Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

12 hours ago, Metal Man said:

Has anyone else ever used 1999.co to purchase valks? They're my go to but I've never done a pre-order with them before.

I've managed a few, but you need Max level skills and speed to secure a DX preorder. Keep in mind they're a much smaller operation than Amiami or HLJ so they won't have nearly as many units. 

I have a discount code as well but it doesn't seem to work on their site and now I can't login for some reason. It's a bit frustrating. On the other hand, I've been on a really bad spending streak so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:54 PM, Tober said:

And the F**king GST. :angry:  As a result of the GST I now don't spend as much at local retailers. 

I'm still keeping my pre-orders, but I'm not happy about the inflation.

Just got the email this morning from Amiami, it ended up being $649aud shipped ems. I'm glad I just got some tax back, but yeh HN, Eff you for your hand in getting GST applied to stuff we cant get here and have to import. Jerks. 

Hopefully its worth it! 

6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I have a discount code as well but it doesn't seem to work on their site and now I can't login for some reason. It's a bit frustrating. On the other hand, I've been on a really bad spending streak so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Yeah my code didn’t work either.

Only $27 for slow shipping from NY. Again, I still get the same thing in the end and save enough money to more than cover for insuring my own shipments (even though I don’t need to) or use the extra money as I please (going towards more toys). 

As for the HLJ coupon, it seems they are having technical difficulties with their site but if you are trying to transfer your coupon that was given for that shipping promotion, it is not transferable. 

20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Only $27 for slow shipping from NY. Again, I still get the same thing in the end and save enough money to more than cover for insuring my own shipments (even though I don’t need to) or use the extra money as I please (going towards more toys). 

As for the HLJ coupon, it seems they are having technical difficulties with their site but if you are trying to transfer your coupon that was given for that shipping promotion, it is not transferable. 

He would probably buy the item and ship to your house after you paid the cost to him.

1 minute ago, jenius said:

He would probably buy the item and ship to your house after you paid the cost to him.

Cool! I had one but couldn’t find anything I wanted and was about to just buy something little and cheap, not even worth using the discount on but it didn’t work. I sent a ticket to HLJ and suspect it has to do with their current issues. I’ll report back on their response. Given the expiration date, I expect they will give a new coupon to those who haven’t used it yet. 

2 minutes ago, scand said:

Is HLJ still having issues processing shipping orders in Private wharehouse? This will be my first Ivanov... Looking forward to it.

What issues are you referring to? HLJ was down for scheduled maintenance the day the SV-51 was released, but you were able to request shipping as soon as the site came back up. 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I haven't seen anything from NY come my way.

NY takes their sweet time if you haven't notice it and their storefront is located in the Ehime prefecture.

Plus their not around the major distribution hubs so it takes longer time to get to shipped out. 

CSToys (A Tokusatsu toy store) is also located in the Ehime prefecture, so I don't know for sure how their shipping services work.  

Alright... New post one hour later.

From MacrossCentral FB Page, pics of the Arcadia SV-51. Note that there is a slew of pics posted.

For more -https://www.facebook.com/MacrossFanCentral/?pageid=334036913346357&ftentidentifier=2448834341866593&padding=0  

Here are some for now. Last one is with Grace's DX VF-27b

69310012_2447602198656474_3726466879032655872_n.jpg

69848804_2447602278656466_8747119391327387648_n.jpg

70335149_2448829728533721_2536848070042189824_n.jpg

69452926_2448834325199928_7258938310167363584_n.jpg

Edited by borgified
Deleted some pics from original post

I've been known to be dense, lol, but I hear that this one is a brand new design and what not but when I look at it it seems to transform the same way the yam one did.

What am I missing?

I mean if we are talking about stronger hinges and stuff I get that but to me (again, dense) it seems to transform the same.

Edited by jrhudson311

Well, it's a toy of the same vehicle and the transformation is laid out in the anime, so yes, looks and transforms the same. It's like the Arcadia VF-0 compared to the Yamato, the differences aren't in how it looks but how it handles.

Edited by jenius

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

Well, it's a toy of the same vehicle and the transformation is laid out in the anime, so yes, looks and transforms the same. It's like the Arcadia VF-0 compared to the Yamato, the differences aren't in how it looks but how it handles.

That makes more since to me as I was told in the past it's a whole "new" thing which I interpreted as being not just finished better but also reengineered 

Just now, jrhudson311 said:

That makes more since to me as I was told in the past it's a whole "new" thing which I interpreted as being not just finished better but also reengineered 

I think that statement is also true. You won't be able to swap parts from one to another, it's a whole new mold and there will be unique mechanisms used to make handling it a better experience.