Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

13 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I’m going to take a chance and wait until these are marked down. May not bite even then but curious to see what they will be selling for in a few months. 

When did Arcadia marked down their item after release? (Thinking about M&M releases. :rolleyes:)

Even with a markdown, this one's gonna be a hard pass.  The Aussie dollar is so bad right now that the JPY price at retail is over $500 in Aussie dollars.  Just can't do it.

I think I've been spoiled by good exchange rates in the past, when high priced items were being introduced.  I'm recalling the VF-4 being closer to $300 when I bought the Arcadia release. 

3 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Even with a markdown, this one's gonna be a hard pass.  The Aussie dollar is so bad right now that the JPY price at retail is over $500 in Aussie dollars.  Just can't do it.

I think I've been spoiled by good exchange rates in the past, when high priced items were being introduced.  I'm recalling the VF-4 being closer to $300 when I bought the Arcadia release. 

And the F**king GST. :angry:  As a result of the GST I now don't spend as much at local retailers. 

I'm still keeping my pre-orders, but I'm not happy about the inflation.

58 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I don’t disagree with you, but many people forget or don’t understand just how BIG the toy is. The 51 is a big bird. 

Chris

SV-51 battroid is 31.5cm, fighter 38cm

DX 1/48 VF-1J in battroid is 26.5cm

4 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

SV-51 battroid is 31.5cm, fighter 38cm

DX 1/48 VF-1J in battroid is 26.5cm

out of curiosity, what's the wing-span difference?

big bird indeed.

On 8/23/2019 at 12:59 AM, Ikaros3 said:

I was charged by CDJpaan last week.

Looks like NY has started asking for payment as well. Guess it won't be delayed after all. Well at least the RIOBOT Yellow from MOSPEADA got delayed to next month, so good enough for me.

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

Got my notice from AE that the item is in stock and ready to ship.

yeap same. I want this so badly, but considering waiting until DX VF-1A is out for that sweet combined shipping... no idea how much, or if any, money will be saved tho.

This is my first time pre-ordering something. I'm not clear on how this works. I ordered one through NY and paid in full. By the looks of the thread they're starting to ship from some retailers. What can I expect as far as when it will ship? I only ordered it a couple weeks ago. I'm guessing I'm at the end of the line? Will I get a "warning" with tracking?

Oddly their site still shows them as pre orders. Is this just because they haven't updated the site?

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28108-macross-zero-1-60-kanzen-henkei-sv-51-dd-ivanov-final-battle-ver.html

I think I'm missing a few things. Thanks!

NY operates on a "we'll get around to it" model of scheduling shipments. :p  It's frustrating, but they just have a well-established reputation of taking their time to get shipments out, and not really paying any attention to who ordered or paid for their items first.

On the positive side though, I don't think there have been any cases where they didn't eventually deliver.  What'll happen is you'll eventually (probably within a week or two) get a "shipping preparation in progress" email, which is probably just to let you know that they've purchased the shipping label based on item weight.  After another vaguely defined period of time, you'll get a shipping confirmation, and after that it's up to your chosen shipping method.

Bottom line is, they aren't timely, but they are reliable.  If you want or need something delivered quickly, they shouldn't be your first choice.  Sadly, in many cases with high-demand Bandai releases, they might be your only choice if you can't get an order somewhere else.

21 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Has anyone else ever used 1999.co to purchase valks? They're my go to but I've never done a pre-order with them before.

Haha, well that's the thing. The only time I've wanted to use them was for preorders but I have come to belive that securing a preorder with them for popular items is a myth. I sit on their product page refreshing every moment possible and it ALWAYS goes stright from Not Yet Available to Sold Out.

40 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, well that's the thing. The only time I've wanted to use them was for preorders but I have come to belive that securing a preorder with them for popular items is a myth. I sit on their product page refreshing every moment possible and it ALWAYS goes stright from Not Yet Available to Sold Out.

Same here!!! Ive only seen the add to cart button once and when I managed to click it stuff had sold out :fool:

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Same here!!! Ive only seen the add to cart button once and when I managed to click it stuff had sold out :fool:

I think pre-ordering from 1999 is the golden unicorn for this forum.  Otherwise, the site is rock solid, good prices, good customer service, ships quickly.  I used to get Gunpla from them without issue.

10 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Guess I'm the 1 in a million. Then again, I don't suppose the SV-51 is in huge demand.

You can pre-order with them, but only on things where pre-orders don't run out.

HMR and Arcadia releases are usually fine.

DX Chogokin and Metal Builds run out in seconds.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

NY operates on a "we'll get around to it" model of scheduling shipments. :p  It's frustrating, but they just have a well-established reputation of taking their time to get shipments out, and not really paying any attention to who ordered or paid for their items first.

On the positive side though, I don't think there have been any cases where they didn't eventually deliver.  What'll happen is you'll eventually (probably within a week or two) get a "shipping preparation in progress" email, which is probably just to let you know that they've purchased the shipping label based on item weight.  After another vaguely defined period of time, you'll get a shipping confirmation, and after that it's up to your chosen shipping method.

Bottom line is, they aren't timely, but they are reliable.  If you want or need something delivered quickly, they shouldn't be your first choice.  Sadly, in many cases with high-demand Bandai releases, they might be your only choice if you can't get an order somewhere else.

Thank you