Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Thank goodness. Why more stands don’t do this confuses me. Especially Bandai with their parts heavy partsforming HMRs. 

Having stands that store the HMR parts would totally solve my main issue with HMR. I have a few on my desk. Everytime i look at them I want to transform them. Then I remember i have to fish the parts out of the box. So i just don't bother.

10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Having stands that store the HMR parts would totally solve my main issue with HMR. I have a few on my desk. Everytime i look at them I want to transform them. Then I remember i have to fish the parts out of the box. So i just don't bother.

Exactly! They are fun toys but I don’t want to store the parts needed to do anything anywhere but in the original box. If there were specific stands made for them with storage built in, it would increase playability factor significantly. Hopefully they do that with the similar arm stand they have teased. Any company that makes toys that NEED additional parts to just play with the toy should include a parts holding stand. I’m looking at you Bandai and SOC! I know they sometimes do come with stands that hold stuff but they usually don’t hold nearly enough as the toy comes with and that you would need. 

11 hours ago, brouken said:

Looks like they modified the base of the Launch arms. I'm guessing they made it into a container for the valk's accessories. 

Too bad the Super/Strike Parts and GBP can't fit in those containers. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

Looks great. What’s not so great will be the price. Won’t be a cheap valk.

Probably true. I'm thinking this will cost us around Y36000-Y40000. This is based on their VF-0S price. So for me, this is more like a one-off kind of thing. Couldn't afford to have two so I'm leaning towards Ivanov only. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Exactly! They are fun toys but I don’t want to store the parts needed to do anything anywhere but in the original box. If there were specific stands made for them with storage built in, it would increase playability factor significantly. Hopefully they do that with the similar arm stand they have teased. Any company that makes toys that NEED additional parts to just play with the toy should include a parts holding stand. I’m looking at you Bandai and SOC! I know they sometimes do come with stands that hold stuff but they usually don’t hold nearly enough as the toy comes with and that you would need. 

You guys can probably do something DIY. Buy some small plastic box container like medicine/pill box type from a dollar store and drill a hole on the cover to attach the stand. Problem solved. ;)

Multipurpose-Display-Transparent-Plastic-Storage-Box-for-Cosmetics-Jewelry-Collection-Parts-Element-Small-Case-Home-Organization.jpg_640x640.jpg.dd4ed116716207ab460b1e6845ab1898.jpg

In all honesty, I'm disappointed they aren't farther along than this.  At this stage, I think the only actual difference I see is that they changed the wing and knee joints a bit, and maybe helped close up the gap under the head in fighter.

Maybe I'll treat it like the VF-0 and grab one for completion, but I can't justify replacing my existing set.  It's not like the shape of the original was ever inaccurate, so these changes aren't going to make much difference when viewing one from a shelf. :huh: 

Sorry if this was already asked before, but since the SV-51 will come with the boosters, is there any inkling that Arcadia will release an updated Ghost Booster pack for their VF-0? The reactive armor is nice and all, but I would really like the option to dress up my VF-0 with the Ghost Booster pack. After all, its the pre-cursor to the Super Packs we all know and love. :D

No problem, glad they have addressed the wings. Mine bow a little with all the ordinance and boosters hooked up. It definitely looks impressive, and they got rid of that gap behind the head in fighter mode the yam version had. I know for certain my wallet is losing cash for this one. 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Thanks for the post trickycustomer

Interesting to note that, the SV is a new mold made from scratch...

Estimated release date is next year....not much of a surprise there..

No word on pricing as yet...

loving the chase view...

o2000150014240796454.thumb.jpg.a52016ac42716a4d02835d67799106e1.jpg

The chasing view is awesome! 

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

What’s the wingspan on the old Yamato one?  I’m not sure I’ll have room on my shelves for that sucker in Fighter Mode.

2 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

It's just over 12 inches Mommar. I was wondering if it will fit in a detolf too tbh lol 

_20180804_164827.JPG

I just did this quickly without the stand and the add-ons in a 45 degree angle. Another suggestion is to up it in pre-deployment mode as one of the episodes of Macross Zero when Ivanoff and Nora are in the hanger together.

DSC00940.jpg

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I just did this quickly without the stand and the add-ons in a 45 degree angle. Another suggestion is to up it in pre-deployment mode as one of the episodes of Macross Zero when Ivanoff and Nora are in the hanger together.

DSC00940.jpg

I did the launch position pose when I still had my custom. Definitely saves space ;)

77552317-8740-4F04-BE75-EABEDE0DCE81.jpeg.5f1caba31db76beaf16ec56477ddf544.jpeg

FD143B8A-4EAC-4D9E-88F0-1A2AD7F6E735.jpeg.3f4ab9a16974656a39c0f3eb11518978.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I did the launch position pose when I still had my custom. Definitely saves space ;)

77552317-8740-4F04-BE75-EABEDE0DCE81.jpeg.5f1caba31db76beaf16ec56477ddf544.jpeg

FD143B8A-4EAC-4D9E-88F0-1A2AD7F6E735.jpeg.3f4ab9a16974656a39c0f3eb11518978.jpeg

Looks mega! I love how versatile the 51 is for displaying. Standby look awesome too. Would love to of seen one return from deployment and go into standby mode in the series. They never showed that. A yeti stand with a VF-0S or another 51 would look good. 

Edited by TrickyCustomer

The 51 has 4 modes to display in actuality...the 51 stand-by mode would generate discussions by itself when displayed. I hope kawamori-san and future valks would have more of these. 

9 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Looks mega! I love how versatile the 51 is for displaying. Standby look awesome too. Would love to of seen one return from deployment and go into standby mode in the series. They never showed that. A yeti stand with a VF-0S or another 51 would look good.

Hmm i tot they did, you might be right...

btw, i thk arcadia should release an accompanying hanger set for the 51!

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

The 51 has 4 modes to display in actuality...the 51 stand-by mode would generate discussions by itself when displayed. I hope kawamori-san and future valks would have more of these. 

Hmm i tot they did, you might be right...

btw, i thk arcadia should release an accompanying hanger set for the 51!

Some kind of diarama would be cool. With the gantry platform going across by the cockpit area. Sounds more like a custom build really than something for general release. 

• 2 months later...