Jump to content

New Macross TV Series in 20xx (sometime this decade)


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, azrael said:

Or maybe a more simple reason. If he wants to do another TV series, he need to give them one more movie. 

That's believable for sure. They forced him to change his plans for Delta, I can see his hopes for newer ideas being held hostage too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Money's in all things band related.  Anime is there to promote the band.  When band becomes unpopular they'll create a new series and a new band for it.

Popularity's a 2-edged b*tch, aint it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

Money's in all things band related.  Anime is there to promote the band.  When band becomes unpopular they'll create a new series and a new band for it.

 

How I miss the old days when anime was to promote toys!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

How I miss the old days when anime was to promote toys!

Have you looked at Gundam recently?  They're on their third show that is literally JUST a gunpla commercial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, charles88 said:

I think Kawamori realize his mistake in 2nd half of Delta series and decieded to make better 2nd half story and finish up series story in first movie as first half of his new Delta story.

It's explicitly an all-original story... which means that ain't it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He essentially turn entire Delta story into first half of new Delta story as 90% of 2nd half of delta are skip-able He then make his entirely new 2nd half of story.

 

I do not think Lady M is new villain as she leader of Chaos. I think there huge reason she clone star singer, to combat greater threat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, charles88 said:

He essentially turn entire Delta story into first half of new Delta story as 90% of 2nd half of delta are skip-able He then make his entirely new 2nd half of story.

But he's said it's an all-new story, not the second half of a story... it'll be something entirely separate from the Macross Delta series.

 

Quote

I do not think Lady M is new villain as she leader of Chaos. I think there huge reason she clone star singer, to combat greater threat.

Delta already has a decent amount of info pointing to Xaos being a pretty shady outfit.

I mean, the star of their entertainment division is an illegal clone made from "stolen" genetic material that they've weaponized... making her a de facto child soldier.  The Ragna branch's staff includes a member of a fascist group that tried to overthrow the New UN Government, a wanted criminal, an illegal immigrant, and a stalker.  Lady M has been interfering with the New UN Forces' operations for years with disastrous effects, like delaying an evacuation of a city in close proximity to a planned thermonuclear detonation resulting in injuries, massive property damage, and a fair few deaths.  Under her leadership, Xaos did such a bad job defending the Brisingr cluster that they actually made it easier for Windermere to take over by improving the power of the ruins and throwing the control system to an ancient mind control device out on the front lines where it could be easily captured.  You'd almost think that Lady M was on Windermere's side, as often as her and Ernest's plans ultimately supported Windermere's goals.

Lady M IS the greater threat.  Every time she gets involved she makes things WORSE.  The whole mind-controlling-the-galaxy thing wouldn't have even been possible if Lady M had heeded the New UN Forces' long experience and left the ancient Protoculture's discarded tech well enough alone.  After the last three times, you'd think she'd have taken it as read that the ancient and massive Protoculture system was probably a doomsday device like all the others.

Edited by Seto Kaiba
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the movie 1, Xaos done good job of ending war without that interfering from that officer who LOVE to use WMD and Illegal WMD on his FIRST plan of action.

In fact entire movie shows that NUNS leave Ernest and his army of Xaos led fleet of NUNS and won the Windermere war. WITHOUT USING WMD!

Movie 1 also shows that NUNS the one who stole DNA of Star Singer, not Lady M. Also Lady M threaten NUNS to expose their illegal operation  to ensured peace talk act fairly, unlike Verselis treaty which bullying side that lose the war.

Also Roid , the mastermind behind war, dead and their best ace is dead. So that impossible for Windermere to continue the war. Also at the end of movie 1, Keith and rest of Aerial knight realize their mistake as they saw Walkure and Xaos are not so different, risking lives for future. 

Edited by charles88
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Kawamori brings in better screenwriting and directing talent. Singing and pretty art are not enough to drive an entire film.

So we're looking at a new tv series at the earliest in what...2020 now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2017 at 4:52 AM, Cowboy17 said:

 

Well, the thing is that for some of us (i know i'm not alone), Macross has been taking a dive ever since Zero. MacF was bad, and Delta was horrid. I know not everyone shares that opinion obviously, but there's some of us that feel that way.  

 

Personally, I don't really look forward to more Macross honestly.  I don't think Kawamori is all that competent at anything other than designing mecha.  More mecha and sometimes the music is good, but everything else lately I can do without.  

Indeed.

Idols, love triangles and human politics may good enough for some other generic anime, but Macross started out as so much more.

The next series needs a intriguing alien enemy or I won't give a damn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a “sequel to Delta” what are we working with here? A new adventure for Delta flight and Walkure? Elaborating on lady M and Xaos..?

A very long Walkure music video with Mecha scissoring?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marzan said:

I hope Kawamori brings in better screenwriting and directing talent. Singing and pretty art are not enough to drive an entire film.

So we're looking at a new tv series at the earliest in what...2020 now?

2022 seems far more likely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, charles88 said:

In the movie 1, Xaos done good job of ending war without that interfering from that officer who LOVE to use WMD and Illegal WMD on his FIRST plan of action.

In fact entire movie shows that NUNS leave Ernest and his army of Xaos led fleet of NUNS and won the Windermere war. WITHOUT USING WMD!

... and the trend continues.  Just once, can someone who wants to defend Delta actually pay attention to the story?

For starters, Major Valan wasn't the one planning or approving the use of thermonuclear reaction weapons and/or dimensional warheads.  That was the New UN Forces and New UN Government.

Second, dimensional warheads aren't illegal... just restricted.  The military needs government approval to transport and deploy them.  

Third, Xaos did not win or end the war.  They waltzed in arrogantly, got their asses handed to them, and barely scraped a draw at the end thanks to a deus ex machina.  In both the TV series and movie, Windermere IV's government takes its ball and goes home only because they can't weaponize the song of the wind anymore due to Heinz's deteriorating health, leaving them at a massive disadvantage vs. the numerically and tactically superior New UN Forces.  Xaos spends the entire series and first movie screwing up and practically handing victory to Windermere.

 

12 hours ago, charles88 said:

Movie 1 also shows that NUNS the one who stole DNA of Star Singer, not Lady M. Also Lady M threaten NUNS to expose their illegal operation  to ensured peace talk act fairly, unlike Verselis treaty which bullying side that lose the war.

Movie 1 clearly states that a NUNS intelligence operative (Wright Immelmann) stole the star singer DNA on Lady M's behalf.

Lady M's supposed threat is completely toothless because, as Windermere's own representatives called Walkure out on, she's got a lot to answer for herself like illegal cloning and stealing star singer DNA from Windermere.  (It also basically ignores the fact that the NUNG has no real need to negotiate, since Windermere's armed forces are basically declawed thanks to Heinz being out of action.)

 

 

8 hours ago, Marzan said:

I hope Kawamori brings in better screenwriting and directing talent. Singing and pretty art are not enough to drive an entire film.

We can only hope... I don't think I can take third trainwreck with the Macross name on it.

 

8 hours ago, Marzan said:

So we're looking at a new tv series at the earliest in what...2020 now?

Likely 2022, or the 40th anniversary.

 

 

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

Idols, love triangles and human politics may good enough for some other generic anime, but Macross started out as so much more.

The next series needs a intriguing alien enemy or I won't give a damn.

Your tastes are so specific and so esoteric that I suspect you not giving a damn is the only realistic outcome.

 

 

39 minutes ago, Bolt said:

As a “sequel to Delta” what are we working with here? A new adventure for Delta flight and Walkure? Elaborating on lady M and Xaos..?

A very long Walkure music video with Mecha scissoring?

That first one is what they're supposedly telling us... though, really, that last one is the most likely but not mutually exclusive with the others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roy Focker said:

2022? 40 years of Macross?  You know Kawamori might retire by then.

It does look like he's been grooming Tenjin Hidetaka to take over for him...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It does look like he's been grooming Tenjin Hidetaka to take over for him...

That wouldn't be too bad, would it?

Although maybe a new fresh of eyes/intellect is what's needed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Marzan said:

That wouldn't be too bad, would it?

Although maybe a new fresh of eyes/intellect is what's needed.

I don't think it's going to be that bad. :ph34r:

vf1j_30th_35th.jpg.a250c6799eccab898be6f1508128cd6f.jpg

A new fresh set of eyes is really what we need. :rolleyes:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marzan said:

That wouldn't be too bad, would it?

Although maybe a new fresh of eyes/intellect is what's needed.

Designer-wise? He's done detailed work but a full VF? Jury is still out on that one.

Writer-wise? Tenjin isn't a writer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:32 PM, Mommar said:

2022 seems far more likely.

my $$$ is on them waiting until hg officially loses the license in 2021 and then marketing Macross in other markets (perhaps being complete d*cks and NOT marketing it in the US but everywhere else in the western hemisphere) without interference?  Netflix, anyone?           

Edited by TehPW
I cans thinks! eeeerrrrhhh
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TehPW said:

my $$$ is on them waiting until hg officially loses the license in 2021 and then marketing Macross in other markets (perhaps being complete d*cks and NOT marketing it in the US but everywhere else in the western hemisphere) without interference?  Netflix, anyone?           

That would be awesome, honestly.  I wouldn't mind the wait if that were the case.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 9:15 AM, Podtastic said:

Idols, love triangles and human politics may good enough for some other generic anime, but Macross started out as so much more.

Irony of ironies, you can't even say Delta had a triangle.

The last time I saw a triangle that narrow, the co-located vertices caused my 3D printer software to crash. <_< 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 11:41 AM, Seto Kaiba said:

... and the trend continues.  Just once, can someone who wants to defend Delta actually pay attention to the story?

For starters, Major Valan wasn't the one planning or approving the use of thermonuclear reaction weapons and/or dimensional warheads.  That was the New UN Forces and New UN Government.

Second, dimensional warheads aren't illegal... just restricted.  The military needs government approval to transport and deploy them.  

Third, Xaos did not win or end the war.  They waltzed in arrogantly, got their asses handed to them, and barely scraped a draw at the end thanks to a deus ex machina.  In both the TV series and movie, Windermere IV's government takes its ball and goes home only because they can't weaponize the song of the wind anymore due to Heinz's deteriorating health, leaving them at a massive disadvantage vs. the numerically and tactically superior New UN Forces.  Xaos spends the entire series and first movie screwing up and practically handing victory to Windermere.

 

Movie 1 clearly states that a NUNS intelligence operative (Wright Immelmann) stole the star singer DNA on Lady M's behalf.

Lady M's supposed threat is completely toothless because, as Windermere's own representatives called Walkure out on, she's got a lot to answer for herself like illegal cloning and stealing star singer DNA from Windermere.  (It also basically ignores the fact that the NUNG has no real need to negotiate, since Windermere's armed forces are basically declawed thanks to Heinz being out of action.)

You must admit there’s material for a pretty good story there.  The odds they’ll capitolize are fairly low though.

Edited by Mommar
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 6:04 PM, azrael said:

Writer-wise? Tenjin isn't a writer.

Neither is Kawamori.  He's just the "series concept" guy when he's not drawing storyboards and designing robots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mommar said:

You must admit there’s material for a pretty good story there.  The odds they’ll capitolize are fairly low though.

Not really.  There's material for excellent visuals and music there, but excellent visuals and music are mere accompaniment to the story... not a foundation for it.  

They don't really have anything worth building on in Macross Delta's story.  Walkure was Freyja Wion and four flat stock characters.  Delta Flight was Hayate Immelmann and four flat stock characters.  The Aerial Knights were Roid Brehm, Keith A. Windermere, and four flat stock characters.  You can't further-develop characters who weren't developed at all to begin with... so what do they have that's worth building on?  The war's over, the barely-there love triangle's resolved, there's no real appeal in Windermere's side when the only developed characters it had are dead, Delta Flight is just window-dressing for Walkure, and there's no real incentive for the anime to properly develop Walkure because they're not the Walkure fans are lining up to see.

If we don't just get an excuse music video like Macross FB7 we're going to get something like Macross Dynamite 7.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

If we don't just get an excuse music video like Macross FB7 we're going to get something like Macross Dynamite 7.

 

I actually like Dynamite 7... But it also has better developed characters and a story I at least thought was interesting (and way better music), moreso in the implications than the delivery I suppose. I don't expect this next Walkure movie to do anything as decent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Master Dex said:

I actually like Dynamite 7... But it also has better developed characters and a story I at least thought was interesting (and way better music), moreso in the implications than the delivery I suppose. I don't expect this next Walkure movie to do anything as decent. 

Dynamite 7 was OK... what I was getting at vis-a-vis Macross Dynamite 7 is that its status as a sequel is largely a technicality.

The OVA's only significant connection to the Macross 7 series is two series characters who make glorified cameos but are otherwise largely uninvolved in the actual plot: Basara and Gamlin.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Rather likely more internal intrigue, a la Xaos, lady M confusion ..

Honestly, the entire idea that Xaos's founder and CEO is an anonymous presence whose identity isn't known to anyone in the company is one of the most absurd parts of Delta.

The people responsible for overseeing all of Xaos's operations in the two dozen inhabited star systems of the Brisingr globular cluster literally have no idea who they're even taking orders from.  Seriously, stop and think about that.  These people, who work for various divisions of a major corporate conglomerate, haven't got a clue who is actually in charge of the company despite regular contact with that person.

Xaos is clearly one of those offices that runs on the Dilbert Principle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking more forward on a new animation treatment of the SDFM or any side stories in that timeline or something like a prequel (not Zero) pertaining to some of the key characters stories before their SDFM boarding or they could just make a straight OAV of the Macross The First. I know the manga is taking too long so why not just do an OAV of it. ^_^

Anyways, one can only hope, right? :rolleyes:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm looking more forward on a new animation treatment of the SDFM or any side stories in that timeline or something like a prequel (not Zero) pertaining to some of the key characters stories before their SDFM boarding or they could just make a straight OAV of the Macross The First. I know the manga is taking too long so why not just do an OAV of it. ^_^

Anyways, one can only hope, right? :rolleyes:

 

Hope springs eternal I guess. 

 

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Dynamite 7 was OK... what I was getting at vis-a-vis Macross Dynamite 7 is that its status as a sequel is largely a technicality.

The OVA's only significant connection to the Macross 7 series is two series characters who make glorified cameos but are otherwise largely uninvolved in the actual plot: Basara and Gamlin.

 

That's fair to say for sure. Basara only contributed in the very end in helping the whales by what Frontier would describe as achieving fold resonance which apparently helps them breed... I guess... But last that Basara is just around for the ride (and Gamlin is only there to find him for Mylene, who has a rather distinct and questionable b plot). 

Still, it's probably the best Walkure 2: Protoculture Boogaloo can hope to achieve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The people responsible for overseeing all of Xaos's operations in the two dozen inhabited star systems of the Brisingr globular cluster literally have no idea who they're even taking orders from.

Kray kray , indeed..

I have a feeling lady M is going to be someone we never heard of. The attempt at fan service SDFM/Megatoad (lol) May just fizzle..

I hope not..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • azrael changed the title to New Macross TV Series in 20xx (sometime this decade)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...