Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

6 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Arcadia should just put an end to the PF nonsense and make it standard to place all markings for this and every future release.

It’s time to step up Arcadia.

It is rather head scratching  why they do this. My guess is the non PF version are for those with time and skill to get theirs at a “better” price, while the PF’s are for those with more money than time (and skill)

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Not available at HLJ anymore. It doesn’t show as sold out....you just can’t order it, strange.

Chris

Their whole site is wonky right now.  No pricing amounts for products and error code when converting currency. 

Also, they're upgrading the servers on May 1st so it'll be down a few hours also.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

It is rather head scratching  why they do this. My guess is the non PF version are for those with time and skill to get theirs at a “better” price, while the PF’s are for those with more money than time (and skill)

The problem is that the higher cost is way out of proportion to other Macross merchandise.  Bandai gives everything at this level of product the PF marking treatment as a baseline.  The standard SV-51 is already twice as much as the DX VF-1.

Arcadia has basically resigned itself to selling higher cost items that Bandai just doesn't seem interested in making, and is reaching "garage kit" status for price points.  I feel like they're kind of stuck charging these prices in order to stay profitable, because they really can't compete with Bandai's production infrastructure.

Edited by Chronocidal

Arcadia has pretty much all but said they are basically doing this as a hobby for the love of it. Can’t ask for more than that. The prices reflect the market for them to be able to do this. I’m thankful they are still around and hope they keep it up. I do agree and hope they just make everything PF though. 

1 hour ago, Scream Man said:

This looks gorgeous. But yeah I cant justify the price sadly. :(

Unless you have valks that you're willing to trade or sell to fund for the Arcadia 51 (or go Mary Kondo and minimize everything that you have). :wacko: 

9 hours ago, Dobber said:

Not available at HLJ anymore. It doesn’t show as sold out....you just can’t order it, strange.

Chris

Hey Dobber. Not sure what’s going on with their site but I did manage on placing this preorder 5mins ago. I have to go HLJ route here since it’s an expensive purchase. And I really need their support in case I will get it defective. 

Anyways, here’s hoping that you will able to place an HLJ order without a problem. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Unless you have valks that you're willing to trade or sell to fund for the Arcadia 51 (or go Mary Kondo and minimize everything that you have). :wacko: 

Ive done a lot of that recently. Im down to just the stuff I want to keep unfortunately :) 

As much as I'm tempted, my 3 Yamato versions will have to do. Cannot justify shelling that much (times 3 for each upcoming versions). 90% of my VFs are displayed in Fighter mode. All my Zeros have been on shelves in Fighter mode forever. Last time I handled one was to change a display, whooshed it around for 2 minutes and it went back in. As much as I want to support Arcadia, I'm finding it hard to justify getting something that from a display standpoint looks pretty much the same (sure the colour is different....pray that it's not painted like the VF-0D :lol:). Lastly, I don't find much pleasure transforming those pieces any longer (my age maybe?, who knows...) shelling out 100k for all 3, is too much. Last but not least, every time I get a re-release, I never seem to enjoy it as much as if it were a completely new VF. Feels like I've been there done that. Aesthetically, the differences (from what we've seen so far) are nothing to write home about, and still seems 'gappy'. Maybe ¥25k for the standard version I would've gone for it (prob just the Cannon fodder as it's my favourite of all 3). ¥35k should've been premium, not standard. Even better if Arcadia, would start releasing stuff in kit/unbuilt form with a substantial price drop, I'd get all their releases! Truly they are missing out on some good business opportunities . Rambling aside, as it stands, it's a skip. My Yammies will do just fine for my displays. Not discrediting anyone, it's just my 2 cents, nothing else.

How is it that 3rd party companies can completely tampo their stuff, but Arcadia still can not? It’s like they are the last company that still uses stickers and then charges a “premium” to do what should’ve been done in the first place! Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous, and supporting it only encourages it more.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Dobber. Not sure what’s going on with their site but I did manage on placing this preorder 5mins ago. I have to go HLJ route here since it’s an expensive purchase. And I really need their support in case I will get it defective. 

Anyways, here’s hoping that you will able to place an HLJ order without a problem. ;) 

I appreciate the heads up, but I think I’m gonna pass on this one unfortunately. I gotta be responsible, this is just way to much. Maybe if it goes on a heavy discount, but Arcadia is out of their minds with these prices now.

Chris

It seems like between Bandai's preorder madness and subsequent scalper prices, and Arcadia's retail prices that are higher than scalper prices, we can't catch a break.

I don't know if I'd call what Arcadia is doing "competition" to Bandai at this point.  Seems more like... collusion.

I'm not sure why some are surprise by the price of this item.  Going by how much msrp has been for Arcadia's VF-ZERO products you should already expect the price to be at around the 35000-40000 msrp mark.:huh:.  It's not like they jack up the price on just this release or anything.

some of their previous vf-zero releases pricing. 

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=201

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=216

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=225

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=269

Looking at this and the recent VE-1 PF it does seem like they were able to tampo the whole valk now for around 3000 yen more instead of before around 7000 yen more.  So they were able to lower their tampoing cost somewhat.  

I will most likely just get 1.   And when there's a sale for them later on then i will get the extras. :ph34r:  

I agree with you, F360. TBH, I’m really not surprise at all regarding Arcadia’s pricing point since their VF-0 releases. And knowing that the SV-51 is bigger than the VF-0, I’m just glad that the MSRP is not Y40000+.

So much bad math here.

The price increase for the PF vs regular versions has always been around 4000. It's only because previous releases have been web-only and had no retailer discount, included Japanese tax, and whatever mark-up each individual retailer adds on that has made the PF cost more than 4k over the regular versions. Well, not for me since I've managed to weasel discount coupons for most of them. :p

You could avoid most of those charges if you lived in Japan and could order yourself from Arcadia. But you'll stay pay 8% tax.

Since the VE-1 is a general retail release, we're getting retailer discounts, no tax being charged, and no additional mark-ups since it's not web exclusive.

7 hours ago, F360 said:

I'm not sure why some are surprise by the price of this item.  Going by how much msrp has been for Arcadia's VF-ZERO products you should already expect the price to be at around the 35000-40000 msrp mark.:huh:.  It's not like they jack up the price on just this release or anything.

some of their previous vf-zero releases pricing. 

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=201

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=216

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=225

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=269

Looking at this and the recent VE-1 PF it does seem like they were able to tampo the whole valk now for around 3000 yen more instead of before around 7000 yen more.  So they were able to lower their tampoing cost somewhat.  

I will most likely just get 1.   And when there's a sale for them later on then i will get the extras. :ph34r:  

In fact 36k++ yen is cheap, if this turns out to be the only 1/60 scale sv-51 ivanov ever made. (which is new and improved that is) :lol:

ahem. :ph34r:

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

One of the Amazon Japan sellers is now shipping to the US:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07R67C6F9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2VAMQNATA2ZIX&psc=1

Price (without tax) is: ¥36,278

Shipping & Handling:¥2,888 (To US)

Total:¥ 39,166

Anyone knows how the return and replacement policies with Amazon Japan if you're outside Japan? I'm assuming it's the same as US?

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Anyone knows how the return and replacement policies with Amazon Japan if you're outside Japan? I'm assuming it's the same as US?

No idea, haven't had to return anything yet, and only ordered from Amazon, rather than 3rd party seller.

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It used to be a much easier process, but now it's more of a headache. Filling out there forms and finding a DHL hub to drop it off at is annoying. Furthermore, you will have to pay a large sum of money to ship the item back and while AJ does refund you the shipping cost....in theory it's a hassle compared to Amazon US. 

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

When counting the 3% points and bonus points, comes out just a smidge cheaper than NY shipped to the US. So probably going with CDJ for this one, unless Amazon Japan starts allowing shipping to the US on it.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

When counting the 3% points and bonus points, comes out just a smidge cheaper than NY shipped to the US. So probably going with CDJ for this one, unless Amazon Japan starts allowing shipping to the US on it.

i had 4000 points and 600 points were going to expire 5/1, so i put it an order for a decent discount.