Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

Yeah, there was an interview with an Arcadia guy who said it was being worked on now, probably ready for release around this time next year. Look in the “Arcadia Offices” thread. 

9 hours ago, Sildani said:

Yeah, there was an interview with an Arcadia guy who said it was being worked on now, probably ready for release around this time next year. Look in the “Arcadia Offices” thread. 

hmmm.. if they release Ivanov this time next year then it'll be well into 2019 before we get the other two variants.. if not 2020 even..

4 hours ago, arbit said:

"We will never see another SV-51".

Lets see, he may still be right about that!

Arcadia can take its sweet time for now. B))

I would gladly pay good $$$ for a new SV-51 with the quality of Arcadia's VF-0S. 

I have the Yamato versions but they scare me to touch them. LOL

On 10/1/2017 at 9:37 AM, 505thAirborne said:

Arcadia can take its sweet time for now. B))

I would gladly pay good $$$ for a new SV-51 with the quality of Arcadia's VF-0S. 

^ Oh yeah! They can take their sweet time while my wallet's recuperating. ^_^

5 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Big floppy birds. They look great after you fiddle with them. Just don't touch them.

Well it did flop around in gerwalk in the M0 anime itself 

Here is to hoping they will release it in PF finish also

9 minutes ago, recon said:

Well it did flop around in gerwalk in the M0 anime itself 

Here is to hoping they will release it in PF finish also

No one couldn't afford this new mold release from Arcadia if they do it in PF format esp with their current pricing going on for new molds. 

But if it is in PF format, I'm assuming it will instantly cost us Y55000 for it. Remember SV-51 is bigger than VF-0 plus the famous PF treatment.

Wow. I just realized that the VF-0 cost us Y37584 at MSRP. Would you guys think that a regular non-PF SV-51 release will cost us around Y45000 or something?

I actually got my Yamatos to be pretty sturdy with some tweaking.  Tightened up the joints, cleaned them up a little, and they look really impressive on a shelf. :)

Also helps that I got two of them for like $80, because they sold terribly.  I'm really surprised Arcadia is making the effort to redo them.

Edited by Chronocidal

9 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Will see....We Just need to wait. 

Ok. I'm just assuming realistically based on their previous releases and the current VF-0 pricing point. SV-51 is much bigger than VF-0 plus its own Boosters and Missiles included.

11 minutes ago, Loop said:

I Wonder if Arcadia does include all the add on's this time. They could pull a fast one and sell them in a separate parts set just to piss us off. :lol:  

It's a scary thought but they're not Bandai. :lol:

On 10/4/2017 at 5:16 PM, Chronocidal said:

I actually got my Yamatos to be pretty sturdy with some tweaking.  Tightened up the joints, cleaned them up a little, and they look really impressive on a shelf. :)

How exactly did you manage that? I would love to be able to display mine, but it's so floppy...

Came down to a combination of coating a couple of the joints with super glue or nail polish, and a few tweaks involving some of the screwed joints.  I think to tighten one of the tail structures, I actually sandwiched a thin piece of plastic between the screw and the plastic on the inside of the arm.

On 10/4/2017 at 2:47 PM, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I'm just assuming realistically based on their previous releases and the current VF-0 pricing point. SV-51 is much bigger than VF-0 plus its own Boosters and Missiles included.

yeah, I see it having the same MSRP ,if not higher than the VF-0S too. :wacko:  But pre order discount should help somewhat.

On 10/4/2017 at 6:54 PM, Loop said:

I Wonder if Arcadia does include all the add on's this time. They could pull a fast one and sell them in a separate parts set just to piss us off. :lol:  

They might try to pull a fast one.  There's a high chance they will not give you the display stand.:angry:

• 1 month later...

Without the display stand , I'm sure that you can use the Flightpose or the Yeti Stand given the fact that the Yammie release had a huge wingspan (providing that you don't bump into it by accident and topple it over when displayed on a shelf).

I've seen pics of the wings in the pre-deployed position when displayed in a Detolf, and was wondering if it was displayed once with the full wingspan (not going to sift through the various pics of valks that are displayed in the collection thread)?  

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Without the display stand , I'm sure that you can use the Flightpose or the Yeti Stand given the fact that the Yammie release had a huge wingspan (providing that you don't bump into it by accident and topple it over when displayed on a shelf).

I've seen pics of the wings in the pre-deployed position when displayed in a Detolf, and was wondering if it was displayed once with the full wingspan (not going to sift through the various pics of valks that are displayed in the collection thread)?  

I displayed my custom that way. It saved a lot of space and I thought it looked cool too.

563FAD94-0CC5-442E-8E8A-50658859F0DA.jpeg.a4f6f42ed0511cd13f43d995fc2bdcaa.jpeg

I did display it with the wings deployed too and had no issues with it for years. Like someone else said. The fix that was suggested at the time was to just use a dab of super glue on the wing joins and immediately “work it in” by moving the joint so the glue won’t bond the parts together. It made nice stiff wings that could still collapse when wanted.

32076D2C-7D70-413D-A931-E556202BB42D.jpeg.6dcb1e9db975d501c9c9e6734ab993be.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@Dobber that is an awesome custom!

Thanks guys! If you’re interested here is the Album with more pictures of all three modes.

Edited by Dobber