I want a Transforming YF-29

dec0y13

17 minutes ago, dec0y13 said:

I love these YF-29's, but I'm guessing no 1/72 transforming kit was ever made. Or at least I can't find out out there. Does anyone know of one?

There was a garage kit conversion for the VF-25 Kit, but the VF-25 Kit is an iffy kit and I'm not sure you can transform it with the conversion on.

yes and no... its nice looking BUT... it comes with no instructions and there is some warping that needs heating to correct. But a a semi bonus it doesnt need a Bandai VF-25 as a base. Its a stand alone kit, not a conversion... except it is sometimes missing the cowling on the lower leg to exhaust nozzle part.

Edited by NZEOD

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

The YF-29 conversion kit wasn't/isn't transformable, by the way. It's a fixed fighter mode kit.

http://www.e2046.com/p/22799

that particular one is not a conversion, it is a complete kit [fighter mode only]. no instructions, just a partslist.

I haven't given mine a part-by-part inspection yet, but on first glances mine did not appear to have any warpage on her, even the 'so thin that they're almost translucent' bits... I'll dig it out and have another look to be sure about the casting quality...

I belive there is a different kit [not from e2046] that requires a bandai vf-25 to hang the conversion on...

25 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I'm half-certain that's the same kit as the conversion but with the necessary VF-25 parts included as resin recasts.

I say that based solely on the parts pictures, so... Yeah. Take that with all the grains of salt.

certainly could be, I don't own any other YF-29s, and the only bandai VF-25 I own is an RVF-25 so I could loot the ghosts from it...

on further inspection I have 2 warped pieces, slight curves on parts 71 [dorsal fin] and 42 [the canard has a curve to it that the opposite part lacks]

The leg and nose section pieces certainly look like they're recast bandai engineering

8 hours ago, slide said:

I belive there is a different kit [not from e2046] that requires a bandai vf-25 to hang the conversion on...

Yes, the original kit. The one at e2046 is a recast. And the original sculptor didn't include instructions in order to try and avoid being recasted.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if it too late. There is one on the market. Was made by the studio named as seventh moon in japan. But it is a limited sets I guess. Hence no more selling on the market. However. There is a recast version. Selling on taobao. And it is transformable!!! I bought one set. Can’t say nice but still works. 

CC14D1F1-10AD-4FA0-BFF9-C1DE8D7CABD6.jpeg

DC90BAF1-00E9-4FBE-9DF0-18D5927DA6C0.jpeg

2580385E-6C0C-4916-8E49-0ABB637B36DB.jpeg