Destroid Cheyenne II - Model Graphix Build

seti88

7 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Awesome. I love custom builds.That mini gun blended in with the leg pretty good.

Can't seem to reply without my previous quote in my phone, so apologies (tried six times now).

Anyway, that looks like a crotch gun to me. Not leg. Anyone else see that?

2 hours ago, mickyg said:

Anyway, that looks like a crotch gun to me. Not leg. Anyone else see that?

Yup.  Spotted it way back in Macross Zero with the original Cheyenne: http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/Cheyenne/Cheyenne.php (ref: anti-personnel machinegun).

It's not as clear in the screengrabs from MF, but it's there: http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/Cheyenne/CheyenneII.php

On 22/01/2017 at 5:38 AM, Xigfrid said:

I am too busy to make this one, I would love a DX toy out of it... come on it was aired in Delta!

Isnt it also the same one that was in Macross Zero?

Its a Cod Piece weapon... highly effective  STI defence

Edited by NZEOD

On 22/01/2017 at 6:26 AM, seti88 said:

The logical base kit would of course be the tomahawk but it's so heavily modified its mind boggling which base kit it could be grown out of...

I dont think any of the current destroids were used as a base model for this one. The only part resembling them is the lower leg plates and even they look... wrong... for the Tomahawk/Phalanx/Defender legs.

Yeah, it was different enough that I never really warmed to it. Too skinny or insectoid looking or something. But given the passage of time, it sorta started to grow on me. Nothing to do with the codpiece weapon though, I promise. 

1 hour ago, NZEOD said:

Isnt it also the same one that was in Macross Zero?

Its a Cod Piece weapon... highly effective  STI defence

Originally, you got the Cheyenne 1st version in Macross Zero, the Cheyenne II is supposedly just an upgraded version with nuclear engine but since the two franchises were made differently, they look a bit different. I think that in Zero the Cheyenne looks buffier. 

In delta, the Workroid is 80% à Cheyenne. 

12 hours ago, NZEOD said:

so the Workroid model could be modded into a Cheyenne?

If I were Bandai and made molds, I would do small addons to screw on the Workroid parts to convert them. As I use 3D printing and it only costs me time to edit the current Workroid file into an optimized Cheyenne II, that what I would do.

MT: It looks like a kit made of cut plastic board, which make sense because there are very little curves in this model. This is only guesses since I didn't know of this kit either.