "lucky" and mine fell off on it's own, thus the sanding so there's a better adhesion surface for putting it back together with glue.

I figured I'd leave it apart for now in case Arcadia ships out only the L/R bits, and not the rest of the foot.

Not quite what I was referring to but definately don't do that either.

15683449665056457199524098787065.thumb.jpg.8038502de9111c14cb890835c9292eb7.jpg

That's where I pulled it apart to. Note the damage on the ankle pin on the left; definately an extremely tight force fit at minimum if not glued in place.

Granted based on pictures of the correct units replacement parts should include both the foot and ankle so destroying your current ones really doesn't matter much if you're pusuing a replacement part. 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:15 AM, MacrossJoe said:

I ordered from nippon and because I have other items on pre-order, my SV51 has not shipped yet.

I created a ticket asking them to check to make sure my item is ok before they ship and this is the response I got:

Thank you for your message

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the defective parts. 

We can inspect the product if the item has not been shipped yet. When we find the defective parts by the inspection, we will require the maker to resend the correct item, In these case, please kindly understand that it is possible that it takes a time for the replacement and that you will receive the item in an opened box.We would like to apologize again on behalf of the manufacturer. Please rest assured we will do our very best to have the proper parts delivered to you as quickly as possible.

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

This sounds pretty reasonable.

I  got an update from Nippon and unfortunately, my SV-51 has the defect.  Here's what Nippon said:

Date: 2019-09-20 11:16:20
Name: Emi
Printer friendly version

Hello

Thank you for your message and your accepting the inspection.

We checked the item (macross zero) in your order and it had defective parts. We will ask the maker to replace a correct item. We will send your parcel as soon as possible after the arrival of the product. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

I must say, I'm pretty happy with their response.

9 minutes ago, MacrossJoe said:

I  got an update from Nippon and unfortunately, my SV-51 has the defect.  Here's what Nippon said:

Date: 2019-09-20 11:16:20
Name: Emi
Printer friendly version

Hello

Thank you for your message and your accepting the inspection.

We checked the item (macross zero) in your order and it had defective parts. We will ask the maker to replace a correct item. We will send your parcel as soon as possible after the arrival of the product. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

I must say, I'm pretty happy with their response.

Sounds good! Definitely not expected after hearing so many people claim they have terrible or non-existent customer service. I wonder what they will do for people who already shipped though...

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Sounds good! Definitely not expected after hearing so many people claim they have terrible or non-existent customer service. I wonder what they will do for people who already shipped though...

I hope I have a chance to get a foot and I'll fix it myself.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Haven't even touched my 51 since the ankle debacle started. I know I'll eventually get either replacement parts or a refund from HLJ but I have little desire to fiddle with it until then. 

THIS!!! Same here, once i saw the ankle issue i threw it back in the box thinking HLJ was going to want it back and havent touched it since. 

4 hours ago, Berkut said:

Well Amiami got back to me and basically said to ship back because Arcadia IS NOT going to give Amiami any type of parts to customers. INSTEAD, they will relist the SV51 after they get the corrected batch.

Screenshot_20190924-231054_Email.jpg

Honestly i wish HLJ gave me the option to send it back and get a new corrected one. 

The availability of Max is most likely just showing how small the Macross market truly is. I doubt they are making significantly more compared to the 1J. If anything, they probably made less. This is why people always bitch at Bandai and ask why they don’t just make more so everyone can easily get their Valk...it’s because the market isn’t that large and they would rather sell out than have product sit on shelves. The overall Macross numbers are so small that Tyne difference between a more popular model versus a less popular model is significant in comparison with the overall stock. The thing that is certain is once stock does eventually sell out, the people who missed out will be subject to higher price from those holding and willing to sell theirs. 

Edited by Slave IV

46 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The availability of Max is most likely just showing how small the Macross market truly is. I doubt they are making significantly more compared to the 1J. If anything, they probably made less. This is why people always bitch at Bandai and ask why they don’t just make more so everyone can easily get their Valk...it’s because the market isn’t that large and they would rather sell out than have product sit on shelves. The overall Macross numbers are so small that Tyne difference between a more popular model versus a less popular model is significant in comparison with the overall stock. The thing that is certain is once stock does eventually sell out, the people who missed out will be subject to higher price from those holding and willing to sell theirs. 

Ford SVT (now called Ford Performance, yuck) has a "policy" of making one less car than demand. It seems like Bandai is doing something similar.

There do seem to be a lot of Max's out there though. I just picked one up for $215 shipped. That was unexpected.

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Ford SVT (now called Ford Performance, yuck) has a "policy" of making one less car than demand. It seems like Bandai is doing something similar.

There do seem to be a lot of Max's out there though. I just picked one up for $215 shipped. That was unexpected.

Yeah, but in Bandai’s case it is more about maximizing profits than manufacturing scarcity. 

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, but in Bandai’s case it is more about maximizing profits than manufacturing scarcity. 

Bandai may be more aggressive than Ford. But Ford has HUGE margins on the SVT stuff. And then the dealerships lump ADM on top of that. Right now 2020 GT500 Track Packs are $100,000 retail and dealers are charging (and getting) up to $150,000 for them.

How does that old saying go? Something is worth as much as someone will pay for it. As long as we/they keep buying, they will keep pricing where it's at. Or start charging more.

Yeah, I know those SVTs are in high demand...hell, you get a lot for your money! For the kind of cars I like to buy, you need to get into the top tier models that cost at least twice as much as any Ford SVT and you still might not get Brembos and Recaro seats! Ford definitely stepped their game up and included some desireable parts that they know car enthusiasts care about. 

Edited by Slave IV