Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

Got it yesterday at work. And last night I just open the box since there's some scractches and dents on it so I have to make sure that the toy boxes are safe since it came from HLJ. :rolleyes: And lo and behold, my VF-1S box has some small tear on one of the side flaps. I really don't mind it since it's just the box. Hopefully tonight I can inspect it through and through. ;)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Got it yesterday at work. And last night I just open the box since there's some scractches and dents on it so I have to make sure that the toy boxes are safe since it came from HLJ. :rolleyes: And lo and behold, my VF-1S box has some small tear on one of the side flaps. I really don't mind it since it's just the box. Hopefully tonight I can inspect it through and through. ;)

sorry to hear, hopefully they'll offer some discount for it.  that's a high cost figure and hlj should take more care in shipping stuff.

2 hours ago, linitrofe said:

Engineer?

Nope, but im close to that 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I know to some people its just a box but i really hate how they carelessly pack stuff considering they cater to collectors. 

37 minutes ago, jenius said:

I thought hlj had a good system with the way they vacuum seal things to keep them from rattling and provide space from the edges. Bummer this one went through the ringer. 

they still do that, but only for smaller items like 1 or 2 item orders.

46 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

sorry to hear, hopefully they'll offer some discount for it.  that's a high cost figure and hlj should take more care in shipping stuff.

Nah. I alerady emailed them before regarding this after I received my Figuarts Iron Man with major box dents. For them, box is just box. What matters to them is the content. If there's defect on the content then they can replace it. If none, all you do is just shake your head. Expensive or not, box is just box for HLJ. -_-

37 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I know to some people its just a box but i really hate how they carelessly pack stuff considering they cater to collectors. 

Yeah. I know HLJ's customer service is great. But the way they pack stuff, they're not even on par with AmiAmi's and Nippon-Yasan's standard. I know NY uses newspaper sometimes but those are around the item and not just on some spaces like HLJ does. They only put those air cushion bags in-between spaces. There's no cushion around the purchased items. Sad but true. <_<

32 minutes ago, jenius said:

I thought hlj had a good system with the way they vacuum seal things to keep them from rattling and provide space from the edges. Bummer this one went through the ringer. 

Nah. Surprise to see they didn't do it on this one.

Got my Hikaru today.. cant get over how ugly the box is :lol:

its the first Arcadia i mess with and wow this is really white (no pink), makes the TV "bright white" Valks look like theyve yellowed :rolleyes: Next to the DYRL ones there's a striking difference but i dont mind having Hikaru and Roy in Arcadia version. I'll take "hyper white" over busted shoulders any day of the week :)

F486F753-2EC4-4629-9558-D0A1223851E4.jpg

6494F700-EFF4-4A67-B912-4EBBC24B94AC.jpg

A483672E-1519-4507-9DBF-5AA8BC13343A.jpg

E8573900-0B1A-44F3-BFD0-EEDCE0407BB4.jpg

Strike Parts color is identical 

1022DD64-C230-4605-A14E-4B40697D9C1B.jpg

Edited by anubis20

45 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

its the first Arcadia i mess with and wow this is really white (no pink), makes the TV "bright white" Valks look like theyve yellowed :rolleyes: Next to the DYRL ones there's a striking difference but i dont mind having Hikaru and Roy in Arcadia version. I'll take "hyper white" over busted shoulders any day of the week :)

A483672E-1519-4507-9DBF-5AA8BC13343A.jpg

hey anubis20,

i'm not sure if it's my monitor, but i sorta see a purplish hint in the arcadia. are you able to do a side by side shot with a pink/purple arcadia vs. your new hikaru?

35 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Nice comparison shots Anubis.

I will likely pick one up sooner vs. later.

-b.

hey b!:) you gunning for the premium edition or the standard?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

E8573900-0B1A-44F3-BFD0-EEDCE0407BB4.jpg

I love ARCADIA white! I love HIKARU colored Valks! :wub:

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey anubis20,

i'm not sure if it's my monitor, but i sorta see a purplish hint in the arcadia. are you able to do a side by side shot with a pink/purple arcadia vs. your new hikaru?

Im gonna take a shot of it next to the Arcadia 1J. Its the only (pink) one i have.

1 hour ago, Froy said:

Gosh! This new Arcadia nuclear anti-flash white is horrible.

First time I see this 2 shades side by side.

Yea i miss the Yamato DYRL white from time to time but you get used to it.

1 hour ago, erizai said:

I like the new white ... in fact... lol

Nice shot Anubis20...:good:

Thanks! ^_^

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

As long as theyre not paired with Yamato valks they look pretty good ^_^ maybe this represents a Valk that "just came from the factory line" just like the 0D 

15 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

As long as theyre not paired with Yamato valks they look pretty good ^_^ maybe this represents a Valk that "just came from the factory line" just like the 0D 

Wait till they release all the VF-1's again in Arcadia white down the line. ^_^ 

If that happens, our wallets are all screwed. :lol:

2 hours ago, neoexcaliber said:

The premium version is coming out at the end of the month.

OK cool.  I got confused because this is the premium finish thread.  I was about to say Arcadia duped us all!

On 5/7/2017 at 8:21 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

Box damage? Discount? That will never happen brother. The most they will do, amiami's case is inform you that the box is damage and if I still want the item regardless. (Happened to me with my TF Legends Broadcast)

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm basically a low level Macross collector (HMR) but I do have single Yamato DYRL Hikaru 1/60 VF1S. The flat gray one. I would like to know if Yamato ever released this type of "white" before? Why am I asking? Please correct my hypothesis. Regardless if an item is Bandai/Takara/Yamato/Arcadia, they all use the same PVC/ABS with a different home grown recipe. Aren't you all concern of potential yellowing down the road? I like white as much as the next collector but a bunch of my TFs that have white in them are having yellow issues . Heck, even their royal blue parts are turning slight green.:(

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Well...almost embarrassed and mildly annoyed to say both. Especially since I think there should have only been 1 standard release, and that should be represented by what Arcadia is calling the "Premium" version.

I already have 'regular' Roy and I pre-ordered his 'premium' release so my OCD compels me to do the same for Hikaru. Sigh

-b.

33 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

I'm basically a low level Macross collector (HMR) but I do have single Yamato DYRL Hikaru 1/60 VF1S. The flat gray one. I would like to know if Yamato ever released this type of "white" before? Why am I asking? Please correct my hypothesis. Regardless if an item is Bandai/Takara/Yamato/Arcadia, they all use the same PVC/ABS with a different home grown recipe. Aren't you all concern of potential yellowing down the road? I like white as much as the next collector but a bunch of my TFs that have white in them are having yellow issues . Heck, even their royal blue parts are turning slight green.:(

The Yamato TV releases are white, but as far as I can compare based on pics, it is not that bright. This Arcadia seems to be a bit bright to me.

I own a VF-1S and a VF-1J.

57 minutes ago, mickyg said:

OK cool.  I got confused because this is the premium finish thread.  I was about to say Arcadia duped us all!

I thought this thread is for both versions since it has info for both in the starting post?

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

actually this thread is for both, the Special Movie Ver / Premium Finish. :p

I see that now - apologies for any confusion my comments caused! :)

I'm with B on this one - I still think all the tampo looks great and should be the new "standard" release in a lot of ways.

'Course that means that some folks might complain that it looks too busy...

I guess variety and choice is something we shouldn't exactly complain about with these toys. For me though, I can't afford or justify the cost of the full tampo'd badboy.  And that's coming from someone who spent countless days adding all sorts of water slide decals to my first Yamato 'valk.  May he rest in piec... erm, B's display cabinet. ;)

I like the blindingly bright Arcadia white. 

What would bother someone like me would be having a squadron with mismatched whites and canopy tints. Luckily I have the entire movie skull squadron from Yamato so it's not an issue for me, but for newcomers with an equal level of obsession, it may bug them. 

Here's hoping the entire squadron gets a reissue someday. 

Having TV Roy with no canopy tint still bugs me a little. <_<