Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I did!

Yes seems to be slightly blue toned, the part behind the emblem seems to be a different type of plastic even..shinier? Likely reflective, seems the plastic piece of the emblem is matt...

Maybe too early to say, the final retail version might turn out completely different! ;)

Of course, it's still too early to say. You guys already forgot Arcadia's VF-0D blue? :rolleyes:

Looking closely, I did spot other slight differences whilst comparing the panel lining. Ex, the old Yammies have 3 'recessed' dots under the cockpit (just right at the end tip of the cross logo). They are recessed on the Yammies whilst they look almost flat on the Arcadia. Other panel lines also appear less deep. Another thing that was spotted a while back, it appears the 2 front canards are on rotating hinges this time around. Not on a rotating peg like it was shown in one of the really early prototype pics (notice you can already spot some stress marks on the Arcadia version, sure, it's a model that most likely got handled a lot, I get but still....).  Other slight differences in parts here and there. Love it how with every rereleases/newer versions peeps on EvilBay think asking ¥30k for their 'old transformed many times Yammy'  is a sure thing. :D. It's a free world, go for it, but 'the taking people for morons' part always gets to me. Getting side tracked...

Yes, it is the same valk, but it has differences in the mold comparing it to the Yamato. Not only will the internal structure be different, but the surface details and porportions as well. The Arcadia VF-0 as others said is completely different from the Yamato VF-0. I would say that, maybe the tires and the cockpit seat are the same :D. Other than that, the proportions of the whole valk were updated.

Comparing my Yamato Ivanov to the pics of the Arcadia I can see variations on the proportions. It has many adjustements here and there. It will be a whole new mold. Expensive, yes!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Yes, it is the same valk, but it has differences in the mold comparing it to the Yamato. Not only will the internal structure be different, but the surface details and porportions as well. The Arcadia VF-0 as others said is completely different from the Yamato VF-0. I would say that, maybe the tires and the cockpit seat are the same :D. Other than that, the proportions of the whole valk were updated.

Comparing my Yamato Ivanov to the pics of the Arcadia I can see variations on the proportions. It has many adjustements here and there. It will be a whole new mold. Expensive, yes!!!

I don't own the original one.  Could you go into more detail about the variations in proportions you're seeing?

On 5/22/2019 at 4:34 AM, 505thAirborne said:

So far my only real disappointment with this new SV-51 is the lack of fixed-pose hands, Arcadia has continued that tradition with the VF-1's. With this being an all new mold you'd think they would have incorporated that feature, especially for the asking price. 

If I had to choose I would always go for decent pose-able hands only over not working hands that I need to switch out for      transformation (looking at you VF-31).

27 minutes ago, Scyla said:

If I had to choose I would always go for decent pose-able hands only over not working hands that I need to switch out for      transformation (looking at you VF-31).

If the hands on this new 51 are as good as the VF-31 then I'm all on board. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 11:45 PM, 505thAirborne said:

If the hands on this new 51 are as good as the VF-31 then I'm all on board. 

But... the hands on the VF-31 are terrible. :p   That fixed pointer finger makes them so incredibly awkward.  

Now, the fixed posed ones are fine, or if you use something like the DX YF-19 or later generation VF-25 releases, those are great.  The 31's hands are just weird because they had to work with that oddball gunpod handle design.

8 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I still haven’t preordered it yet but was the original listed price at NY for 33480 JPY or did it increase?

Yeah, that's the original price. They usually don't need to bump prices for Arcadia products until after release and depending on how well it is selling.

8 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I still haven’t preordered it yet but was the original listed price at NY for 33480 JPY or did it increase?

I don't think it has. That price is still close to what others have. And NY is still the cheapest one as of now compared to others.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, that's the original price. They usually don't need to bump prices for Arcadia products until after release and depending on how well it is selling.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't think it has. That price is still close to what others have. And NY is still the cheapest one as of now compared to others.

Thanks guys.  I have a coupon at NY that I want to maximize the discount for so the SV-51 might be one of the items.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:13 PM, Chronocidal said:

But... the hands on the VF-31 are terrible. :p   That fixed pointer finger makes them so incredibly awkward.  

Now, the fixed posed ones are fine, or if you use something like the DX YF-19 or later generation VF-25 releases, those are great.  The 31's hands are just weird because they had to work with that oddball gunpod handle design.

Take away that pointy finger part and those hands were great, they actually locked and gripped the bloody rifle. :D :lol:

(Now of course, fixed pose just hands just rule!) 

28 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

1:200 Arcadia "Micro Machine Perfect Transformation Premium Finish Line"! Coming soon! Only Y30000 per Valk! :rofl:  I'm ALL in for that line! :clapping:

Could you imagine the diorama possibilities with that size of line!?!??! 

Although "articulated fingers" might be challenging.

As much as I love the Google translate's real time camera tool, snapping a photo of the above and using the finger highlight option,  made way more sense!

The real-time one said this:
"be the size of the actual Kore.
on the miniature I."

And when I snapped the photo and highlighted it:
"Well, the actual size is this.
The top is miniature."

And now we know. ;)

Just a slight rant about the Premium Finish plain black boxes.. Because there is no image or actual description on the box of what type of item it is, it has higher risks of customs detention where I am, which means a visit to them to explain. Or, the customs will just sloppily tear open the flaps to confirm what item is inside before letting it through.

I would rather Arcadia just use the normal non-PF boxes, with a sticker to identity it as PF..