Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Just a slight rant about the Premium Finish plain black boxes.. Because there is no image or actual description on the box of what type of item it is, it has higher risks of customs detention where I am, which means a visit to them to explain. Or, the customs will just sloppily tear open the flaps to confirm what item is inside before letting it through.

I would rather Arcadia just use the normal non-PF boxes, with a sticker to identity it as PF..

This happen to me to when they ship PF SDF1. 

• 4 weeks later...

CDJ: "This notification is sent to you to inform you in advance that the credit payment corresponding to your purchase below is about to be finalized.

When you placed this order, the issuer of your card granted us an authorization to allow us to process the credit payment for this purchase. However, as we notified you during checkout or via other means, credit card companies strictly prohibit processing of any payment more than 90 days after the store is granted this authorization. Now that this deadline is approaching, it is necessary to finalize the payment so that we are actually able to continue with your purchase.

The payment will be finalized in five days from today."

Seems like they are actually going to charge me. Might be an early charge since the figure is due in August. But who knows!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, borgified said:

It was also on the Yammie version as well.  I take it that you didn't get the Yammie release back then.  

I started collecting Macross in March 2018. in an attempt to limit my spending I have ruled out any Yamato lol.

1 hour ago, jrhudson311 said:

Man I was looking for this thread yesterday and could not find it!  I chalk it up to user error lol.

So just to review, am I to understand that Arcadia re-engineered the whole bird?

Yes, brand new toy.

7 hours ago, apptt4 said:

I started collecting Macross in March 2018. in an attempt to limit my spending I have ruled out any Yamato lol.

Don't blame you there. 

I actually starting my Macross collection in November of 2017 and emassed a wack of valks starting from Arcadia's  VF-1s DYRL Strike Roy and snowballed from there. 

I still have a large amount of Yammies  mostly in 1/48 scale and the DX is staring to take over the rest of the space. I have only four Arcadia(s) and maybe two more to come. 

Last off topic post- My personal favourite valk of all time is the YF-21/VF-22. The zentrandi design motifs combined with a YF-23 black widow body was just beautiful. While I know the chance is next to none, I hope bandai releases a DX VF-22 because of it's brief use in delta, like they did for the 19 in the frontier movie.

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Looks like the old Yamato style stand is included too! B))

They're probably just using their simple display stands. It's not listed in the product page accessories list like the 1st VF-1S releases. Would be great if it was included though.

Edited by wmkjr

7 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I can't really explain why but I'm kind of disappointed in how this guy turned out.

I think the visuals aren't going to give you any actual sense of what's been improved, because the shape really isn't any different.

Will probably take having one in-hand to actually get any understanding of what's changed.

Edited by Chronocidal