Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

Nice to hear they are trying to do something about it! 

While the mistake was made by the factory, it is the company who ordered the job's responibility to check their orders before accepting for shipment out to customers. That whole process is even explained by Mr. K. Factories are capable of producing the greatest or worst products imaginable...it all depends on the company that hired them for the job.

So how will this help us poor international customers? I bought mine from AmiAmi. A good store, but I have serious doubts they’ll do anything....it wasn’t their screw up and they won’t pay shipping or return shipping and Arcadia doesn’t seem to give a crap about international costumers. After spending $420 for this thing I’m not spending another dime on it especially expensive shipping. So mad at this.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

1 minute ago, Dobber said:

So how will this help us poor international customers? I bought mine from AmiAmi. A good store, but I have serious doubts they’ll do anything....it wasn’t their screw up and they won’t pay shipping or return shipping and Arcadia doesn’t seem to give a crap about international costumers.

Chris

My friend got his from Amiami and they are exchanging it and also covering return shipping, he just sent it back today. The question is if they will just get a replacement off the shelf that will have the same issue or check to see if the unit is fixed which I highly doubt. 

Glad to see some response on that end.  Hopefully HLJ/CD Japan/etc. will address this directly with the customers, since we can't work directly with Arcadia.

I've got plenty of time in my private warehouse, so I'm going to leave it there as long as possible until I can be sure HLJ is receiving corrected stock, or spare parts.

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

My friend got his from Amiami and they are exchanging it and also covering return shipping, he just sent it back today. The question is if they will just get a replacement off the shelf that will have the same issue or check to see if the unit is fixed which I highly doubt. 

Wow that’s surprising! I sent them an email too just after I posted here. I’ll see what they say.

Chris

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Really?  He didn’t get banned for that?..

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Really?  He didn’t get banned for that?..

Why would he get banned? Its a legitimate manufacturer’s defect so I dont see why they would ban. They have helped me over the past few years with no issues. I went through the same process with the first DX 31F release and a scratch it had on the wing. 

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Sure go ahead. Now I’m wondering again if it’s mine that’s swapped around and that other person has the right one haha.

This is his reply. Could be why your having that issue:

Reply.jpg.98a37fa9426fd5ce6afd894397bae3c4.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

They're not quantum ankles. They won't change whether or not you observe them. ;)

How about Schroedingers ankles?

I need to check with HLJ since my SV-51 is still in the PW.

I‘m sure I asked them before if they would inspect a toy for me and they denied.

50 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

This is his reply. Could be why your having that issue:

Reply.jpg.98a37fa9426fd5ce6afd894397bae3c4.jpg

Lol so mine are reversed? Gosh what a truly disappointing release then. I wonder if it's easy to swap them around.

EDIT: Oh wait, my picture was taken in fighter mode. So if I twist the legs 180 degrees for battroid mode, it should look like the other picture. So does that mean mine are correct?

Edited by ArchieNov

This is the response I got from CDJapan:

It seems the company admitted the defective, however, this is not domestic purchase, they do not accept the request for the replacement from oversea shopping.

Therefore, we would like to offer you 10 % discount from the item price.

Please reply to us if it's acceptable for you.

Sounds like my best option at this point.

17 hours ago, anubis20 said:

@ArchieNov can you take a pic of these parts since you have a good one. We are trying to figure out if they are also supposed to be facing the same way or if there should also be a left and right for these parts. Thanks!!

C5E34777-8411-4644-85D2-CFC9D611F0C8.jpeg.a93d781395f7d3fb009ac591fd944e59.jpeg

Mine are exactly like your picture,  but my ankle part is correct in my version , just like ArchieNov's

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

@chyll2 Where can I buy this locally in the Philippines? I tried checking supermarkets and hardware stores near me but couldn't find it. I believe it's supposed to be the Pledge Floor Gloss.

Hope this helps:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

from that site:

"Philippines - Available at Ace Hardware, Home Hardware, the DIY Store, and grocery stores like SM Super/Hypermart and Rustans."

Edited by sumyumgoy

Heard back from AmiAmi. They want to see pictures. Thankfully I still had the box with the shipping label as they require a picture of it along with the item. 

As for impeding function. It does slightly. The feet are now too close together and they overlap a bit. Also it makes it hard to collapse the foot into the leg completely so they won’t be symmetrical. 

While I am mad at this situation, I CAN live with it. It just shouldn’t be an issue with a $400+ toy.

I also made a noob mistake with mine  when the foot broke off I super glued it back on and now it has the superglue clouding on the foot assembly. I hope AmiAmi will still accept it  

Chris

Edited by Dobber