Looks like theybare going the Entity route, the change to how it takes her over is different but I guess it works to truncate the story.

Most of these stories are going to be impossible to tell though, Chris Claremont really flexed the medium and stretched stories out across decades in some cases.  Rogue disappeared before the X-Men fled to the Outback and didn’t show up again for something like fifty issues.  He played one hell of a long game.

1 hour ago, kalvasflam said:

Is it just me, or do I get the feeling that Mystique dies, JLaw is getting written out of the franchise?

I don't think anyone needs to be written out of this franchise. As far as I remember, this is the last movie before Disney takes over of this franchise, yes?

So writing someone out of the franchise is probably pointless.

Edited by no3Ljm
Adding last sentence.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or do I get the feeling that Mystique dies, JLaw is getting written out of the franchise?

Yes please I am tired of Mystique/JLaw and Magneto/Fassbender. I am even open to rebooting the whole thing in...10 years. That's how tired I am of the X-Men movies/franchise :lol:

On the other hand, I don't think the Fantastic Four has ever had a good movie. I'd like a new reboot please :D

Yes please I am tired of Mystique/JLaw and Magneto/Fassbender. I am even open to rebooting the whole thing in...10 years. That's how tired I am of the X-Men movies/franchise :lol:

On the other hand, I don't think the Fantastic Four has ever had a good movie. I'd like a new reboot please :D

I, for one, welcome our new Disney overlords future X-Men and FF Marvel movies.  Phases 4, 5, and 6.

Personally, I really like the X-men franchise.  Especially the better ones that are actually about something more than pumped up super dudes playing fisticuffs (namely #1, 2, FC, DoFP, etc.).

Of course, honourable mention goes to the 2nd Wolverine film: on top of a meditation on what it means to be effectively immortal, we also get some really goofy-fun action scenes (though I admit that the goofiness might be lost on those who don't live in Japan—I'm looking at you, SMG armed Yakuza guards! :p)

I, for one, welcome our new Disney overlords future X-Men and FF Marvel movies.  Phases 4, 5, and 6.

And Sideshow Bob and Disney appreciates your warm welcome, we also invite you to partake in our new Netflix clone where you can participate in 24 hour Disney all the time. 

All kidding aside, I'm actually curious what happens to MCU next. There has been no news at all, Disney was good enough to have given us the future with when it was early on in Phase 2, but now, all is quiet.  It's a bit unsettling.

Personally, I really like the X-men franchise.  Especially the better ones that are actually about something more than pumped up super dudes playing fisticuffs (namely #1, 2, FC, DoFP, etc.).

Those are exactly my favorite X-Men movies. Just Logan is missing from that list. 

I think X-2 is one of the best superhero movies. 

My favorites from the X-Men universe are still X-Men, X2, The Wolverine, Days of Future Past, Logan, First Class, Deadpool, and Deadpool 2.

I want the MCU X-Men to have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver be children of Magneto, Rogue to get powers from Carol Danvers, and Wolverine to have a costume.

I’ll always love Patrick Stewart’s Professor X, Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine, and Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is that Dave Lister from Red Dwarf?  I didn't know this was going to be a crossover film!

Seriously... who is that dude?

And most importantly... is Quicksilver going to be making an appearance in this film???

On 3/17/2019 at 4:11 PM, TangledThorns said:

LOGAN was just a really good movie on it's own. I had never teared up watching a superhero comic film till the end of LOGAN.

I sort of lost interest in X-Men and Wolverine years ago, but yeah, I liked this as a movie period, even if it was a Wolverine movie.

Edited by peter

30 minutes ago, zard said:

This looks disappointing. If they remove Wolverine then we need to see another character step up and kill her. Who is it going to be Scott?

If it is faithfully to source, yeah, sort of.

8 hours ago, zard said:

This looks disappointing. If they remove Wolverine then we need to see another character step up and kill her. Who is it going to be Scott?

Are you referring to the old film or the comics?  Because Jean kills herself in the comics.