Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

After spending the last 2 months  tracking down multiple copies of most every valk I have my eye on (and missed out on the retail release of, during my 14 yr Macross hiatus), I am looking forward to being around for the actual retail release of one. Setting aside last year's 1J dx release, I think the last valk I purchased when it first hit retail was Max's 1/48 DYRL 1A from Yammie.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tober said:

What are the differences between the Arcadia and Yamato release? Is it just the joint tolerances that have been improved, or is it a complete redesign?

It is brand new in all respects, like the vf-0 was different than the Yamato.

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

It is brand new in all respects, like the vf-0 was different than the Yamato.

Thanks jenius. :)

I have the three Yamato SV-51s. I'm not sure I can justify the Arcadia version... :unsure: 

It's really expensive, with the Sentinel Blowsperior and Taskara Masterpiece Convoy v3 releasing within a few days of each other. :(

8 hours ago, Tober said:

Thanks jenius. :)

I have the three Yamato SV-51s. I'm not sure I can justify the Arcadia version... :unsure: 

It's really expensive, with the Sentinel Blowsperior and Taskara Masterpiece Convoy v3 releasing within a few days of each other. :(

For what it's worth, I would qualify it being "a brand new mold in nearly the exact same shape as the old one."  Unlike things like the VF-1 and YF-19, the Macross Zero designs were always computer generated to specific proportions, so there's never been any question of how they're shaped.  

The differences we're going to see will be kind of like going between different generations of a model kit of the same aircraft.  More refined detail, a few more features or options, etc.  I think the joints will be a little sturdier and more flexible, and I think they added more moving parts, like the lift fan cover and canards.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

If it's at all like the VF-0, the difference will be obvious in hand.

I've said this about the zero plenty of times.  From a distance in a photo at a trade show they look the same.  Up close in person they're clearly entirely different.

Dang it, I just love the SV-51 so much I went ahead and ordered one since the pre-orders reopened and have long since sold my Yammie custom. Excited to get this!

Chris

On 8/15/2019 at 4:08 PM, Chronocidal said:

The differences we're going to see will be kind of like going between different generations of a model kit of the same aircraft.  More refined detail, a few more features or options, etc.  I think the joints will be a little sturdier and more flexible, and I think they added more moving parts, like the lift fan cover and canards.

Stiffer joints in the wings or ratcheting type would be the big improvement.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:15 PM, jenius said:

If it's at all like the VF-0, the difference will be obvious in hand.

Indeed

Actually, I think the biggest thing for me about this new version is that I'm suddenly feeling much less worried about keeping my original Ivanov in brand-new condition, and seriously considering customizing it.

I need to go hunt down all those splinter scheme pics. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Actually, I think the biggest thing for me about this new version is that I'm suddenly feeling much less worried about keeping my original Ivanov in brand-new condition, and seriously considering customizing it.

I still think About that Dobber scheme 51. 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

20 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I still think About that Dobber scheme 51. 

And posted here by dobber himself on the customs thread. ;)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/gallery/album/296-sv-51-splinter-camo/

33 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Damn, if I’m not tempted to do it again too! These things are just so expensive though! :fool: lol!

Chris

They're no longer available at Nippon-Yasan. Probably just saved me from myself.:p

I still don't understand why teh fugazi Amz-JP direct won't sell this particular Arcadia item to a US-address. Still.

Every other Arcadia item they offered are not embargoed like this SV-51 Ivanov.

The amz-jp reps I talked to about it don't know and don't have a clue about the decision, either.

Would've quickly cancelled my MP-44 order in favor of this item if only it ain't bizarro embargoed from Amz-jp.

:aggressive::sad:

21 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I’m going to take a chance and wait until these are marked down. May not bite even then but curious to see what they will be selling for in a few months. 

Same plan here.  A 15-20% mark down might be enough for me to bite.  I'm not a big enough fan of the SV-51 to buy at the current price.