Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

Hope this helps:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

from that site:

"Philippines - Available at Ace Hardware, Home Hardware, the DIY Store, and grocery stores like SM Super/Hypermart and Rustans."

Thanks. I've tried Rustans and Ace Hardware but they didn't have it. Maybe I should look for Johnsons' Wipe and Shine?

In Japan and the Philippines it is known as "Johnson's Wipe and Shine".

7 hours ago, bleecher said:

This is the response I got from CDJapan:

It seems the company admitted the defective, however, this is not domestic purchase, they do not accept the request for the replacement from oversea shopping.

Therefore, we would like to offer you 10 % discount from the item price.

Please reply to us if it's acceptable for you.

Sounds like my best option at this point.

If this is what HLJ ends up offering im going to return it and wait a few months and hope they are corrected. 

Looks like HLJ has stopped ordering of it as well 

https://hlj.com/1-60-scale-macross-zero-sv-51-gamma-d-d-ivanov-use-final-battle-ver-aca82147

Edited by anubis20

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

I also made a noob mistake with mine  when the foot broke off I super glued it back on and now it has the superglue clouding on the foot assembly. I hope AmiAmi will still accept it  

Chris

If you spray a clear coat, the fog/cloud will disappear from the super glued plastic. Try to mask as much as possible the other parts so you don’t overspray at unwanted areas. 

Man do I feel like sending this back? It really doesn’t effect anything. (Well my wrong foot is very slightly cocked to the side) but I do think it’s going to hurt resale value if I ever decide to liquidate my collection. But I like non hero and villain valks so I’d prob never get rid of it anyway. 

Edited by ErikElvis

3 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Man do I feel like sending this back? It really doesn’t effect anything. (Well my wrong foot is very slightly cocked to the side) but I do think it’s going to hurt resale value if I ever decide to liquidate my collection. But I like non hero and villain valks so I’d prob never get rid of it anyway. 

It doesn't bother me enough to go through all of the hoops to exchange it. Yeah, maybe 10yrs from now I'll liquidate and when I get to selling the 51's people will ask "Does it have that foot problem?". I'll say yes, and get what I can get for it.

I have more than my fair share of stress in my life. Some things I decide it's best just to let go.

Hobby Search comes through! I sent a video of the loose joint then a pic of the misassembled ankles. They're asking for me to return it using the cheapest method possible then to allow for some wait as they get a replacement from the manufacture. They will reimburse me for shipping. Great customer service!

"Thank you very much for your inquiry, and we are very sorry 
to hear of the trouble.

We understand that the product is defect, so we would like you to 
return the product to us in order to receive a replacement 
from the manufacturer.

<snip, snip>

....Please note that it may take time for the manufacturer 
to send us the replacement, so please allow us time for this."

Edited by whitestar

So Arcadia is has taken to Twitter to address this misasembled foot thing. Not sure what it say as the correction they are proposing to do  

How many of these defects are showing up. Is it alot or here and there. I bought this from hlj and it's in my warehouse and now I want them to check it before they send it. 

I just sent a inquiry to HLJ 

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

If this is what HLJ ends up offering im going to return it and wait a few months and hope they are corrected. 

Looks like HLJ has stopped ordering of it as well 

https://hlj.com/1-60-scale-macross-zero-sv-51-gamma-d-d-ivanov-use-final-battle-ver-aca82147

I just sent an inquiry to HLJ to see what they say I am hoping they come through since is this effectively a recall by they manufactor.

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Thanks. I've tried Rustans and Ace Hardware but they didn't have it. Maybe I should look for Johnsons' Wipe and Shine?

In Japan and the Philippines it is known as "Johnson's Wipe and Shine".

The key ingredient is acrylic. If you get an acrylic based polish, including nail polish, you should be good. 

On 9/11/2019 at 11:18 PM, anubis20 said:

@ArchieNov can you take a pic of these parts since you have a good one. We are trying to figure out if they are also supposed to be facing the same way or if there should also be a left and right for these parts. Thanks!!

C5E34777-8411-4644-85D2-CFC9D611F0C8.jpeg.a93d781395f7d3fb009ac591fd944e59.jpeg

@anubis20 Sorry late reply. Didn't see your post earlier. But yeah, I checked mine and those parts are facing the same way.  

Wow...been a real long time since I posted here!

2 hours ago, jenius said:

It sounds like the foot can be disassembled with some effort. If there's no glue, I'd be happy with a replacement part.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I need to check tonight if the feet can be swapped, might require cracking the leg open however.

It can be disassembled! It's not the easiest thing, and it's a little scary, but it can be done. Without opening the leg either.

You need to utilize both ankle rockers, and angle the ankle as far to one side as you can. There are two screws on the ankle rocker, one easily accessible near the rear toes, and one up higher. It just BARELY peeks out from the leg.

20190910_180112.thumb.jpg.9e1d6067a6f5167c336448403fab6a9f.jpg 

You gotta flex that inner leg shaft some, but you can get a screwdriver in there. The screwdriver will still be at a bit of an angle, so use a good one, and take it slow.

20190910_180221.thumb.jpg.2eb92790891a52f783f06302bbcb77fb.jpg

If you don't want to try for an exchange, or hope replacement parts become available, you can mod the ankle joint to at least sit straight in fighter mode. You'll need to significantly file down the side of the ankle joint that rests against the arm cavity. The first picture shows how much I had to file away, about 1.5mm.

20190910_174803.jpg.92857ca31509cb4a6382237a9149afec.jpg

And the part fully filed down and smoothed over.

20190910_175425.jpg.a13375d77295c0a516c8d76a3cf64418.jpg

But that meant I was able to get the foot to sit straight in fighter mode. It's still the wrong foot, but using the ankle rockers in the legs allows it to sit properly in each mode.

20190910_173338.thumb.jpg.2992adf2bd670efc3205f71fdb2315c3.jpg20190910_180036.thumb.jpg.f1258c2fe9490a7acb26c87a893c059d.jpg

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

It doesn't bother me enough to go through all of the hoops to exchange it. Yeah, maybe 10yrs from now I'll liquidate and when I get to selling the 51's people will ask "Does it have that foot problem?". I'll say yes, and get what I can get for it.

I have more than my fair share of stress in my life. Some things I decide it's best just to let go.

That's how I feel too. Even if I didn't file that part, I was just going to leave it. If I could walk into Target and exchange and inspect it on the spot, that would be a different story.

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

@anubis20 Sorry late reply. Didn't see your post earlier. But yeah, I checked mine and those parts are facing the same way.  

I wonder if that's where all the confusion is coming from? Since the upper ankle joints are the same, perhaps the workers did not understand the foot was different?

47 minutes ago, Jarrod said:

I wonder if that's where all the confusion is coming from? Since the upper ankle joints are the same, perhaps the workers did not understand the foot was different?

Yea basically that ankle piece would be the only difference and at a quick glance they all look the same. 

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

So what is the issue? That offset part that the ankle attaches to?

Yup; and it's a single piece that's central to whole foot with everything attaching to it being either pin joints or glued and riveted on. There's no way truly fix it short of a replacement foot or a ton of work rebuilding the whole assembly. The piece that would need to be replaced is also metal so a printed plastic replacement would likely wear out fairly quickly at best since they seem to only use metal in high stress parts.

Shaving down one side of the ankle like a previous poster showed will get you a bit more clearance within the leg to have it fit a little better but I can't imagine it'll make all that much of a difference when the foot has that kind of offset built into it.

Edited by Jaustin89

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

So what is the issue? That offset part that the ankle attaches to?

Could you swap the feet with each other once you got it to that point? L to R and vice versa? Would that solve it?

EDIT - I guess that would only solve it in the very specific instance you got them installed opposite... but if you have two of the same you'd have to trade with someone first.

Edited by jenius

I checked mine and I got double left feet too. Pretty bad f—k up. Took it back to my shop and they will send it back to Arcadia. They won’t offer a refund so I hope they can get it to the right people. Arcadia need to own this and ensure their overseas customers get replacements since they are so niche, but I’m glad they’ve acknowledged the problem.

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, I've got 2 Lefts, anyone with a pair of Rights want to trade?

@Sanity is Optional I still don't know how to tell if they're two left or two right. I have two of something, if they're L and R, I don't know.

Can you post a pic up of what you're calling 2L or 2R. Maybe I have the opposite you do and we can swap.