Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

With the exception of the floppy wings the fighter mode probably there was not much to change 

I hope the biggest improvements apply to the Battroid mode and finally gives stability with a better lock system

According to me these are the differences that I found in fighter mode with regard the Yamato

diferencias.jpg

I don't own the old Yamato SV-51. Never got into Zero back in the day.  However, I think we can all agree that Arcadia's VF-0S is an absolutely rock solid toy and in light of recent Bandai shannigans, I'm really tempted to give my money to Arcadia this time around as one of my high end toy purchases for the year. I want to believe Arcadia will do a n outstanding job on this one. And guess what???...I won't have an issue getting one when pre-orders open or even after it releases more than likely...<_<

24 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I don't own the old Yamato SV-51. Never got into Zero back in the day.  However, I think we can all agree that Arcadia's VF-0S is an absolutely rock solid toy and in light of recent Bandai shannigans, I'm really tempted to give my money to Arcadia this time around as one of my high end toy purchases for the year. I want to believe Arcadia will do a n outstanding job on this one. And guess what???...I won't have an issue getting one when pre-orders open or even after it releases more than likely...<_<

Yeah, the VF-0S is an absolute gem among all the valk toys we have. But it is worth pointing out that the 0D and 0A that came before it had some major issues that had to be ironed out for the 0S to be as good as it is. 

44 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I won't have an issue getting one when pre-orders open or even after it releases more than likely...<_<

That is the fun of collecting. Hassle-free. ^_^

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, the VF-0S is an absolute gem among all the valk toys we have. But it is worth pointing out that the 0D and 0A that came before it had some major issues that had to be ironed out for the 0S to be as good as it is. 

I have to agree. Would that mean Nora's would be better than Ivanov's release? Hmmm. I only wanted to have Ivanov's. Here's wishing that there will be no hiccups on that one. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That is the fun of collecting. Hassle-free. ^_^

I have to agree. Would that mean Nora's would be better than Ivanov's release? Hmmm. I only wanted to have Ivanov's. Here's wishing that there will be no hiccups on that one. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm just hoping that they get it right from the get go this time. With the VF-0 experience and all the time they are taking on this one, I would certainly hope they catch any issues before going into final retail production.

Do the wings look longer than on the Yamato?

As for Gerwalk, I gotta call BS. Ain’t no way one little joint is going to support the wing and all that ordnance in that position - unless you use a transparent bracket. 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, Bolt said:

Lol. I’m glad my Yamato VF-0S is solid..

I have always been asking my self what is the better version of the VF 0S, the Yamato one look way sturdier than the Arcadia one imo.

Also the Yamato version color looks way more original and has more markings than the complete white color of the Arcadia one, sorry for being off topic. :ph34r:

Edited by Alex GS

The Arcadia one feels way sturdier in hand. As for the SV-51, one thing I can see is they reinforced the joint between the outer and inner wings. As to how strong it is remains to be seen.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

"Solid" is not a word I associate with the Yamato 0S. "Floppy" and "explode-y" are more appropriate. 

And "droopy" since the front portion of the fuselage is not aligned properly.

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Must resist new updates from this thread. Everytime I check I want to see new pictures :D 

Don't ask for new pictures, Ignacio. Because in case you didn't notice everytime we see new ones, we always try to find mistakes. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

My only question. Whens the PO?

They're still in prototype stage so I'm guessing in the next couple of months just in time for a winter release.:pardon: I'm wishing that this will get pushed towards the end of the year so we can have a 'spending break' after Sentinel's Mospeada releases. Don't you agree? ^_^

It’s from a preorder scan. I preordered one today for HKD2392. Was on the fence but seeing how there should be new parts and it was also the very first Macross Valk I ever purchased and being the first I purchased when I moved to HK, I guess nostalgia won hehe

Edited by Shukenzero

29 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

It’s from a preorder scan. I preordered one today for HKD2392. Was on the fence but seeing how there should be new parts and it was also the very first Macross Valk I ever purchased and being the first I purchased when I moved to HK, I guess nostalgia won hehe

It's already available for preorder?

BTW where would you go in HK for Macross Preorders?  Thanks.

Most stores do the Tamashii exclusives and Arcadia releases. As far as I know, almost all of them don’t do preorders for the more popular Valks. Check out Sino Centre or the usual toy hubs for preorder openings. Only once I was able to preorder the VF-31S via this method. All others are wait for release day stock.

40 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Holy sh!t lol 

I seriously may have to pass this one. These prices are getting to be a bit much. 

20 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Yep. That's stupid expensive.

Well.. That's the price of two Arcadia vf-1 valks right there (maybe the PE version at the discount in which some stores are offering).

Waiting for the reviews before I decide to bite on the eventual Nora.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

¥39,744...  where are the wallet destroying gifs? :lol:

3SUsp59.gif

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Holy sh!t lol 

I seriously may have to pass this one. These prices are getting to be a bit much. 

Yeah... I was expecting over 30k yen.  I wasn't expecting basically 40k.  I might wait and see if this goes on discount or something.

7 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

3SUsp59.gif

Yeah... I was expecting over 30k yen.  I wasn't expecting basically 40k.  I might wait and see if this goes on discount or something.

Yep.. plus shipping, ouch!

I’m just fine with my Yammy:hi: 

Edited by Bolt

T

25 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

3SUsp59.gif

:lol:  now imagine what the SV-51 PF version will cost? :shok:

Edited by Saburo