Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

32 minutes ago, seti88 said:

haha i hear ya! But the SV51 is definitely a good candidate for a ruskie star...and maybe on these too..lol...ok gonna come down from my russian star high now..:D

Those are the ones that Blackaces brought to WonderFes. Looks good.

Got a Ivanov and Nora already but will get the renewal ones whenever they get out. Will probably repaint the old ones as with the Yamato VF-0s that I got.

54 minutes ago, enphily said:

YES YES YES! Thank you Arcadia from my wallet. Easy pass:wub:

I sort of want to agree, but this is why I'm curious what changes they'll make. 

I only bit on the VF-0D because it was never done before, and grabbed a VF-0S since my old one wouldn't fit the reactive armor.

The Sv-51 doesn't have those points in its favor, and while the VF-0s were redesigned to fit the armor, the 51 doesn't have that issue, so assuming they have the original CAD from the Yamato, there's very little reason to make any changes to the design proportions.  Even if they replace a ton of the internal mechanisms, it's really not going to look any different, because the shape and detail of the original was fine.

If they offer up some sort of new unique scheme, I'll likely be convinced to grab one, but given the massive size of these, and the upward trend of Arcadia's prices, I'm easily expecting these things to be far beyond what I want to pay for something I already have.

I am ambivalent about this. The old SV-51 clearly needs some improvements but what if i replace my old Ivanov and then Aracadia won't release Nora and CF? Will i get stuck with a new SV-51 and two old ones? That would not look good.

Second, i dislike most of the things Arcadia did with the Zero line. The only release i really liked was the 0S which was a really great piece(and that i bought for the RA). But I do have to confess that i consider myself  a very lucky guy since that i never had a single issue with the old Yamato models from the Zero series. So i guess i will stick with them for now

I welcome this announcement since I don't have any of the old ones from Yamato. I only wish that the SV-51 had different head turrets so I could have some variety between the Nora and Ivanov custom. Oh well I could buy one for Battroid- and one for Fighter-Mode. Makes enough sense to me. :p

I can't wait to  see Arcadia's improvements. I think it's safe to say the Nora will get a release, but I'm glad Ivanov is getting first dibs since I don't have his Valkyrie.

I also hope Arcadia's first SV-51 comes right out the gate with solid quality (like the VF-0S) and no QC hiccups.

17 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

These are probably a repaint of these F-14. http://www.diecastairplane.com/store/p/187631-F-14A-Tomcat-VF-1-114-Top-Gun-Movie-Maverick-Goose-1-72.html

Were the Macross versions a wonder fest limited edition?

yes, they were. license granted as such. 10 copies of each. I thought they might have been based on the Century Wings castings but they said no.

..and on topic, I will so buy an Ivannov. Happy i resisted the temptation to buy a Yamato one.

Very cool, heres hoping that the wing joints are ratcheted so it can hold the attack mode pose without sagging like the old Yamato releases. Other than that I had no big complaints with the old Yamato, not even sure I'll buy the reissue Ivanov yet. I'll probably get the Nora as I never picked that version up.

6 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I don't think so---I believe those Top Gun ones were the only use of that mold, and is an F-14A mold.  Those Macross ones are, um, erm----F-14D prototypes?   They don't match any standard type, from what I can see.   But definitely not A's at all. 

On 2/19/2017 at 6:38 AM, seti88 said:

I think ivanov's SV leans more towards dark grey, but yea not totally black. Its just a promotional poster, who knows with arcadia, what the final colors would be.

Going by how color accurate they have been with the Zero releases so far, Arcadia will probably go with dark pink/purple like in the screenshot in Zx31's post above. :p

Edited by MacrossJunkie

On 19/2/2017 at 9:01 AM, Ryoma said:

I am ambivalent about this. The old SV-51 clearly needs some improvements but what if i replace my old Ivanov and then Aracadia won't release Nora and CF? Will i get stuck with a new SV-51 and two old ones? That would not look good.

Second, i dislike most of the things Arcadia did with the Zero line. The only release i really liked was the 0S which was a really great piece(and that i bought for the RA). But I do have to confess that i consider myself  a very lucky guy since that i never had a single issue with the old Yamato models from the Zero series. So i guess i will stick with them for now

Why wouldnt look good?

Remember

f8523eb939dbe28e9fe4d0c67402533a.jpg.c0dc8cf70f4ecd285d8d96d154f5c90b.jpg

The main things I didn't like about the old Yamato version that I hope are or should be improved in the new release are:

• The large gap between the head and legs in fighter mode.
  • The many noticeable gaps between various pieces.
  • Panel lines are very large like the rest of Yamato's releases prior to the destroids and VF-1 v2. Although Arcadia went completely the other direction and made the panel lines very fine but also very shallow to the point that they are hard to see, much less panel line them. Bandai's is just about perfect, imo. They were fine, yet visible and deep enough to do panel lining easily.
  • The wings needed better support. The VF can't even be turned upside down without the wings flopping.
  • Ankle articulation was pretty much non-existent.
  • The included stickers were the thick multi-layered kind like those that were included with the 1/48 VF-1, YF-19 and 21 and all MZero releases that constantly had the edges peeling/curling.
  • The rear stabilizers only rotated around and stuck out at an angle from the arms in battroid mode when they should be flat against the arms.

Arcadia's last tweet about it, Bing translation:

WF yesterday!
Thank you very much for our customers came to our booth!
Our perfect new products and to manufacture a completely new mold 1/60 complete deformation SV-51 γ D. D. Ivanov boarding machine final battle specifications. Please look forward to! 

While I am sure it will be a good improvement over the Yamato I don't see me replacing my Ivonov. It works well enough for my collection. Can't wait for Nora's and the CF though as I never got those. Did the same mix and match of old (S and CF) and new (D and Shin) with the VF-0's and they look great together so no problem doing the same with the SV-51's.

12 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Homer - But I Want It Now!

Hahaha! Oh, I know how that feels. :lol: 

But we also need time to save. And knowing Arcadia scheduling... yeah, we have atleast a good year and a half. So that's one year of anticipating for new photos and updates and half of a year for complaining about the price. ;) 

15 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

While I am sure it will be a good improvement over the Yamato I don't see me replacing my Ivonov. It works well enough for my collection. Can't wait for Nora's and the CF though as I never got those. Did the same mix and match of old (S and CF) and new (D and Shin) with the VF-0's and they look great together so no problem doing the same with the SV-51's.