Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

Not really seeing any improvements....sculpt-wise....over the old Yamato. Though the sculpt was pretty spot on on the Yammie. I’m guessing any improvements will be internal and joint strength?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Just came back from Wonderfest. Sharing pics.

SV-51 looks amazing in person.

Really liking the semi-gloss(?)-ish grey coat on the 51 from your close up pics.. 

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Not really seeing any improvements....sculpt-wise....over the old Yamato. Though the sculpt was pretty spot on on the Yammie. I’m guessing any improvements will be internal and joint strength?

Chris

am wondering that too, it doesnt look like anything significant has changed, except perhaps dark colored intake blades...will await arcadia's promotional blogs which normally shed light on their valks leading up to release... 

Man it really doesn't look a whole lot different from the yamato version. A few extra markings wouldn't hurt it. It looks too underwhelming for my liking. That sucks because I have been looking forward to this one for awhile. I will have to wait and see what the pf version looks like. Hope those wings will hold up ok too. 

Mm, I really like the clean look—more than I thought I would—but I think I’m going to wait for the reviews on this one befoe making a go/no go on placing an order. It would also be cool if Arcadia, at some point, posts a blog update summarizing the work they’ve done on this iteration of the SV-51.

1 hour ago, Killaforevah said:

Thank you for pointing it out! And for 350 bucks, I will gladly pass

You are welcome. I need solid proof that they were able to fix that if they want my money. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to buy this release and i will gladly stick to my Yamato. 

Looking at these pics of the Arcadia SV-51 goes to show just how well designed the Yamato version was, I see very few if any changes in design. 

While I don't like assumptions, I'm going to "assume" the plastic they're using is better, double joints everywhere, better tabs and like the VF-0's there's metal in those legs & arms/shoulders. 

Price is a bit high however if this one has some serious "Swoosh-ability" going on without everything going uber floppy then I'll save up for this one. B))

9 hours ago, Dobber said:

Chris

There's nothing to improve over the original sculpt anyway.  It's not like these were hand-drawn, they had the original CG models to work from in the first place.

The plastic wing supports are not making me think this will be worth the asking price.  I think the only thing that would convince me to buy one of these now is if they pulled your splinter scheme out of their hat.  I don't need more of the ones I already have, and still display fine.. :unsure:

Can't really put my finger on it. I suppose it will be a quality toy, but momentarily I could not convince myself to spend that money on it and I never even had the Yamato version.

This in contrast to having no problems spending the cash and pre-ordering MP Optimus ver. 3.0.

35 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

There's nothing to improve over the original sculpt anyway.  It's not like these were hand-drawn, they had the original CG models to work from in the first place.

The plastic wing supports are not making me think this will be worth the asking price.  I think the only thing that would convince me to buy one of these now is if they pulled your splinter scheme out of their hat.  I don't need more of the ones I already have, and still display fine.. :unsure:

Heh heh, yeah that would be something :spiteful:

Sculpt-wise the only thing I can think that could be improved upon from the Yamato is the the ventral stabilizers. They didn’t fold down enough on the Yamato version. I doubt this will fix that error but we will see.

Chris

I'm not sure if this is a prototype on display or if anyone has posted a comparison between the Yamato version and this one, but to my eye, I'm not seeing any obvious differences in the areas I'd expect it most - Panel lines.  The Yamato release, for all it's massiveness and intimidating looks, had very overscale panel lines.  This one looks the same to me.

Unless we can get a decent comparison up, I'm only relying on my likely biased memory.

I'll see if I can dig something up today...