New Macross TV Series in 20xx (sometime this decade)

Tochiro

29 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

Too early to say definitely, but it would be a breath of fresh air IMO. 

It's also possible Kawamori's getting his chance to do the project he was thinking about when they made Delta... one that doesn't have a singer, and focuses instead on competing flight demonstration teams.

37 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

It's also possible Kawamori's getting his chance to do the project he was thinking about when they made Delta... one that doesn't have a singer, and focuses instead on competing flight demonstration teams.

Like in The Ride?

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

So the music would just be background for the performances in this instance.

I guess I should see what this band sounds like since “Techno” is a poor descriptor for someone like me who actually can differentiate the various styles of electronic music.

19 minutes ago, azrael said:

We did have a male singer, Yoshiki Fukuyama.

And he still burns hotter than the sun in the middle of July, lol.

6 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Wasn't there a Quaedluun Rau in The Ride?

The main protagonist, Chelsea Scarlett, has a mentor, Angers 672, who pilots something called a Queadlunn Alma. 

Seto Kaiba can probably explain the background behind that mecha. 

13 hours ago, azrael said:

Part of me suspects that this boy band is ONLY performing the opening theme and that's it from the sound of the tweet. Kinda odd given Macross's MO.

Hey, if they wanna mix it up I ain't gonna stand in their way.

14 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Wasn't there a Quaedluun Rau in The Ride?

I'd love to see more dogfights with the classic Zentradi mecha.

Several different classic Zentradi mecha have brief cameos in the Macross the Ride light novel... it's apparently fairly common for Regults to compete in the Ostrich class races that are popular with the Vanquish League's Zentradi fans.  (Think a GERWALK mode footrace and you won't be far wrong.)

Angers 672 absconds with a Queadluun-Rau briefly at a race venue, prompting a brief but furious dogfight.  

SMS's Queadluun-Rhea/56 battle suits also show up briefly.

8 hours ago, SMS007 said:

The main protagonist, Chelsea Scarlett, has a mentor, Angers 672, who pilots something called a Queadlunn Alma. 

The Queadluun-Alma's more the hideous, mutant lovechild of the Feios Valkyrie (itself the hideous mutant lovechild of a VF-11A and Queadluun-Rau) and a Queadluun-Rhea (the New UN Forces own improved Queadluun-Rau).  

The result is as terrifyingly deadly as it is ugly.

Edited by Seto Kaiba
I misspelled "Feios".

26 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hey, if they wanna mix it up I ain't gonna stand in their way.

Of course, there is precedent for it. SDFM's opening theme. Guess you could count "Triangular", but Ms. Sakamoto ended up with a cameo role as Ranka's mum.

On 11/02/2018 at 12:58 PM, CRYO said:

New macross TV singer announced

J Pop Techno group ADOLINKERS from avex announced to tie up their song Level X to be the new Macross TV opening song, maybe this time we will have male singer or boy group in the new series?

I can only hope next Macross won't be 100% fujoushit.

Edited by akt_m

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

That Level X track is G.A.R.B.A.G.E.

Is it linked on that Twitter?  I searched the usual suspects and came up dry.

(on a filtered VPN at the mo')

38 minutes ago, akt_m said:

I can only hope next Macross won't be 100% fujoushit.

... in all fairness, this feels a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.  Macross Delta had the entirety of its antagonist faction, save one character, given over to effeminate, fancifully-dressed prettyboy dandies following yaoi and reverse harem tropes so hard they might as well be the Darwent Castle Host Club, two of whom formed two sides of an strongly implied gay love triangle and one of whom has to outright invoke "have I mentioned I'm straight today?".

There's no friggin way that wasn't bait for the fujoshi. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Is it linked on that Twitter?  I searched the usual suspects and came up dry.

(on a filtered VPN at the mo')

... in all fairness, this feels a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.  Macross Delta had the entirety of its antagonist faction, save one character, given over to effeminate, fancifully-dressed prettyboy dandies following yaoi and reverse harem tropes so hard they might as well be the Darwent Castle Host Club, two of whom formed two sides of an strongly implied gay love triangle and one of whom has to outright invoke "have I mentioned I'm straight today?".

There's no friggin way that wasn't bait for the fujoshi. :rolleyes:

Well Kawamori stated he wanted each macross to be different. Maybe this time the idol group is a gay boyband.

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

...Macross Delta had the entirety of its antagonist faction, save one character, given over to effeminate, fancifully-dressed prettyboy dandies following yaoi and reverse harem tropes so hard they might as well be the Darwent Castle Host Club...

See, I would have actually bought that show though. :lol:

14 hours ago, azrael said:

So either someone jumped the gun or someone got their hopes too high and we can go back to lurker mode.

8 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

If we get a boy band,  im out!!!! 

Maybe they've finally developed a sense of humor about the proceedings and are actually trolling us all?

Who's up for a Macross series featuring Babymetal?

24 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Isn't a boy band exactly what the characters who eventually became the Aerial Knights were supposed to be?

Not a boy band, IIRC... but rather, some kind of VF flight demonstration team/squadron.

Tropes-wise, the end result was an almost dead-on copy of a standard reverse harem cast.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

8 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Not a boy band, IIRC... but rather, some kind of VF flight demonstration team/squadron.

IIRC, the competing team to the Walkure+Delta combo was also supposed to consist of an idol group (or more likely a boy band) and demo team. I suspect that the AK might be amalgamations of those ten or so preexisting designs, which explains why they're almost all such bishie types.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I can see it now, the pilots themselves are a boyband. It's the obvious next step in Macross.

Make their rivals a group of Meltrandi idols piloting new transforming power armors.