Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

Seems like this tweet from Mr. K may clarify that the premium tampo printing includes *all* of the markings that are indicated by the VF-1S manual, with the exception of one marking indicated in the picture.

Here's the Google translation of the tweet:

Regarding the specification that pushed the potatoes, we print the parts shown on the marking page of the manual. However, according to the part, the material part (one place) where the paint hardly puts on is omitting. (See the attached picture) Please acknowledge it.

I assume "potatoes" is a mistranslation of "tampo" :-)

Edited by chaff.g

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Wow price is above what Arcadia listed. Yeah this definitely a pass. Not spending the cash on a vf-1 which I have many and costed half the price a few years ago. If I'm spending that kind of money it better be a new mold with a lot of bang for the buck.

I couldn't have agreed more!

Edited by MAC-X

3 hours ago, chaff.g said:

Seems like this tweet from Mr. K may clarify that the premium tampo printing includes *all* of the markings that are indicated by the VF-1S manual, with the exception of one marking indicated in the picture.

Here's the Google translation of the tweet:

I assume "potatoes" is a mistranslation of "tampo" :-)

Glad he clarified what people would be getting with the premium version. Still a hard sell though for the price.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So based on that tweet, it's safe to assume that it's not as heavy tampo look like the Hasegawa kit. But it's more likely 'we just tampo'ed all the markings that was on the sticker sheet'. Hmmm.

Arcadia in order to keep up with the times and trend, should have did tampo in the beginning cos sticker sheets are a thing of the past. Usually the premium ver to gauge the market reception kinda leaves a sour taste in the mouth

55 minutes ago, auberondreaming said:

So how does Arcadia just becoming a re-release shop make people feel?

As someone who got into collecting Macross toys late, it's great.  Get to pick up some of the ones I missed out on. :)  Sure they're pricier now than before but usually a lot less than what the aftermarket is asking.

9 hours ago, Sandman said:

Wow price is above what Arcadia listed. Yeah this definitely a pass. Not spending the cash on a vf-1 which I have many and costed half the price a few years ago. If I'm spending that kind of money it better be a new mold with a lot of bang for the buck.

Imagine how much they would charge for a NEW VF-1 mold

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So based on that tweet, it's safe to assume that it's not as heavy tampo look like the Hasegawa kit. But it's more likely 'we just tampo'ed all the markings that was on the sticker sheet'. Hmmm.

Which was always the most likely option

1 hour ago, auberondreaming said:

So how does Arcadia just becoming a re-release shop make people feel?

It's cool with me, but I wish they would do some of the more hard to get valks like the VT and VE and M&Ms

1 hour ago, Raptor One said:

It's cool with me, but I wish they would do some of the more hard to get valks like the VT and VE and M&Ms

27 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah but at least you could justify it with improvements and new features rather than charging an arm and a leg for a nearly 10 year old mold.

This is how I feel.  If they would start doing anything other than hero valks that would be great, especially for you folks just getting in.  But this is the second time Arcadia has done DYRL Hikaru, 2 times with Roy.  Maybe they got burned by the 30th vf-1.  I'm sure they could make a vf-1d and make many new collectors happy.  Or the M&Ms.

1 hour ago, Raptor One said:

12 minutes ago, auberondreaming said:

This is how I feel.  If they would start doing anything other than hero valks that would be great, especially for you folks just getting in.  But this is the second time Arcadia has done DYRL Hikaru, 2 times with Roy.  Maybe they got burned by the 30th vf-1.  I'm sure they could make a vf-1d and make many new collectors happy.  Or the M&Ms.

I'm going to be happy if that happens so that new collectors will have chance on getting those rare Valks. ;) But I will also scratch my head while doing it because I just finished getting VF-1D and VT-1. Not to mention the Fan Racer. Oh, the (upcoming) irony. :fool:  :lol: 

I love that Arcadia is rereleasing Valks I missed out on. These things should just be available as they are some of the best toys of one of the most iconic Mechs ever. SAs for the price difference for the premium, Arcadia published on their own site that it was 10000 yen more so no surprise there. Now there is just an easy way to get it. I don't think I'm going to pay the premium now but I don't see options as a bad thing.

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

They're ok. Not-so-good customer service but they're accommodating when you asks inquiry.

And yes, they do send out payment reminder 2 weeks before the item gets released.

Awesome thanks!

4 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Does anyone have a picture of their VF-1S with all the decals on? I'd like to see what I could potentially have. You guys may be complaining on price now but we all know it's going to be a grail someday lol

Ya some pics would be nice to see the actual differences between the two. 

I'm still trying to justify the $88.00 USD difference.  But if the quality is there I may jump on this.

6 minutes ago, neko878 said:

Awesome thanks!

You're welcome. ;) 

10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So i hear some people mention weathering on the premium edition. Has this been confirmed?

Nope. Some members here however preferred it was also weathered.

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

So i hear some people mention weathering on the premium edition. Has this been confirmed?

I think that was in regard to the premium version of the YF-19 that was teased last year. No one from Arcadia has confirmed that the premium VF-1S will include weathering, but anything in addition to the Tampo will be a welcome bonus IMO. I'll cross my fingers because the Yamato weathering Valkyries command a high price today if you can find them. The cost is high enough that even my own impatience won't allow me to flinch when I see them at jungle or mandarake.

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm going to be happy if that happens so that new collectors will have chance on getting those rare Valks. ;) But I will also scratch my head while doing it because I just finished getting VF-1D and VT-1. Not to mention the Fan Racer. Oh, the (upcoming) irony. :fool:  :lol: 

HaHa! I understand what you mean so well, Noel. I just picked up a copy of Yamato's 1S Hikaru last year and here I am scratching my head because I just spent $40 more to get the premium Arcadia version. Is it good timing like I thought in my post above or is it really bad timing? Oh well, at least I have another Arcadia Valkyrie to look forward to. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Just PO the "Premium" edition at NY...now I have to decide if I PO or not the "Normal" edition.

P.S: I hope they have different box art or something.

Stick to premium. I went through arcadia website with a forwarder (Tenso). This will be my 1st hikaru so I'm happy I got to get the premium ver.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

HaHa! I understand what you mean so well, Noel. I just picked up a copy of Yamato's 1S Hikaru last year and here I am scratching my head because I just spent $40 more to get the premium Arcadia version. Is it good timing like I thought in my post above or is it really bad timing? Oh well, at least I have another Arcadia Valkyrie to look forward to. :lol:

Well, think of this way. Atleast, you'll have variants. This time you're going to have the ever-famous Arcadia whites compared to Yamato whites. Whereas me, I already sold my Yammie DYRL Hikaru Valks. So all the Hikaru's I have are now have the Arcadia white. ;) But it's good to know that there's someone out there too that feels the same thing that I did. For sure, that's for most of us so it's great. Hahaha! :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Just PO the "Premium" edition at NY...now I have to decide if I PO or not the "Normal" edition.

P.S: I hope they have different box art or something.

Arcadia Rep: Is sticker that says "Premium Finish" to differentiate releases good enough for you? :ph34r:

:lol: