Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Me too. And there's a guarantee that this bird will be easy to preorder. No sleepless nights needed. And cartjack-free. ^_^\

Cross your Tailfeathers and pray real hard that it's true! :D

Nora's Ride is [in my opinion] one of the most striking schemes on a fighter IRL or in Sci-Fi... a "V2" that isn't insta-floppy will likely be highly popular

Edited by slide

5 minutes ago, Dobber said:

B9B49261-EE2E-4E1F-B381-65D49D5511D4.jpeg.7be09d7b2a9f4ccd3518183a147dbf35.jpeg

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, slide said:

Cross your Tailfeathers and pray real hard that it's true! :D

Nora's Ride is [in my opinion] one of the most striking schemes on a fighter IRL or in Sci-Fi... a "V2" that isn't insta-floppy will likely be highly popular

It is true. Guaranteed. ;) 

Hands down, Arcadia is easy to preorder. But hard to acquire months after it gets release.

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

:rolleyes:

It is true. Guaranteed. ;) 

Hands down, Arcadia is easy to preorder. But hard to acquire months after it gets release.

Why the eye roll? I was agreeing with you.

Chris

19 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Why the eye roll? I was agreeing with you.

Chris

Oh. TBH, I'm not doing eye roll here. It's a shy kind of face that I'm trying to imitate. It's just that our emoji is kind of limited so I just use the nearest one I could think of.

image.png.9ed3387e103fbbbf848d556208de9402.png

Sorry about that, Dobber. :sorry: 

Looking back a few pages on this thread, the Arcadia version looks just like the Yamato version ( I had the Cannon Fodder version).  Hope the wings dont flop and the vertical stabilizers dont droop like they did on the Yamato

Twich

13 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Seems about right. Those front white bits look like 3D printed parts, maybe they were testing some tweaks?

The wing white bits are painted metal, good to know that'll be a strong hinge.

Those white pieces were metal on the Yamato version too....it didnt help....hopefully Arcadia learned from the Yamato and are making some adjustments to make it more tight/lock together better.  Otherwise it was a unique and awesome toy.

Twich

6 hours ago, twich said:

Those white pieces were metal on the Yamato version too....it didnt help....hopefully Arcadia learned from the Yamato and are making some adjustments to make it more tight/lock together better.  Otherwise it was a unique and awesome toy.

Twich

Yeah, I think that's the million dollar question: how have they improved the wing strength.

I know about the size of the SV still see a pilot disproportionate 

also in this other pictures It can be seen an acrylic part helping to maintain the wing (I hope because is the test but looking exactly the same problem that the old yamato when you use all missiles)

D3smusVU0AE-TOJ.jpg

D3smusWV4AAJ8vt.jpg

D3smusUU4AAfnM6.jpg

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

No problemo! For that price this better thing be solid in every way possible. 

It's been 10 years since the old one have they done any modifications to the mold or diecast . Anything?  Because its looking exactly the same

38 minutes ago, moose said:

It's been 10 years since the old one have they done any modifications to the mold or diecast . Anything?  Because its looking exactly the same

It might look exactly the same. But who knows, maybe they reworked the tolerances, the joints, the works. At this point, we're still in the wait and see stage. So let's wait until we see any text content along with new photos from them. All the photos came from people who were in the said exhibit.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It might look exactly the same. But who knows, maybe they reworked the tolerances, the joints, the works. At this point, we're still in the wait and see stage. So let's wait until we see any text content along with new photos from them. All the photos came from people who were in the said exhibit.

From a distance the VF-0 also looked “the same” as the Yamato version but they were not.  Every proportion was tweaked and adjusted.  it’s just these Valks were designed off of 3D models so their first try was closer to being perfect than any of the hand drawn only Valks with more wildly varying dimensions.

The difference is the VTOL fan cover opens in fighter mode, it looks like. It didn’t do that on the original Yamato. To me, the different color plastics on the new pics indicate the different new parts? Someone said it was an entirely new mold, so who knows. Just watch out for the dagger on top of the head, don’t know how many times I drew blood on it.

Twich

1 hour ago, twich said:

The difference is the VTOL fan cover opens in fighter mode, it looks like. It didn’t do that on the original Yamato. To me, the different color plastics on the new pics indicate the different new parts? Someone said it was an entirely new mold, so who knows. Just watch out for the dagger on top of the head, don’t know how many times I drew blood on it.

Twich

The difference is the whole damn thing.  It's a new mold.

Like the Yamato VF-0 to the Arcadia VF-0, as similar as they look, the moment you pick them up the difference is clear. One has a leg that breaks off from sh*tty plastic and the other has a leg that falls off from poor manufacture. 

I kid... I mean, the Arcadia handles WAY better than the Yamato, feels much more solid.