New Macross TV Series in 20xx (sometime this decade)

Tochiro

57 minutes ago, Bolt said:

My statement was also in reference to 2019& 2020..or one of these years..

You stinker;) lol

I figure they put the brakes for a few reasons. One may be that it would have seriously backlogged Bandai &co to produce more variations and hero schemes, I even doubt we would have gotten a compliment deaign this soon. 

Hahaha! :lol: 

Who knows? Maybe the whole Macross committee is just getting softer or being forced by the main producers of the show to produce or to come up with something they don't really like. Like most of people here said, the Valkyries are just a decoration for the main AKB48 show... er, Walküre show. :rolleyes:

It could be a plot by the makers of Gundam to keep Macross from ever being able to attempt* to supplant Gundam in market shares...

*As if Macross IP could ever in a billion years even try, that is...

1 hour ago, TehPW said:

It could be a plot by the makers of Gundam to keep Macross from ever being able to attempt* to supplant Gundam in market shares...

Gundam? And here I am thinking that's not going to happen because of HG. Now I know why. :rolleyes:

Omg, THAT’s why!

lol

At this point , Macross could never touch the marketing mayhem Gundam has spread over the western world!

And if they tried, macross would have to be Pokémon with singing, dancing , transforming....oh god no..

maybe we should be thanking HG...

(blasphemy, I know, I know..)

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

100% agreed. Besides, I'm just messing with Bolt since he said that the thread is properly titled now which is not because it's already December for them to even air a 'Deculture' episode. ^_^ 

Yeah, we would've expected to see a first teaser trailer months ago...

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Btw, love your 'He No He No Mo He Ji' avatar. :good:;) 

Shamelessly stolen from the Wikipedia page for same. :lol:

(For some reason, the way it's drawn puts me in the mind of Sharaku's iconic painting of Otani Oniji III...)

21 hours ago, Bolt said:

I figure they put the brakes for a few reasons. One may be that it would have seriously backlogged Bandai &co to produce more variations and hero schemes, I even doubt we would have gotten a compliment deaign this soon. 

Unless this new *gag* Macross Delta movie introduces new designs, they should be just about done with Macross Delta stuff soon.  IIRC, all that's really left unreleased is Chuck's VF-31E, the stock Sv-262Ba, that fugly armor from Passionate Walkure, and maybe white redecos of the Sv-262s.  I guess they could maybe do a redeco of their DX VF-1J and call it the VF-1EX.  Since base engineering for the VF-31E and Armored Pack is already done, most if not all of the heavy lifting for Delta's line should be done.

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Who knows? Maybe the whole Macross committee is just getting softer or being forced by the main producers of the show to produce or to come up with something they don't really like. Like most of people here said, the Valkyries are just a decoration for the main AKB48 show... er, Walküre show. :rolleyes:

Wasn't that something that was mentioned early on WRT Delta, that it wasn't the concept Kawamori had pitched?  

They only way they could've been more blatant about it would be if he'd jokingly made the Siegfried the VF-48. ;) 

1 hour ago, TehPW said:

Given how much Macross Delta was blatantly ripping off its vastly superior sibling Macross Frontier, I'd be far more inclined to suspect Macross's producers are interested in how they can distill Macross down to an easily reproducible formula so they can take a whack at Sunrise's mass production of sequels and trademark lack of innovation.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:18 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Given how much Macross Delta was blatantly ripping off its vastly superior sibling Macross Frontier, I'd be far more inclined to suspect Macross's producers are interested in how they can distill Macross down to an easily reproducible formula so they can take a whack at Sunrise's mass production of sequels and trademark lack of innovation.

This is a little ironic coming from a huge Macross II fan like you.

Just now, Karaoke Ninja said:

This is a little ironic coming from a huge Macross II fan like you.

The irony is not lost on me one bit.

Macross II was, after all, Macross's attempt to go full Gundam done by Gundam staffers from Char's Counterattack and Zeta Gundam.  

On 12/9/2018 at 7:25 AM, Seto Kaiba said:

The irony is not lost on me one bit.

Macross II was, after all, Macross's attempt to go full Gundam done by Gundam staffers from Char's Counterattack and Zeta Gundam.  

Mechanical designers didn't have input on the direction of the plot of II. Fun Fact: In Japan everybody refers to it as Obari's Macross (and he didn't work on any of the Gundam shows you had mentioned.

Edited by Save
Made something singular -> plural

9 hours ago, Save said:

Mechanical designers didn't have input on the direction of the plot of II.

What I was getting at was more that the OVA's Gundam-esque story direction resulted in Gundam designers doing Gundam-esque designs, rather than vice versa.

("Going full Gundam" being mostly a reference to II sticking very close to the original's formula... though they did have a fair few Gundam references in there both overt and reasonably well-concealed.)

9 hours ago, Save said:

Fun Fact: In Japan everybody refers to it as Obari's Macross (and he didn't work on any of the Gundam shows you had mentioned.

"Obari's" Macross?  IIRC wasn't Obari's credit for II just unit direction for the OP, animation direction for Ep5, and key animation for 1, 5, and 6?

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Where is the new series? It's because delta bombed, thanks alot walkure.. you just ruined getting a new macross series. 

Isn't it the opposite? Walkure is popular so they're going to milk this gravy train a bit longer....

14 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

"Obari's" Macross?  IIRC wasn't Obari's credit for II just unit direction for the OP, animation direction for Ep5, and key animation for 1, 5, and 6?

Yep. That is what they say around these parts. Same reason he did both the Hi-Metal R box art and was interviewed for the booklet in the Mac II blu-ray.

7 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Where is the new series?

Dunno.  We'd been told to expect a new Macross series, but when the usual time to announce such came around the announcement was for a new, all-original Macross Delta movie instead.

7 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

It's because delta bombed, thanks alot walkure.. you just ruined getting a new macross series. 

Eh... the result is the same, but the cause is the exact opposite of what you posited here.

Walkure was Macross Delta's main draw.  Not the in-series Walkure either... the real one.  It's painfully obvious they were carrying Macross Delta, which was pretty but otherwise nothing to write home about storywise.  With the real Walkure group still making serious bank, it's not all that surprising they'd want to keep the gravy train rolling until it runs out of steam.

Maybe they're just testing the waters. Who knows, maybe the next series will feature a whole new colored Valkyries squadrons based on VF-11MAXL. How cool is that, right? We're going to see a DX VF-11B/C down the line for sure. :rolleyes:^_^

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Maybe they're just testing the waters. Who knows, maybe the next series will feature a whole new colored Valkyries squadrons based on VF-11MAXL. How cool is that, right? We're going to see a DX VF-11B/C down the line for sure. :rolleyes:^_^

Honestly, I'm flat amazed that Delta didn't do exactly that...

On 12/10/2018 at 3:17 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

What I was getting at was more that the OVA's Gundam-esque story direction resulted in Gundam designers doing Gundam-esque designs, rather than vice versa.

("Going full Gundam" being mostly a reference to II sticking very close to the original's formula... though they did have a fair few Gundam references in there both overt and reasonably well-concealed.)

How about if the next Macross series went the  Gundam Build Fighters route? - a show that blatently says "we just want to sell Valkyrie toys".

:lol:^_^

1 hour ago, Vifam7 said:

How about if the next Macross series went the  Gundam Build Fighters route? - a show that blatently says "we just want to sell Valkyrie toys".

I don't mind this.  :good: 

I remember back in the 80's in Japan, I've been following a manga featured in Shogaku San Nensei book. Not sure if it's San Nensei (3rd Grade) or Yon Nensei (Fourth Grade). Either way, the manga is a story about a boy with a VF-1J model kit and fights other model kits. And it looks cool since his VF-1J transforms on-the-fly in all modes and sometimes he's adding parts to it depends on the arena situation. So basically it's like Build Fighters and Puraresu Sanshiro. Too bad I forgot the title of that manga. There's a memorable fighter that I keep on remembering from that manga is that he fought with a Bull that when it got shot down and got separated into 2 Glaugs and a custom mecha that came out from the Bull's head.

If anyone here is reading those manga books before and knows the title of it, please share it. Thanks! ^_^

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I keep on remembering from that manga is that he fought with a Bull that when it got shot down and got separated into 2 Glaugs and a custom mecha that came out from the Bull's head.

What the..?!

Awesomeness..!

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't mind this.  :good: 

I remember back in the 80's in Japan, I've been following a manga featured in Shogaku San Nensei book. Not sure if it's San Nensei (3rd Grade) or Yon Nensei (Fourth Grade). Either way, the manga is a story about a boy with a VF-1J model kit and fights other model kits. And it looks cool since his VF-1J transforms on-the-fly in all modes and sometimes he's adding parts to it depends on the arena situation. So basically it's like Build Fighters and Puraresu Sanshiro. Too bad I forgot the title of that manga. There's a memorable fighter that I keep on remembering from that manga is that he fought with a Bull that when it got shot down and got separated into 2 Glaugs and a custom mecha that came out from the Bull's head.

If anyone here is reading those manga books before and knows the title of it, please share it. Thanks! ^_^

The manga you are thinking of is Plamo Tensai Esper Taro. 

1 hour ago, Tochiro said:

The manga you are thinking of is Plamo Tensai Esper Taro. 

Thanks Tochiro. But I doubt it’s that one. After you replied I kind of search the title and the image I saw doesn’t look familiar. Esp the lead character. I remember he’s wearing a headphone with mic but it’s not the same as what Taro is wearing. I don’t remember him having some friends with some Defenders kits. The other character I remember is the love interest that when she got introduced she was wearing a full face mask with a ‘manly’ voice and pilots a Q-Rau. Also, I don’t remember reading some Koro Koro Magazine back then where Esper Taro was being published. It was just the Shogaku San/Yon Nen Sei. I did find an image of VF-1J in Space Equipment Type ‘Deep Diver’ configuration that was featured in that manga. Looks awesome by the way. ;) 

8D20093A-997F-4412-AAAB-D185519C02BB.jpeg.55850b99b6a1ff9032f84da4ca357e31.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

What the..?!

Awesomeness..!

It was actually. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Tochiro. But I doubt it’s that one. After you replied I kind of search the title and the image I saw doesn’t look familiar. Esp the lead character. I remember he’s wearing a headphone with mic but it’s not the same as what Taro is wearing. I don’t remember him having some friends with some Defenders kits. The other character I remember is the love interest that when she got introduced she was wearing a full face mask with a ‘manly’ voice and pilots a Q-Rau. Also, I don’t remember reading some Koro Koro Magazine back then where Esper Taro was being published. It was just the Shogaku San/Yon Nen Sei. I did find an image of VF-1J in Space Equipment Type ‘Deep Diver’ configuration that was featured in that manga. Looks awesome by the way. ;) 

8D20093A-997F-4412-AAAB-D185519C02BB.jpeg.55850b99b6a1ff9032f84da4ca357e31.jpeg

It was actually. ^_^ 

Ah, I recall the one. Don’t remember the name off the top of my head sorry. 

Try Esper Taro tho. It’s good until the Southern Cross mecha come in and wreck it for everyone ;-)

8 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

I'd rather support a show that blatantly says "we just want to sell you all the Macross toys ever, and yes this includes the cool Zentradi stuff."

I'll probably get chased with torches after this, but, screw it.

I personally never liked any of the Macross series, found them cheesy and always cringed at the singing Idols scenes. I have quite a few Yamato/Arcadia/Bandai VF's but only because I love their design, Looking at them in jet mode, You can tell that theres' more to them then just a plain fighter jet..but back on topic.

I think it'd be awesome if they came up with a new series but with a much darker plot and  undertone like , for example, I don't like starwars either, but when I watched rogue one it hit me in all the right places and I cried at the end, I screamed with hapiness when when the rebels kicked a$$ at the expense of offing themselves for a greater cause.....I mean, give it a more proper "Adult " vibe.

I don't expect everyone to agree with with Me, but if they took that route, I'd be all over it.

1 hour ago, Pulltoeject said:

I personally never liked any of the Macross series, found them cheesy and always cringed at the singing Idols scenes. I have quite a few Yamato/Arcadia/Bandai VF's but only because I love their design, Looking at them in jet mode, You can tell that theres' more to them then just a plain fighter jet..but back on topic.

...well then why the blue blazes do you spend any time on this board?

2 hours ago, Tochiro said:

Ah, I recall the one. Don’t remember the name off the top of my head sorry. 

Try Esper Taro tho. It’s good until the Southern Cross mecha come in and wreck it for everyone ;-)

No worries sir. Thanks Tochiro. :good:^_^ 

44 minutes ago, SMS007 said:

As I stated earlier, the fact that I don't like the series doesn't hinder me from liking Kawamoris' mecha designs,  to be more precise, his Valks. 

I would just like to see the Valks in a different setting, Maybe along the lines of the red spectacles, kerberos style of drama in it, not just the pop music love triangles that are the usual Macross series.

Edited by Pulltoeject

18 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

I'm trying to look at that idea optimistically, and the best I can come up with is "that might actually be horrible enough to make me look back on Macross Delta favorably".

Edited by Seto Kaiba

13 hours ago, SMS007 said:

You’d have to ask me the same because I don’t like any of the shows proper either.  I like Kawamori’s designs and the fact the background story of the universe is so fleshed out.  And the dog fighting scenes.

14 hours ago, SMS007 said:

C'mon now. If I were to like the series only and hate the toys that they're producing, would that prohibit me to join this forum as well? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure he just loves hanging out with people who also loves Macross and its Valkyries in general. After all, this is MACROSSWORLD.  ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

13 hours ago, Pulltoeject said:

As I stated earlier, the fact that I don't like the series doesn't hinder me from liking Kawamoris' mecha designs,  to be more precise, his Valks. 

I would just like to see the Valks in a different setting, Maybe along the lines of the red spectacles, kerberos style of drama in it, not just the pop music love triangles that are the usual Macross series.

Fair enough.