New Macross TV Series in 20xx (sometime this decade)

Tochiro

19 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Double Jeopardy if all of Walkure are there for the revel. 

And they're all too polite to say anything about her tone-deaf caterwauling, so we can get a nice bunch of comedic reaction shots.

8 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

First they'd have to actually sit down and decide who Lady M is... Delta's creators never determined an identity for her, Berger Stone's baseless rumor-mongering notwithstanding.

(Personally, my suspicion is that Lady M is the original Mikumo Guynemer, the genetic donor whose DNA was merged with the Protoculture ruins DNA to create the Walkure member Mikumo.)

That is actually the best theory on her identity yet. It would actually make sense in the context of the show rather than in the context of the fans, if you know what i mean.

4 hours ago, Graham said:

I wonder if the new series has been quietly dropped in favour of the second Delta movie, as there has been zero news about the new series for so long.

I think that this is likely. Or at the very least postponed until the last drop is squeezed out of Walküre.

11 hours ago, Sandman said:

That is actually the best theory on her identity yet. It would actually make sense in the context of the show rather than in the context of the fans, if you know what i mean.

It was a thought that occurred to me back when Macross Delta was in the runup to the series finale, when Deadfish subs included a translator's note that baselessly claimed Lady M was Lynn Minmay... which caused a great big ruckus.

No existing character met the criteria to secretly be Lady M, the wealthy industrialist who founded Xaos as an interstellar communications firm in the wake of the First Space War.  A new character's connections would have to be non-trivial, and when it was revealed that Mikumo was a clone that just sort of clicked.  

7 hours ago, SMS007 said:

And Lady M affirms that the stupidly naïve Walküre view that music is not a weapon was wrong all along.

Meanwhile, Berger Stone is lurking in the back of the karaoke booth pounding glasses of oolong-hai with a pained "I told you so" expression...

5 hours ago, Graham said:

I wonder if the new series has been quietly dropped in favour of the second Delta movie, as there has been zero news about the new series for so long.

I'll be pretty damned disappointed if it has.

On the one hand, it'll give me time to get my new project at least partly up to speed before I have to start contending with material from a new TV series.

On the other hand, it means we're stuck with a sequel to Macross Delta... which is all kinds of totally unnecessary.  Macross Delta's story might have just sort of lurched to a graceless, screeching halt in the TV series rather than coming gracefully to its conclusion, but it did in fact end and there wasn't really a story hook to build a sequel onto.  Macross doesn't need a movie with an excuse plot so an idol group can have a two-hour animated concert.  Moreover, Walkure emphatically does not need the help.  Unlike Mari, Walkure isn't really bearing the onus of being the girls from that show, so for self-promotion they're not really dependent on Macross.  They'll probably still be doing great when the Macross Delta series is inevitably forgotten in a few years.

7 hours ago, Sailor Arashi said:

I demand fan-art of Kamen Rider on a Segway now please.

Hmmmmmmmmmm not exactly what I was going for xD  

But I am cautiously excited for the second movie.  I really hope they add more gerwalk and battroid mode dog fights.  The series was nice with the more classic style dog fights, but if I wanted dog fights I'd just watch Yukikaze!  

9 hours ago, Graham said:

I've always wanted Lady M to be Mylene.

Could actually be pretty cool seeing her all grown up. She could also give her niece some pointers on how to deal with unavailable men.

7 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Haven’t seen 7, but does Mylene have the subtlety, guile, foresight, and, well, evilness to be Lady M?

No, she just has the outgoing innocent sweetness and periodic foul temper of a teenage girl whose crush is a completely oblivious prat.

But there is a lot of growing between ages 14 in 2045 and age 36 in 2067 when Delta happens. She could be a very different person. 

30 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I love Mylene and this is completely accurate.

I'll admit I unapologetically ship Mylene x Gamlin in no small part because those two are the only ones outside of Colonel Barton who actually attempt to chastise Basara for his asinine behavior.

On 1/29/2017 at 6:25 AM, Tochiro said:

At the end of today's Walkure concert, we got 3 announcements:

1)New Macross tv series in 2018

2)'Superdimension Films' 35th anniversary project this year. 

3)Walkure concert in Bluray and DVD.

Not sure if the update changed anything significantly..

45 minutes ago, Graham said:

Quoting a post from January LOL

From January of last year!

Still, bleh... Tochiro's probably in a better position to know than anyone else here.

45 minutes ago, Graham said:

If we don't hear anything by the end of October, I'm calling vaporware.

Has this ever happened before? I don’t recall any major delays or unfulfilled promises in the franchise.

I mean I too was surprised that it was announced so quickly after Delta ended. But then again they released Plus and 7 pretty much at the same time and I was looking forward to something more serious like Plus was. 

Edited by losun

11 hours ago, Graham said:

If we don't hear anything by the end of October, I'm calling vaporware.

It's increasingly looking like a new series has been back-burnered or abandoned in favor of more of the Macross Delta "story".

10 hours ago, losun said:

Has this ever happened before? I don’t recall any major delays or unfulfilled promises in the franchise.

There have been a few... like the proposed live-action movie Macross: Final Outpost: Earth which was originally intended for a Christmas 1996 release, or a 3DCG series called Macross 3D that got as far as a promo video before ending up on indefinite hiatus in 2000.