Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

At this point, I'm struggling to understand what they hope to accomplish.

First, they release the bare valks, and inexplicably forget to print the ejection seat warning.. then they circulate photos of the product with that marking included, but don't do any of the other markings that Yamato tended to put on for their publicity shots..

Now they're putting out the versions with the fast packs (that pretty much everyone would have wanted to begin with <_< ), and circulating photos that look nigh identical to the old decaled Yamato publicity photos, then advertising two versions, one without extra markings (that may or may not include the ejection seat one), and one with a completely ambiguous description that could mean anything from "we included the ejection seat marking this time!" to "everything on the sticker sheet twice, plus weathering." 

Really glad I'm not in the market for any more VF-1s, because this is just getting to be a headache.

In fact, given how Yamato would retouch their own publicity photos for new releases in the past, I'm not even sure these new ads aren't just retouches of the old Yamato photoshoots.

Edited by Chronocidal

Looks like you have to order from Arcadia directly to get the premium version and based on the discount NY gives, it's gonna end up being about $100 more for the premium since I doubt Arcadia will discount it. Let's just say I still want to pay the premium for the premium version. How is the ordering process on Arcadia's site? I can't read anything on it and have a concern about ordering basically blindly there.

Just waiting for HLJ to post the normal one. I want to order it from NY but all my 'web exclusive' orders from them that will be released on that month is already paid and there will be no option for me to add it to that shipping. So I'll stick with HLJ for this for PW. ;)

23 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Judging by the photos, it feels like the FAST packs are missing markings on the Premium. Paying an extra $50-something hardly seems worth it. Also, I couldn't bring myself to pay $246 for a VF-1...

It would be great if they could give us an in between choice of an optional set of waterslide decals.

The FAST Packs in those photos have all the markings that normally come on the sticker sheet. It would be a pretty big stretch to think Arcadia would add additional markings that they don't even have on the sticker sheet imo.

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Looks like you have to order from Arcadia directly to get the premium version and based on the discount NY gives, it's gonna end up being about $100 more for the premium since I doubt Arcadia will discount it. Let's just say I still want to pay the premium for the premium version. How is the ordering process on Arcadia's site? I can't read anything on it and have a concern about ordering basically blindly there.

Paying $100 more just for extra tampo seems pretty ridiculous. I normally trim and apply the stickers myself and they come out looking just as good as the tampo. Yea it's a hell of a lot more work, but I dunno if it's $100 worth more work.

*Looks over at the VT-1 he has yet to finish stickering*

Edited by Raptor One

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

This is probably an experiment to see if arcadia can get away with charging more if they tampo all the stickers like bandai.

Yeah, I'm of similar thinking.

Far be from me to tell people what they should buy, but as someone still interested in collecting some 1/60 valks, this might set an expensive precedent that I'd prefer is not repeated (or at least I hope we'll always get the option to get "non-premium" versions).

Edited by HardlyNever

Wow :blink:

Count me in the WTF camp on Arcadia's Premium vs. Regular strategy, there'd have to be a lot more than tampo markings to justify the price. I'd also agree this could be a test case to see if there is a market to charge more for future releases that are available via normal channels. As someone else already said "so dumb".

Now I don't at all understand or get behind any complaints about the 'regular' release pricing, it's the Valk, plus Super/Strike parts and is about the same price as the DX 31. So...:p

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Now I don't at all understand or get behind any complaints about the 'regular' release pricing, it's the Valk, plus Super/Strike parts and is about the same price as the DX 31. So...:p

-b.

And for that said price, I'm still going to get a normal Hikaru release. ;)

I haven't really kept up over the past year or so since most of the Macross pre-order releases last year were hi-metal stuff or things I wasn't interested in. Prior to that in 2015, their prices were about on par with other places within a few % for Arcadia stuff. I didn't even know they got rid of the pay later option for certain pre-orders until I tried to get the VF-31J super parts and got to the payment part and thought I skipped a step.

27,864 yen is a lot to pay for the Premium version. It looks like it is only available via Arcadia as of yet.

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=241

Tentative price 27,864 yen (including tax) 
Release Date: May 2017 will be released 

※ regard "Premium Finish version" will be products of our online limited. 
※ The closing day for orders will be until 2017/2/8 (Wednesday). 
※ "Normal version" can be purchased at each retail store, net shop.

Via the Arcadia twitter feed: 

"Notice] Regarding our on-line limited exclusively "About fully transformed VF-1S strike Valkyrie (Prefecture Finish)" reservation will start from 17 o'clock today! Thank you for your cooperation. "

Edited by Loop

I go by Yen pricing as the sites conversion is not favorable. Based on Yen, NY is cheaper than AE by over 1000. ALso, I've found NY's shipping prices to be around the same or less than HLJs. Anyways, they are all pretty close in the end but if I can save $10-$20 at one spot, I will and that's always NY.

2/8 isn't that far away. Normally I'd play the wait and see game, as Yamato/Arcadia items were traditionally easy to get after the release, but I can't count on that option for this release.

Really wish we could get some official confirmation or pictures of production samples.

1 hour ago, Loop said:

Is there a thread for the standard non "Premium Version"? It looks like there is a lot of chatter in here for the standard retail release.

You are already in it. This thread is suppose to cover both versions.:p

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

And for that said price, I'm still going to get a normal Hikaru release. ;)

Fair.

Me too, I think.

As others have said N-Y has the better price, and even if it costs $ 30 or $ 40 to ship then you still make out cheaper than HLJ after shipping. Don't understand why HLJ isn't offering a pre-order discount, but because they aren't, and I'm not the biggest fan of N-Y. I'll wait to order this later or with another vendor altogether. 

-b.

13 minutes ago, neko878 said:

Just pre-ordered through NY.  First time using them.  Hope they are a reputable company.

Do they send out a payment reminder?

They're ok. Not-so-good customer service but they're accommodating when you asks inquiry.

And yes, they do send out payment reminder 2 weeks before the item gets released.

Edited by no3Ljm

Premium ver up @ NY for 28600 yen! About 10000yen more than the normal ver at NY! You have been warned......

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/19852-macross-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom-premium-finish-ver.html

Btw, is this the 1st time NY has put up Arcadia website special for P.O?

Edited by MAC-X

seeing I already have a perfectly fine Yamato Hikaru VF-1S with Super-Strike parts that this was going to be an easy pass for me. The premium versions premium price tag I think is a bit cheeky for Arcadia and certainly not worth the considerable extra. If I had to get one then the logical choice would be the premium version for its additional tampo details but at 28,600 plus around 4000 (which is the average shipping costs of late) for postage will make it an upwards of $400 (Australian dollars of course) purchase and that is simply out of the question. I can't express how disappointed I am at Arcadia for yet another frankly lackluster and unnecessary release.. I really was looking forward to what they were going to release next but being perfectly honest this totally sucks. Im hoping they are using this as a cash crab to fund development costs for a renewal SV-51 or something that is actually worthwhile! Fingers crossed..

12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Wow price is above what Arcadia listed. Yeah this definitely a pass. Not spending the cash on a vf-1 which I have many and costed half the price a few years ago. If I'm spending that kind of money it better be a new mold with a lot of bang for the buck.

yeah, it's similar to a Bandai Web exclusive where Nippon-Yasan is the proxy.  the higher cost is their service fee