Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

10 minutes ago, Redskull said:

Is there a review out yet? I was curious if Arcadia included a stand much like Yamato did. You think for the price Arcadia is asking, is definitely would.

A review was done. I believe that it was posted two pages back.  

Edit: See Page 32. Posted by @Ignacio Ocamica

Edited by borgified

No stand, just adapters.

In their defense, it's an absolutely massive valkyrie, easily the largest 1/60 figure and dwarfs the 1/48 Yamato/Bandai VF-1 figures. Also includes a good amount of metal content and a very complex transformation that (at least in my case) seems to lock together pretty well.

I haven't transformed the SV-51, will check it out tonight.  

Hmm, not sure if I'll go through with the VF-0D.  Didn't the 0A come out AFTER the 0S and had the hip breakages?  Bandai may have some factory flubs (HMR 1A leg armor comes to mind), but at least the toys are solid.

This is a QC disaster.

13 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

I haven't transformed the SV-51, will check it out tonight.  

Hmm, not sure if I'll go through with the VF-0D.  Didn't the 0A come out AFTER the 0S and had the hip breakages?  Bandai may have some factory flubs (HMR 1A leg armor comes to mind), but at least the toys are solid.

This is a QC disaster.

No, 0A was after 0D but before 0S. The 0A had a high failure rate and fixing it was a priority for the 0S.

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Also includes a good amount of metal content and a very complex transformation that (at least in my case) seems to lock together pretty well.

I didn't notice much metal content. Where is it?

The only part I know are those tiny hinges that are part of the shoulder joint, but it was like that already on the Yamato and is unfortunately prone to paint chipping.

Edited by ArchieNov

48 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I didn't notice much metal content. Where is it?

The only part I know are those tiny hinges that are part of the shoulder joint, but it was like that already on the Yamato and is unfortunately prone to paint chipping.

There's some small parts entirely made of metal all over the place, mainly joints. It's not a lot of volume of metal, but it's a lot of individual parts.

I suprised more people aren’t chiming in with messed up ankles. That’s a good thing but I wonder if people just have not got around to checking. 

I was initially very annoyed and I’m still annoyed. Just not return it annoyed. Especially since the replacement will have the same thing. 

Edited by ErikElvis

If there are more reports of same type ankles for booth legs then the issue is not with assembly but more so with manufacturing of the molds. I am just wondering how bad was the mold that the correct ankle was abandoned and the same type ankle was then used to supplement the defect.

Looks more like a Q&A than issue QC. 

It would be very interesting for someone to start a poll and see what those results demonstrate.

I still have to wait for mine to arrive from NY so we’ll see what turns up.

Is not supposed the code to come in the attached sheet (with the transformation guide) serves to report the issues?

maybe we could write a single email with all codes together and send it to Arcadia requesting spares?

Back in topic the most like me about this bird is that really looks like a bad guy feels like have in hand the villain of the movie

only wish the Arcadia would have given us the movable face mask

also noticed the variations between the early 3d model and the final look in the OVAS what is Arcadia based on

IMG_2887.jpeg

IMG_2885.jpeg

IMG_2886.jpeg

animesv.gif

svface.jpg

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

If there are more reports of same type ankles for booth legs then the issue is not with assembly but more so with manufacturing of the molds. I am just wondering how bad was the mold that the correct ankle was abandoned and the same type ankle was then used to supplement the defect.

Looks more like a Q&A than issue QC. 

It would be very interesting for someone to start a poll and see what those results demonstrate.

I still have to wait for mine to arrive from NY so we’ll see what turns up.

Yes, I would like to know if the issue is widespread or just a few unfortunate units got the shaft. 

Mine appears to also have two of the same ankles as well. I wonder if HLJ will work something out with Arcadia, as that's where I got mine too.

It isn't really a huge deal, especially if I never transform it. But when you think about how much this figure costs it's quite unacceptable.

IMG_20190911_082516091.jpg

Edited by Corrinald

50 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Mine appears to also have two of the same ankles as well. I wonder if HLJ will work something out with Arcadia, as that's where I got mine too.

It isn't really a huge deal, especially if I never transform it. But when you think about how much this figure costs it's quite unacceptable.

IMG_20190911_082516091.jpg

Report it to them. The more reports they get the more pressure they can put on Arcadia to try and get us the correct part. 

18 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Was there anyone else besides me that got the correct ankles? It feels like there are more cases of incorrect assembly versus those that are correct, at least based on what people have reported here so far.

Seems that way, Ive seen more defects than correct ones from users on twitter. So far I only seen two assembled correctly including yours :blink: 

Edited by anubis20

28 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Seems that way, Ive seen more defects than correct ones from users on twitter. So far I only seen two assembled correctly including yours :blink: 

That is a huge mess up then. That kind of mistake would demand a recall of the products.

But just to be sure, are mine really correct? I hope it's not like the left should be on the right and vice-versa.

20190911_213152.jpg.e9abdbbf5cd05be963efe42c9b8f7411.jpg

I am also annoyed that every time I try to push the legs back in, the edges of the big toe keep snagging on the ankle housing unless I have the feet splayed out. Now I got some small dents (although it should be easy to hide with some black markers).

Edited by ArchieNov

53 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

That is a huge mess up then. That kind of mistake would demand a recall of the products.

But just to be sure, are mine really correct? I hope it's not like the left should be on the right and vice-versa.

20190911_213152.jpg.e9abdbbf5cd05be963efe42c9b8f7411.jpg

I am also annoyed that every time I try to push the legs back in, the edges of the big toe keep snagging on the ankle housing unless I have the feet splayed out. Now I got some small dents (although it should be easy to hide with some black markers).

Yea man yours are 100% good ^_^ agreed i wish they had a detent or locking point for the toes. 

18 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Can you update us once you hear back from them? I have sent an email, but haven't had a response yet. Thanks!

I'm guessing that we're going to be getting all sorts of updates. This is probably going to turn into some drama.:p

I feel bad for Arcadia. From a business standpoint this is a nightmare disaster. If they don't screw everyone it's going to cost them more money than they made on the production run to make this right. That is unless they can devise a fix that we can do at the consumer level. And that will still sting a LOT.

13 minutes ago, valhary said:

Another chance is interchange between us if you have 2 rights can swap with someone have 2 left

as long as may be possible disassemble the feet

A helpful user over on TFW2005 disassembled the the foot and sort of fixed the foot by sanding the incorrect part to get it to line up. Its not easy to disassemble the foot but it can be done. Swapping is a possibility ^_^ 

Here is the link to the post:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-macross-thread.101574/page-2883#post-17233926 

Edited by anubis20

45 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm guessing that we're going to be getting all sorts of updates. This is probably going to turn into some drama.:p

I feel bad for Arcadia. From a business standpoint this is a nightmare disaster. If they don't screw everyone it's going to cost them more money than they made on the production run to make this right. That is unless they can devise a fix that we can do at the consumer level. And that will still sting a LOT.

On other releases (VF-0D and A), peoples' legs were falling off the toy, sometimes right out of the box.  Arcadia did nothing.

This seems a bit more widespread, but I wouldn't count on Arcadia directly doing anything, especially for international customers.  You'll probably be left dealing with your particular retailer, if you get any kind of support at all.

Considering the recent publicity regarding Japanese companies trying to stop Chinese buyers from buying up their stock even though most their stock is made in China, I wonder if there is some behind the scenes payback going on. 

It makes business and strategic sense. If someone is going to come to your country to exploit your workforce and then discriminate against your buyers, why wouldn’t you do anything you could to take advantage of the situation on your end? By lowering the perceived quality of Japanese products (made in China), the same factories or related can make KOs that become comparatively better values. Just a thought to discuss or not.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Sadder than that: what about if Mr.K, as Arcadia's Project Developer, feels extremely ashamed about this fiasco and, in a very Japanese way, leaves his job, commits Sepuku or something of the sort? That'd mean the end of Macross related toys for Arcadia :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Reïvaj said:

Sadder than that: what about if Mr.K, as Arcadia's Project Developer, feels extremely ashamed about this fiasco and, in a very Japanese way, leaves his job, commits Sepuku or something of the sort? That'd mean the end of Macross related toys for Arcadia :ph34r:

I think there are lots of misunderstandings in your concern and it would probably be insulting to Mr. K. This isn't his personal failure, it's the failure of a contract manufacturer. Mr K. Is likely very irritated, probably sad, but not ashamed, hopefully just determined to get it right.