I'll have it soon.  It's nice to know that there are at least some X-Men figures being made.  If this is the only stretch of a release that is connected to the movie then I'm fine with that.

I'm not sure it's really connected to the movie other than for convenience, and it's awfully early for that.  When it comes to the X-Men it's difficult because so many fans like so many different iterations of the characters.  A lot of people like the Jim Lee Cyke we already got but others were bummed they couldn't get the Claremont version.  Plus stores only want toys that have a connection to a film.  This was a way for them to put out the Claremont version of Cyke (and the much requested Dark Phoenix) and claim it's related to a movie project.

• 4 weeks later...

My only issue with it is the Amazing Yamaguchi stuff has a very specific animated look to it that doesn't really go with the rest of the ML stuff (except for that pic I posted of Spider-Gwen with Old Man Logan, but I don't feel like Old Man Logan looks like the rest of the ML line either, the face looks more cartoony.)  I'd be more likely to put this Magneto with the EXTREMELY Marvel Super Heroes looking Wolverine due out next month on my video game shelf along side Mario and Link and Mega Man.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Know what, I was wrong about those joints on Multipl Man.  That the same sleeves used fornthe Netflix Punisher and they actually work really well.  Still not double jointed but then do bend quite a way beyond 90 degrees.  Those sleeves should work for Multiple Man and the eventual Gambit figure.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This series lost me with the last film when Apocalypse took Eric a jewish man who had his parents killed by the nazis to Auschwitz concentration camp and proceeded to give him a speil about purging the planet of anyone deemed weak or undesirable, mutant or otherwise.

Seriously? Look I know his daughter was accidently killed when that stasi guy panicked, but still there's no way in hell a jewish man with the holocaust freah in his mind is going to be "Okay Mr Mutant Hitler, I'll help you with your super powered version of the final solution so your chosen superior race can rule the world!"

God that was so poorly handled.

Actually there's another thing that bothers me about his potrayal in that film, and how by the end the world regards him as some type of misunderstood hero who actually saved the world. This guy attempts to kill the president, drops RFK stadium into the middle of Pennsylvania avenue, and thanks to Apocalype's scheme has killed thousands if not millions in the cities he leveled, but the movie is like "Yay! Magneto is our saviour!" Never mind the fact he caused most of the destruction. If this were real life the U.N. would have passed a resolution to have him killed on sight for good of all humanity, not forgiven for his crimes and allowed to walk away a free man.

1 hour ago, Negotiator said:

what ever happened to new mutants?

MASSIVE reshoots.  Like, over half the film.  The remake of Stephen King's It turned out to be a big hit, so the studio decided to make New Mutants a straight-up horror film.

http://collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-new-mutants-release-date-delay-explained/#fox

4 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

This series lost me with the last film when Apocalypse took Eric a jewish man who had his parents killed by the nazis to Auschwitz concentration camp and proceeded to give him a speil about purging the planet of anyone deemed weak or undesirable, mutant or otherwise.

That’s what Magneto has said in the comics before.  He’s the embodiment of the solution going too far.

I'd personally prefer the X-Men stay separate.  X-Men stories were always at their weakest when the rest of the Marvel Universe got brought in.

Also, I'd rather X-Men movies not be Disney Marvel movies.  Marvel movies have a blandness to them that even at their low points (X-Men Apocalypse) the X-Men movies don't have.  The last few Marvel movies I've seen have felt like demo reels and prolonged trailers while the X-Men movies have been actual stories.

Not that I have any say in it.

I wish they could do super powers right. None of the mainline X-Men movies have ever been very creative with depicting super powers. Even the best of the lot, First Class, tended to stick to "Person A shows off their power, then Person B shows off theirs, then they fist-fight." For a franchise all about the team, there's very little teamwork in these movies where mutants use their powers to augment each other.