Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

1 hour ago, yman1437 said:

Thanks for the reply. I placed the order 5/20...double checked mail box,spam...nothing. did send an email to them yesterday......

Tried of opening your HLJ account? Is the item still in your order queue?

On 6/5/2017 at 11:53 PM, linitrofe said:

A bargain!!?? XD 

I paid $211 for my standard. If they really expect anyone to pay an extra $150 just for decals, they've got anoth- wait, what am I saying? This is Macross merchandise, of course we will!   

Very odd that arcadia put better artwork on the regular version than on the premium version, but oh well. Honestly now I see my focker (non premium) vs hikaru (premium) side by side from a distance I cant even make out the paintwork other than the red skull on the parts. I'd recommend if you are still looking to get a copy of the hikaru get the regular version.

1 hour ago, Astralith said:

Can someone confirm if the standard Hikaru comes with water-slide decals? 

No. The one that comes with water slide decal was the first Arcadia Roy and Hikaru releases back in 2013. Not sure if the VF-1J Aniversario comes with water slide decal too.

1 hour ago, Astralith said:

I'm pretty sure it comes with stickers like all of the Yamato/Arcadia standard releases. I don't own the regular release so maybe someone can verify.

5 hours ago, Astralith said:

Regular decals, unfortunately, but sometimes you can find water slide decals on auction sites like eBay. Here's one:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1-60-Macross-VF-1-transformation-VF-1A-S-Model-Kit-Water-Decal-/391742930246?hash=item5b35b2bd46%3Ag%3AVp8AAOSwol5Y3xxa&_trkparms=pageci%3A6c2eb579-5357-11e7-9e35-74dbd1809abe%7Cparentrq%3Ab5ffcfa415c0abc57936385cfffe36bd%7Ciid%3A9

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No. The one that comes with water slide decal was the first Arcadia Roy and Hikaru releases back in 2013. Not sure if the VF-1J Aniversario comes with water slide decal too.

Yes the 30th 1J come with both stickers and waterslides ^_^

Speaking of waterslides and stickers, has anyone tried simply photocopying a sticker sheet onto a decal sheet to create waterslides using a good printer? I'm thinking about trying since I've had good experience with homemade waterslides. Mine are all printed from files though. 

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Speaking of waterslides and stickers, has anyone tried simply photocopying a sticker sheet onto a decal sheet to create waterslides using a good printer? I'm thinking about trying since I've had good experience with homemade waterslides. Mine are all printed from files though. 

It'd be better scan the sticker sheet as hi res as you can, then clean up the image files and print them onto decal paper.

But you'll be limited by the fact that you can't print white and decal paper is either transparent or solid white. Transparent decals are really only good on white valks (which are a lot anyway) and white-backed decals are only useful for solid shapes; can't really use it for text.

Or you can invest in a specialized decal printer and go nuts printing your own decals. :)

9 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It'd be better scan the sticker sheet as hi res as you can, then clean up the image files and print them onto decal paper.

But you'll be limited by the fact that you can't print white and decal paper is either transparent or solid white. Transparent decals are really only good on white valks (which are a lot anyway) and white-backed decals are only useful for solid shapes; can't really use it for text.

Or you can invest in a specialized decal printer and go nuts printing your own decals. :)

Thanks! Always forget about that detail but yeah, mostly for the things I can print on transparent sheets. 

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

I found a site that can print decals with white ink... But theyre expensive... an 8" x 13" sheet ran me $55 shipped <_<

Expensive? That is ludicrous! I'd rather put the money towards Arcadia "Premium" versions instead if I was trying to avoid the extra cost by printing decals. 

I hope you packed that 8x13 full of decals though:D

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Expensive? That is ludicrous! I'd rather put the money towards Arcadia "Premium" versions instead if I was trying to avoid the extra cost by printing decals. 

I hope you packed that 8x13 full of decals though:D

I did :lol: i got duplicates in case I screwed up. Theyre for my YF-19 Frontier Fast Packs ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Arcadia hit a homerun with that release. ;) 

But come to think about it, how many were produced for it to have a great demand after release? Great job, Arcadia!  :good:

Now they have budget to re-release another VF-1. ^_^

I just opened my copy of the premium version and it had one side of the head lasers bent.  Never seen this before on any of my valks. I guess I'll have to heat it up some and bend them back into shape.

Edited by hkj711