Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, think of this way. Atleast, you'll have variants. This time you're going to have the ever-famous Arcadia whites compared to Yamato whites. Whereas me, I already sold my Yammie DYRL Hikaru Valks. So all the Hikaru's I have are now have the Arcadia white. ;) But it's good to know that there's someone out there too that feels the same thing that I did. For sure, that's for most of us so it's great. Hahaha! :lol: 

Arcadia Rep: Is sticker that says "Premium Finish" to differentiate releases good enough for you? :ph34r:

:lol: 

Hahahahha...Its not good enough for me...... But if the tempo is good and lot of them...I can live with that "sticker" in the box.

Edited by Pedro2k6

6 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Hahahahha...Its not good enough for me...... But if the tempo is good and lot of them...I can live with that "sticker" in the box.

It will have the 'new' Macross 35th Anniversary sticker just to differentiate. That's good, yes? :rolleyes:

macross-35th_30.jpg

I wish they'd just issued the strike pack versions to start with, I can't really think of anyone who wouldn't have preferred that from the start, given how rare those packs are on the secondary market now.

I may pass my two bare Arcadia VF-1S valks onto other owners though, since I just sort of completed my set of DYRL valks in the old Yamato off-white.  Could never get ahold of a Max 1S, so I kitbashed a broken-shoulder edition Roy with a spare Max 1A, and voila. ^_^ I may even have enough strike packs for all of them from one of those early HLJ clearance sales from years ago.

$193 pre-ordered w/o shipping from HLJ for the regular version, but oh well! It's the only 1S variant in my 1/48 & 1/60 collection, so I think it was worth getting. At least, it was the next best thing to getting a separate strike pack that a lot of us are waiting for but won't seem to be getting anytime soon.

Interesting, it's roughly an additional $30 for the 1S with Fast Packs versus the previous release lacking one.  Which is about right for a VF-1 with Fast Packs in day, really.  The "Premium" version makes zero sense why it's nearly $100 more.  I really want to take a look at those tampo'd fast packs but I can't swing an extra $300 for a VF-1.  Maybe $220... maybe.

Mostly I just need more Fast Packs.

Edited by Mommar

Placed my pre-order for the Premium Edition. I have a VF-1S Hikaru and a separate FAST pack set, but I think I will like the white better than the grey. I will probably list my current VF-1S for sale here after getting this one.

Risky pre-order of the year. After my pre-orders for Mass Effect 3 and the No Man's Sky collector's editions, you think I'd have learned...

Then again, my VF-4 pre-order went swimmingly!

Quick question, while I was placing my N-Y pre-order, I first clicked 'Pay now', but then changed my mind on the PayPal login screen. This resulted in my order being cancelled. I have placed a new one. Am I getting banned? If I get banned, will I still get my paid HMR Millia pre-order?

Edited by MikeRoz

3 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

Placed my pre-order for the Premium Edition. I have a VF-1S Hikaru and a separate FAST pack set, but I think I will like the white better than the grey. I will probably list my current VF-1S for sale here after getting this one.

Risky pre-order of the year. After my pre-orders for Mass Effect 3 and the No Man's Sky collector's editions, you think I'd have learned...

Then again, my VF-4 pre-order went swimmingly!

Quick question, while I was placing my N-Y pre-order, I first clicked 'Pay now', but then changed my mind on the PayPal login screen. This resulted in my order being cancelled. I have placed a new one. Am I getting banned? If I get banned, will I still get my paid HMR Millia pre-order?

You won't get banned at N-Y for unpaid pay now orders, but they will be cancelled. Just PO again and choose Pay Later.

This is a pass for me. For the price I could get 2 or 3 HMR valks and still have some money left. Maybe they should do something like a Kickstarter to get new products/designs going? Obviously there will be people buying this Hikky but they're stuck with SDFM while Bandai gets to release the valks from the latest Macross series. For one I'd want to see their take on something like from Macross Frontier.

Reminds me of when Bandai started releasing "Marking Versions" of their Ka Signature Robot Damashii Gundams.  Now you're going to wonder whether that Valkyrie you're buying now will be rendered obsolete with a "Premium" version released later.

I would totally buy the premium finish version but I already have the three first VF-1 releases from Arcadia. I would rather have Super Strike Pack addon-sets and the rest of the Skull Squadron than try to find a way to sell my VF-1 collection and start all over again with a release that might be a singularity. ^_^

So I'm interested but not buying. <_<

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I kind of wish they'd always printed the skull logos on the fast packs.. but that would have limited how they're used.  I've just never felt like using the stickers on them, so all of mine are bare.

Precisely. the skull emblems should have being tampoed for super or strike bundle packs while the rest could have being tampoed with UN Spacy logo

I think it's a spare Hikaru 1S (from the vanilla stand-only release) that Mr. K is stickering up to model the markings on the premium version. I doubt that is a factory prototype. We have some months to go before either the normal or the premium strike set is released.

Anyway, Mr. K's twitter indicates that there will be more photos up next week. I'm looking forward to them.

I don't think it's out of the question that the pictured is an actual sample. It's not like they need to do anything but setup the tampo process to have this ready for release since it's the same thing they've been putting out for years. Not complaining, just saying. Anyways, I'm close to preordering the regular version.

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I don't think it's out of the question that the pictured is an actual sample. It's not like they need to do anything but setup the tampo process to have this ready for release since it's the same thing they've been putting out for years. Not complaining, just saying. Anyways, I'm close to preordering the regular version.

Perhaps, but Mr. K has used kitbashed prototypes, spares, and stickers in his teaser photos before so there is a precedent for that too.

Edit: I meant to add that the regular version is no slouch too. I'm this close (...) to picking up a matching "regular" Roy strike set to go with the premium Hikaru. Your pictures in the other thread sold me on it, even though I already own the Yamato version. My first DYRL Roy comes from Yamato's broken shoulder stock. 

Edited by technoblue

The tampo process isn't necessarily a quick thing to setup though.  That's a lot of little tiny things to do that they haven't been setup for before.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the display model they're using is actually an old Yamato that was used in their photoshoots.  The early Yamato promotional pics had all the markings on them as well.

As far as the backpack emblems go though, I'm ok with them not being printed on the non bundles, since it lets you put them on any valk, but the character specific ones like with the M&Ms should've been printed from the start.

I just can't ever bring myself to use any of the stickers, so all of my packs are still bare... but that's my own fault. :lol: