Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

2 hours ago, VX31 said:

so, whats really the distribution of bad ankle joints? did they say when they think the bad batch started?

mine was shipped from AmiAmi around 9/3.  upon inspection I lucked out and L/R ankles are ok on mine.  My BIL's from NY is inbound and he hasn't received his yet to check..

I have no idea on what the ratio of the defective product is, but my friend and I ordered via Amiami and we both had the defective leg models.

Edited by Berkut
Typo

2 minutes ago, platypus said:

Hi, could I cfm that my model, if looked from above fighter mode, has a slight ankle tilt to the right at the right exhaust, it is indicative of a defective leg model?

If you ankles look like this picture in Jet mode from the top view, its correct.

EEQk-UDVUAIE6oF.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, Moosey said:

Latest email from HLJ says they expect replacement stock in mid October. 

Hrmm.. I wonder if its just best to return my Amiami one and take a chance to order from HLJ if they do get it in stock...currently Amiami hasnt replied back to me after I asked if they can work it out with Arcadia to get replacement parts or a non-defective item later.

I don't know if anyone has seen this. I got a email from Amazon JP and it says this:

Here is the link from the below translation:

https://arcadia.ac/user_data/info20190912.php

I'm not going to bother sending my two back. I actually haven't checked the second one yet. Hopefully at some point replacement ankles will be available. I'll swap them myself (I can do it way faster than dealing with shipping these two back).

Thank you for using .co.jp.
The following information has been provided by the manufacturer regarding past orders.

Macross zero 1/60 perfect deformation SV-51γ D.D.Ivanov boarding machine final battle specification

Content:
Since a mistake was found in the installation of the parts, the manufacturer has taken action.
Please refer to the following official website for details.
https://arcadia.ac/user_data/info20190912.php

-

B07R67C6F9-Macross Zero 1/60 Fully Modified SV-51γ D.D.Ivanov Boarding Machine Final Battle Specification

Since there is a possibility that the customer's past orders are applicable, please check based on the above information. If you have any questions, please contact the manufacturer's inquiry desk.
If you are placing a gift order, please provide this information to the recipient.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to your product.

If you have any questions about this matter, please contact the above contact.

43 minutes ago, lykiat said:

Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones to get both of the same ankles. I've written to NY and hope that they can get me a replacement unit. 

Got mine from NY today as well and it has this issue, too :(. If there'll be replacement parts, ok. But I won't send it back as for me it is only a minor fault. 

Edited by CrossAir

12 hours ago, Berkut said:

Hrmm.. I wonder if its just best to return my Amiami one and take a chance to order from HLJ if they do get it in stock...currently Amiami hasnt replied back to me after I asked if they can work it out with Arcadia to get replacement parts or a non-defective item later.

Amiami took my order back and they will also refund the return shipping cost.

31 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Hopefully the “if” in the response favors you.

Who knows how many Arcadia will have to replace.

Yeah its a big if indeed. Amiami is huge in Japan and it would makes sense for them to get support from any manufacturer. It puzzled me why they at first were hesistant to get support when all the other stores were doing it.

Glue seems to be an issue with the SV-51 indeed. Tried to attach the rocket under the wing and the fuselage of the rocket fell right off although I did not use much force at all. Obviously they use only very little amount of glue and even on painted surfaces again. Although I love this Valk and its looks while on display, but now I get disappointed concerning its high price  with all quality issues occurring in the past weeks.

IMG_9552.thumb.jpg.a029450869eb21b00286cec32cc834bc.jpg

On 9/17/2019 at 4:14 AM, Slave IV said:

Sorry, I'm not sure but you can look for something like methacrylate. When I bought mine, it was Pledge multi floor care and it said "With Future" on it. I think they have changed the packging since.

@Slave IV @whitestarSorry, I need your help. I wanted to send you a private message but I don't know how to attach pictures there. I bought what I think is a water-based acrylic, but it's called a base coat primer for use with nail polish. Here is a pic of the packaging and the ingredients:

image.png.180a465f45e7ddedf0d303b7d16108bf.png

image.png.3e0e7348f95725d727f4db62daff7963.png

However after spraying it on, it didn't really make the hinge tighter. Actually, it's even looser now than ever (but I don't think it's due to the primer, but instead due to me moving the hinge again. It seems that it always gets looser after every movement). But my main problem now is that I accidentally got it on other parts of the wing and now it looks like this:

image.png.c87056072608e89f0f95f305c4d87689.png

I tried using both water and alcohol to try and get it off but it doesn't seem to be working that well. Although I didn't really put too much alcohol because I'm worried I might make it worse. Are these parts molded in black? Is it safe to use more alcohol to try and remove these marks? If not alcohol, what should I use to try and clean this up?

Honestly, I'm kinda fed up with this thing. I'm almost tempted to just shove it in storage and never look at it again.

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

@Slave IV @whitestarSorry, I need your help. I wanted to send you a private message but I don't know how to attach pictures there. I bought what I think is a water-based acrylic, but it's called a base coat primer for use with nail polish. Here is a pic of the packaging and the ingredients:

image.png.180a465f45e7ddedf0d303b7d16108bf.png

image.png.3e0e7348f95725d727f4db62daff7963.png

However after spraying it on, it didn't really make the hinge tighter. Actually, it's even looser now than ever (but I don't think it's due to the primer, but instead due to me moving the hinge again. It seems that it always gets looser after every movement). But my main problem now is that I accidentally got it on other parts of the wing and now it looks like this:

image.png.c87056072608e89f0f95f305c4d87689.png

I tried using both water and alcohol to try and get it off but it doesn't seem to be working that well. Although I didn't really put too much alcohol because I'm worried I might make it worse. Are these parts molded in black? Is it safe to use more alcohol to try and remove these marks? If not alcohol, what should I use to try and clean this up?

Honestly, I'm kinda fed up with this thing. I'm almost tempted to just shove it in storage and never look at it again.

Can you get the product out in liquid form to apply by dropping with a toothpick or q tip? You probably should have tested it on something else first but it will likely work if used properly. I suspect if you sprayed a thin wide mist, it isn’t going to do anything. You need to get the liquid and drip it directly into the joint. Then move the joint around to get it fully coated. Then don’t touch it for a full day to let it cure. Then try it out, you should feel a difference. If not enough, repeat the process. You may need to do it two or three times although I’ve never needed more than one coat. 

As for cleaning it off, I have no idea what those parts are as far as painted or not, mine is still shipping. But you should be able to use some warm soapy water to clean it off. 

I did test spraying the liquid on the plastic cap of my shaving cream and was able to remove it quite easily before I tried it on the plane. But I guess the matte finish is probably what's preventing me from simply scratching it off. The cap of my shaving cream was glossy.

Sigh, now I wish I didn't bother trying to fix this joint. Not only did I spend time and money to acquire the clear nail polish, I ended up making it even worse with no improvement to the joint.

The only thing I can think of now that will make me like this thing is if I commission someone to weather it. Hopefully that should cover up the primer spots and might even tighten up the joint.

41 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

When I look at mine I think those parts are unpainted plastic with matte finish. I don't know, but as the coat contains acrylates I hope it does not work like superglue. It maybe hard to remove it without damaging the surface if possible at all?!

Use cleae enamel nail polish on the joint instead.

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

I did test spraying the liquid on the plastic cap of my shaving cream and was able to remove it quite easily before I tried it on the plane. But I guess the matte finish is probably what's preventing me from simply scratching it off. The cap of my shaving cream was glossy.

Sigh, now I wish I didn't bother trying to fix this joint. Not only did I spend time and money to acquire the clear nail polish, I ended up making it even worse with no improvement to the joint.

The only thing I can think of now that will make me like this thing is if I commission someone to weather it. Hopefully that should cover up the primer spots and might even tighten up the joint.

It doesn't look that bad. It's a machine used for combat so nicks, dents, and scratches are all normal wear and tear. A perfect machine looks unnatural anyways. Be proud of your scars.

Touch up those excess sprays as wear and tear on the valk @ArchieNov. Sooner or later those birds of prey are going to be going to showing the scars. I think that you might be the first one to customize the 51 if you should decide to.

or

Toss it against the wall like the Draken due to frustration!:lol:

7 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Tried using Windex on a Qtip?

I received my SV-51 yesterday and at first I thought I was lucky because I have proper left and right ankles.

Then I proceeded to transform it and immediately noticed several loose parts. My left biceps swivel spins completely freely. Also the whole right wing assembly was very loose. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a crack on the upper part of the swivel that lifts the wing; it means my whole wing is held only by a tiny piece of plastic beneath it. I have included a picture that shows where the crack is.

On top of that, when I bent the right knee for the first time, it dislocated. At first I thought it was broken, but I managed to squeeze it back in place and had to push back a pin so that this knee joint can function properly.

So this is without a doubt a gorgeous piece, but I'm afraid it's going to sit on my shelf in fighter mode forever which is shame because I like to transform my toys regularly. I'm just too afraid it's going to break if I manipulate it again and for such an expensive piece, this is unacceptable.

IMG_9743.JPG

Edited by Sayroll

2 hours ago, Sayroll said:

I received my SV-51 yesterday and at first I thought I was lucky because I have proper left and right ankles.

Then I proceeded to transform it and immediately noticed several loose parts. My left biceps swivel spins completely freely. Also the whole right wing assembly was very loose. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a crack on the upper part of the swivel that lifts the wing; it means my whole wing is held only by a tiny piece of plastic beneath it. I have included a picture that shows where the crack is.

On top of that, when I bent the right knee for the first time, it dislocated. At first I thought it was broken, but I managed to squeeze it back in place and had to push back a pin so that this knee joint can function properly.

So this is without a doubt a gorgeous piece, but I'm afraid it's going to sit on my shelf in fighter mode forever which is shame because I like to transform my toys regularly. I'm just too afraid it's going to break if I manipulate it again and for such an expensive piece, this is unacceptable.

IMG_9743.JPG

If it came broken it would be better to get it replaced. Since there seems to be various reasons to send it back the great thing is Arcadia is being responsive and responsible enough to address the issue.  

You paid a lot of money for this, why settle?

It may be a hassle, but once you get a corrected replacement at least you can enjoy more than one mode.

Thanks. I do have that topcoat as I used it before on my Gundam models. But I'm having a professional do the weathering and stickering up for me. Hopefully it comes out well so I can have my own custom premium finish version. Who knows, maybe my mess up might actually turn into a blessing? Will have to wait and see.

6 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Thanks. I do have that topcoat as I used it before on my Gundam models. But I'm having a professional do the weathering and stickering up for me. Hopefully it comes out well so I can have my own custom premium finish version. Who knows, maybe my mess up might actually turn into a blessing? Will have to wait and see.

Who is doing the work for you (PM me if you want to)? I need some work done and I'm having  a hard time nailing someone down.

Thanks

7 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Curious, how much does it cost to commission it?

Took a chance on having my shipment brought in and to my surprise the feet were crooked right out of the box. When it was removed, immediately I extended the feet and found that they were the correct ankles. I was happy to see this and that my gamble paid off.

what seems odd though is that even when I fully collapse the feet they still tend to toe out.

Not sure what’s going on. Maybe the ankles are reversed. I will have to inspect this more closely later today and report back.

Wish me luck.

825723A3-72AB-4AB4-AE5D-9B26B1B76B23.jpeg

5E2E5104-41BB-4FE3-8BB6-9D55C869DA49.jpeg

C97B1640-D653-42D1-A993-3EADEDCED101.jpeg

2 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Took a chance on having my shipment brought in and to my surprise the feet were crooked right out of the box. When it was removed, immediately I extended the feet and found that they were the correct ankles. I was happy to see this and that my gamble paid off.

what seems odd though is that even when I fully collapse the feet they still tend to toe out.

Not sure what’s going on. Maybe the ankles are reversed. I will have to inspect this more closely later today and report back.

Wish me luck.

825723A3-72AB-4AB4-AE5D-9B26B1B76B23.jpeg

5E2E5104-41BB-4FE3-8BB6-9D55C869DA49.jpeg

C97B1640-D653-42D1-A993-3EADEDCED101.jpeg

They're on backwards.  You should be able to dismantle it and swap them though, so that's a better situation than a lot of us.

Yup, your feet are backwards.

However, fortunately you still have both feet, and it's a relatively simple fix with a precision screwdriver. Just be careful, since you'll need to push the foot to the side of the leg and unscrew at an angle. If you're not cautious you might strip the screw.