Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Ask and ye shall receive!

It's the same Arcadia white as far as I can tell.

Having it (almost) fully tampo printed makes it look fantastic, as anyone who's decaled or stickered up their VF-1s can attest to. :)

Only drawback is the weird looking yellow graphic Arcadia used for the landing gear markings. Don't know why they didn't just use the standard markings.

And of course I wish the canopy was tinted, as always. :rolleyes:

I didn't resize any of the images, so you can click on each pic to see a much higher res version if you want to check out the tampo printing more closely.

IMG_20170601_083614.thumb.jpg.c309c27b5f92e622d6667caf2ca88b14.jpg

IMG_20170601_083724.thumb.jpg.6dbac619ce3dec94472c2c473a9de56b.jpg

IMG_20170601_083733.thumb.jpg.1f8f5243bd52654508a4933744fc3dea.jpg

IMG_20170601_083754.thumb.jpg.c2f768ce06e427085dfaf0451e03efc3.jpg

IMG_20170601_083807.thumb.jpg.e18859853b9fac3f1cc006db025af975.jpg

IMG_20170601_083855.thumb.jpg.819c23149caabdf71eeee6d0b538f923.jpg

IMG_20170601_083919.thumb.jpg.b38287931d5849d7dfa971622879e66d.jpg

IMG_20170601_084127.thumb.jpg.300f0f8ff27be9226e1037edaebd8091.jpg

IMG_20170601_084159.thumb.jpg.40d68a43ff32a67c545301652c565b57.jpg

Weird looking landing gear door markings.

IMG_20170601_084210.thumb.jpg.ee35488afc153c5ed340658ae31e2d4f.jpg

IMG_20170601_084659.thumb.jpg.0e01b73d47fc44e65ac3814273bcd2cd.jpg

Lolicon, the yellow mark by the landing gear is the symbol for a jack or lift point.  That symbol means it's safe to lift the aircraft at that spot.  im trying to learn what every symbol means.  Great photos

Just got in the 1/60 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Premium Finish ver from HLJ.  This version came out better than I expected.  It is nicely done.  I can't say the same for the packaging though...wow!

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg

007.jpg

Edited by neko878

I never get tired of looking at this incarnation of VF-1's. People always says it's a 10 year old mold toy. But everytime there's new releases even if it's just the same old Roy or Hikaru scheme. Premium or not, they're still gorgeous to look at. :wub: 

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

Lolicon, the yellow mark by the landing gear is the symbol for a jack or lift point.  That symbol means it's safe to lift the aircraft at that spot.  im trying to learn what every symbol means.  Great photos

Ah that's good to know. Thanks!

I wish I could get a VF-1 that had the Arcadia white, full tampo, and the rainbow canopy. Sigh.

9f2.gif.0df8f2d198b0e94869cb8365842b5c01.gif

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I never get tired of looking at this incarnation of VF-1's. People always says it's a 10 year old mold toy. But everytime there's new releases even if it's just the same old Roy or Hikaru scheme. Premium or not, they're still gorgeous to look at. :wub: 

Totally agree. I'll just have to live vicariously through the photos here, as I can't justify the cost of the premium finish version for myself. As a relatively new collector, I don't (yet) own any 1/60, and I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger on the standard finish version, as NY has a really good price on it.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

$280!?  Daaaaaymn!

Probably close to $ 300 after shipping (that 28600 JPY is around $ 260).

I had an alert set up with N-Y since I'm still looking for one, but I was fast asleep when they put it back up. I think the price probably would have given me pause, I want one, but the sticker-shock is REAL.

-b.

Yeah it's spendy. I got one because I don't have any 1/60 VF-1's but damn it was expensive. 

It's not too much more than a VF-31 with super parts but those are newer designs with more gimmicks and (maybe) better engineering.

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

If retail was too expensive, the after market might not be kind. 

Depends on the flavor and quality of KOs released over the next few months. 

Not many will pay a hefty markup on these if they can get a "good enough" version for half the price. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

8 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

The inner cardboard is not even laminated. 

i'm pretty upset, i will not support arcadia any longer. i will not tolerate this type of cardboard. i'm going all in on thievery and going KO. at least WILL have laminated cardboard. the nerve or arcadia! at least yamato web exclusives HAD white boxes with laminated cardboard. 

-entitled thief.

It is ironic to slip "premium" on a box that is decidedly un-premium... we tried really hard on this one guys... Then we threw it in whatever we had lying around. 

For the record,  I am amused more than perturbed. 

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

If retail was too expensive, the after market might not be kind. 

One of my fears, but it also just allows me to keep more money in my pocket. I won't buy if after-market prices get 'too' out of hand.

52 minutes ago, jenius said:

Arcadia did them a solid by putting it in a box that looks like a cheap knock off.

I hate that I found that really funny. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Loop said:

I kinda like the box's minimal design, takes me back to some of the 1/48 box designs :lol:

Mine is still sitting in my PW at HLJ.

Just sell yours to me sir. Or trade. Or both.

I'm sure I have something in the collection you might want. B))

26 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

The inner cardboard is not even laminated. 

Even if that's not sarcasm, it's still pretty funny and spot-on, I think we all for the price would have appreciated a box that was worthy of the "premium" label.

13 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i'm pretty upset, i will not support arcadia any longer. i will not tolerate this type of cardboard. i'm going all in on thievery and going KO. at least WILL have laminated cardboard. the nerve or arcadia! at least yamato web exclusives HAD white boxes with laminated cardboard. 

-entitled thief.

You're my hero.

-b.

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

It is ironic to slip "premium" on a box that is decidedly un-premium... we tried really hard on this one guys... Then we threw it in whatever we had lying around. 

That is ironic and hilarious hahaha :lol:

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

They couldn't just use the regular 1S box and slap a "Premium Finish" sticker on it? Would've been cheaper than printing all new boxes.

They are creating a new aftermarket for begrudged collectors. It's time to get extra fun money for all the unwanted standard retail packaging filling up spare closets.

16 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

They couldn't just use the regular 1S box and slap a "Premium Finish" sticker on it? Would've been cheaper than printing all new boxes.

i'm pretty upset, how dare anyone question or complain about arcadia's box choices. you should all be grateful we even have these toys. if it weren't for arcadia yamato toys would be extinct. 

don't ever question them again! those who go KO's are not true macross fans and don't care about supporting this fragile franchise. they are self centered and greedy for not wanting to pay scalper level prices.

Screw Harmony Gold,

-Old School Macross Zealot   

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

-entitled thief.

just keep it MISBISSB........problem solved thief! :good:

6 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

R2910.jpg

:rolleyes:

Can I tell you that as I typed that statement my mind went to Toynami's "Masterpiece" line. :blink:

I have to give them some credit, the packaging was innovative, too bad the toys sucked such a huge amount of @ss.

-b.

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

You're my hero.

-b.

what's going on bB)) good to see you posting =)

33 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

just keep it MISBISSB........problem solved thief! :good:

but i need to open it to feel that factory tissue paper:wub:  those KO's better have that tissue paper "shakes fist"

7 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Totally agree. I'll just have to live vicariously through the photos here, as I can't justify the cost of the premium finish version for myself. As a relatively new collector, I don't (yet) own any 1/60, and I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger on the standard finish version, as NY has a really good price on it.

Pull the trigger sir. Premium or not, you won't get disappointed owning one. ^_^ 

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah it's spendy. I got one because I don't have any 1/60 VF-1's but damn it was expensive. 

It's not too much more than a VF-31 with super parts but those are newer designs with more gimmicks and (maybe) better engineering.

Because, like I said earlier:

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Agree? ;)

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Depends on the flavor and quality of KOs released over the next few months. 

Not many will pay a hefty markup on these if they can get a "good enough" version for half the price. 

No one will pay? Are you sure? ^_^ Remember there's still someone out there whose willing to pay $750 to get a decent and new never-been-out-from-the-box Valkyrie. And that's a fact. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

-entitled thief.

Hey David! This release will get the exclusive treatment in your hand once you wrapped it in in your acrylic plastics. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Because probably blank ink is much more expensive than colored inks. Hence, the Premium Finish. ;) 

29 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

R2910.jpg

:rolleyes:

Who doesn't love Tommy Yune's artwork in those Premium packages? :rolleyes: 

4 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

but i need to open it to feel that factory tissue paper:wub:  those KO's better have that tissue paper "shakes fist"

Ha! I didn't see this one. After you're done removing the tissue paper, wrap it in acyrlic sleeves. Instant Premium for you, sir. ;)

2 hours ago, jenius said:

You'd think they would have packed it like the 30th Tuxedo Valk. That was premium packaging. 

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

$280!?  Daaaaaymn!

Hm. NY didn't use their usual tactic of inflating the price. 28600JPY is exactly what they charged for pre-orders. At today's rate, it comes to about $256US before shipping.

That's still up there, but I paid exactly $280US for my copy with shipping. I think I paid more for the Orguss in my avatar. :o I might need a new wallet saving strategy.

4 hours ago, Loop said:

I kinda like the box's minimal design, takes me back to some of the 1/48 box designs :lol:

You're right! For better or worse...:lol: Given how Arcadia has dropped the ball on other releases, I'm kind of relieved that the packaging was the only thing affected this time.