Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

10 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Mine arrived this morning, I just lifted the flap to see if there was a difference between the two feet. Both point away from each other. As you can see, the left side points away way more than the right side one does. I'm assuming the left side has the fault maybe? 

More than likely ... I just inspected mine and noticed mine was slightly pointing more than the other;  opened it up and gently retraced the feet from the fuselage.  CYKA got a defective one.

6 minutes ago, jodokast said:

Too much Life of Boris and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game trilogy. 

We'll see what HLJ says, since I just contacted them and attached some photos of my defective foot.  Oy Blin!

In my case it's too much WarThunder.

Well, here's hoping that Arcadia is able to arrange the production of a bunch of Right feet.

20 hours ago, jodokast said:

More than likely ... I just inspected mine and noticed mine was slightly pointing more than the other;  opened it up and gently retraced the feet from the fuselage.  CYKA got a defective one.

Sending mine back. I'd rather the money than a defective expensive toy. Knew I should have held off until the premium finish version. 

Edited by TrickyCustomer

Well, managed to get the foot off mine fairly easily with a precision screwdriver. So if anyone has the other ankle, they are actually fairly easy to swap.

The only thing to be careful of is making sure you don't strip the rounded screw, which is a bit harder to reach and somewhat up inside the leg. Had to unscrew it with the head at an angle, but no signs of stripping when done carefully.

20190914_151259.thumb.jpg.081602659ecbcd1f9c05288bb3979160.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, managed to get the foot off mine fairly easily with a precision screwdriver. So if anyone has the other ankle, they are actually fairly easy to swap.

The only thing to be careful of is making sure you don't strip the rounded screw, which is a bit harder to reach and somewhat up inside the leg. Had to unscrew it with the head at an angle, but no signs of stripping when done carefully.

20190914_151259.thumb.jpg.081602659ecbcd1f9c05288bb3979160.jpg

So if I understand this correctly, IF Arcadia will send out the correct ankle it's a DIY job? I can absolutely live with that. My Dad is a TV repair man. He has a sweet set of tools.:D

On 9/14/2019 at 8:51 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Just needs an electronics/precision/eyeglasses screwdriver.

I’d get the one with the narrowest shaft possible, so you can get a better angle on the screws.

Any feedback from Arcadia on getting the correct ankles? That's an easy fix. I'd much rather do that then exchanger a valk and deal with shipping, time, etc.

Thanks

On 9/13/2019 at 1:15 AM, Slave IV said:

The key ingredient is acrylic. If you get an acrylic based polish, including nail polish, you should be good. 

@Slave IV I'm having a real hard time lookong for one of these things (I've never bought nail polish before). Most of the ones I see on the shelf are Nail Lacquer or Polish that contains Butyl Acetate and a bunch of other chemicals). I don't see acrylic written. Can I use these or should I avoid?

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Any feedback from Arcadia on getting the correct ankles? That's an easy fix. I'd much rather do that then exchanger a valk and deal with shipping, time, etc.

Thanks

Nothing further since the last email, which stated they did not at this time have any spare parts available.

I think it's going to be a waiting game, but if there's any update I'll post it.

8 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

@Slave IV I'm having a real hard time lookong for one of these things (I've never bought nail polish before). Most of the ones I see on the shelf are Nail Lacquer or Polish that contains Butyl Acetate and a bunch of other chemicals). I don't see acrylic written. Can I use these or should I avoid?

Sorry, I'm not sure but you can look for something like methacrylate. When I bought mine, it was Pledge multi floor care and it said "With Future" on it. I think they have changed the packging since.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sorry, I'm not sure but you can look for something like methacrylate. When I bought mine, it was Pledge multi floor care and it said "With Future" on it. I think they have changed the packging since.

The name keeps changing: http://www.finescale.com/how-to/tips/2018/05/reader-tips-pledge-future-gloss-has-a-new-name

30 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Mine is en route from NY too... keeping fingers crossed that NY has a good batch?:blink:

My second on is coming from NY. Who is apparently located on Jupiter. Hopefully it's got screwed up feet the opposite of the one I already have.;)

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Try emailing HLJ and asking if they can check and send it to Arcadia for fix if it’s not correct?

I don’t understand the main issue preventing an easy fix by printing the ankle parts?

Is there something I am missing that can’t be unscrewed (ala DX YF-19)?

So mine arrived yesterday from NY. Was going to sit this one out, but got the Macross bug in the end. Sorry to say that I noticed the crooked right foot in fighter mode before I even opened the box thanks to this thread. :vava:

Transformed from fighter to battroid and back. Aside from the two left ankles, the Valkyrie is solid. It’s a bummer about the factory error, but I don’t think I’m bothered enough by it to request a return. The right foot slides out all right even with the reversed ankle.

On the other hand, I would be into a printed ankle replacement part if one were made.

Edited by technoblue

27 minutes ago, jenius said:

It requires people removing the whole foot and swapping with each other right? 

Yes, though the bottom part that attaches to the back 2 toes can pop off (it's the connection with the failed glue on mine), and the front toe can come off if you push the pin out.

There's 3 parts that need to be replaced, the metal core of the foot, and the 2 plastic pieces that clamshell the front/back foot joint to the metal shaft inside the leg.

I'm figuring Arcadia might just be replacing the whole foot however, to avoid having to pop the glued joint and pins.

Right, so disassembling the foot is a fool's errand at this point right? The move is to remove the entire foot and trade the entire foot with someone? Sounds like removing the foot just takes two screws so we should be able to get a little foot market place going?

Edited by jenius

Yup, removing the foot wholesale to swap with someone else is pretty straightforwards.

Two screws, take the thinnest electronics/precision screwdriver you can and press the foot as far as you can into the opposite side of the leg, then just try not to strip the screw.

I managed to get mine off without too much trouble, but I could see someone stripping the screw head if they're not careful, as you have to unscrew it from an angle.

Shameless plug: if there's anyone that has two right legs, I'll swap you a left.

Though so far it seems that the error is consistently 2 lefts, leading me to believe it's an intentional cover-up (of the manufacturer) for some manufacturing mistake on the right feet parts.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Short answer as to why it’s not fixable by 3D printing:
One of the parts that needs to be replaced is the metal central piece of the foot.
A plastic printed part will likely not last very long due to the stresses on the part.

We did metal 3D printing (additive manufacturing) at my last job. If I was still there, I'd try to hook folks up with replacements for the core. The printing techniques are still a bit experimental, but the results are pretty nice and I think the printed part could handle the stress. Might be worth looking around online to see if someone can metal-print what you need.