Hasegawa 1/72 VF-19EF/A Isamu Special *March pre-order*

slide

Looks lovely. So gorgeous. No wonder Bandai put lots of tampo on the DX Counterpart. :wub:

3aSNrSxl.jpg

S5hhpr8l.jpg

LRk35Ytl.jpg

mRbaIvHl.jpg

nkbUvsDl.jpg

Ct92lUal.jpg

Though the gunpod looks a little bit small. :rolleyes:

It would make more sense for Isamu's to wear an SMS pilot suit for that era. Even Leon Sasaki on Macross30's wearing an SMS pilot suit. Wish the DX one has it too like an alternate pilot figure for displaying. Probably by that era, Isamu is sporting a mustache, beard or something. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm wondering if the cockpit is different at all. I don't see any changes to the instrument panels/seats to accommodate the EX Gear, but then again the pics I've looked at of the YF-19 aren't big enough for comparison. I was thinking that maybe Hasegawa included the resin cockpit parts from the VF-1EX kit.

Edited by kajnrig

3 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Are these hasegawas snap fit like the bandai gunpla models? I'm assuming a lot of work needs to be done for it to look decent?

Nope, it requires model cement.

However i wouldnt shy away from it, its just a matter of glue and following the instructions. And you can even hand paint it. 
Hasegawa has a reputation of releasing nice fighter models so even a basic build can look cool on the shelf.

Patience and time is what's needed....

7 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Are these hasegawas snap fit like the bandai gunpla models? I'm assuming a lot of work needs to be done for it to look decent?

No. They're not as snap fit like Gunpla. You really need cement to secure them together and paint to add details to it. They're not as cross-injection like Gunplas where they have multiple colors in one sprue. Most Hasegawa kits comes in 2-3 colors only. 

• 2 weeks later...

Now if they'd just upscale this to release it in 1/48th... ^_^ 

I'm still waiting for a matching YF-21 though, they really need to get on that.

I might wind up getting one of these, but I don't know if I'd build it in the SMS markings, or just use the fast packs for a loaded Macross Plus version.

5 hours ago, ivorysniper said:

Box Art is now out !!!

65839.jpg

"Ikuze Kawaiiko-chan. Yahooooo!" - Isamu

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Now if they'd just upscale this to release it in 1/48th... ^_^ 

I'm still waiting for a matching YF-21 though, they really need to get on that.

I might wind up getting one of these, but I don't know if I'd build it in the SMS markings, or just use the fast packs for a loaded Macross Plus version.

Yeah, I really want it in 1/48 scale. ^_^

Buy two instead. One with SMS markings and one for loaded Macross Plus version. And cheaper too. Win-Win, right? :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

payed for mine.

I love the private warehouse feature!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got mine in the mail a few days ago, looks like it's gonna be a great build! :D Gonna be doing mine up in her Plus appearance with the gray FAST Pack (painting the shoulder missiles and boosters gray as well) so I was real pleasantly surprised to find the Plus-era pilots on the sprues. I'd already consigned myself to just painting the SMS pilot in Isamu's old colors!

• 3 months later...

Ooh. That's nice. I see the VT-1 and VE-1 are coming back in October, as well. Gonna have to give HLJ an email, see if they're taking orders.

EDIT:

Huh. Going to their December release page, I don't see the VF-19EF/A listed. The VF-31C is there, and in the October page the VE-1 and VT-1 are there (as well as the 35th Anniversary VF-1J).

December: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201712/

October: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201710/

EDIT again:

Oh derp derp, that's because it's on the November page. November 29, 2017.

November: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201711/

Edited by kajnrig

Sorry, should have clarified that, eh? ;)

The Vernier on the Super Parts for the VF-1 have always been way too shallow and weirdly shaped, in my opinion.  Many have opted for Kotobukiya replacement parts as an upgrade for them. I'd hoped the re-release would address this shape issue but from the pics, they're the same old thing.

Edited by mickyg

Oh, I see. You mean something more like the Super VF-25 verniers, right? That stick out more prominently.

10343500a5.jpg

Me, having grown up staring at the Hasegawa version of the VF-1, their Super pack is sort of the default look in my mind now, so I'm always taken back a bit when I see other kits/toys with more definition to the vernier thruster bells.

Precisely!  I need to find a good pic of the difference though. I guess if you look at the Bandai HM-R or YamCadia 1/60 super parts, it becomes a bit more clear.  Actually, even the Hasegawa 1/48 kits seem to get it more "right" than the 1/72 kits do.

Just realised this is the VF-19 thread though.  Oops...

15 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Ooh. That's nice. I see the VT-1 and VE-1 are coming back in October, as well. Gonna have to give HLJ an email, see if they're taking orders.

EDIT:

Huh. Going to their December release page, I don't see the VF-19EF/A listed. The VF-31C is there, and in the October page the VE-1 and VT-1 are there (as well as the 35th Anniversary VF-1J).

December: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201712/

October: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201710/

EDIT again:

Oh derp derp, that's because it's on the November page. November 29, 2017.

November: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/201711/

That's great. I've been meaning to pick up a spare VE-1 and VT-1 (to use with custom Hasegawa decal sets I got a while back) but I've never been able to find them at a nice price online since they went OOP.

12 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Oh, I see. You mean something more like the Super VF-25 verniers, right? That stick out more prominently.

10343500a5.jpg

Me, having grown up staring at the Hasegawa version of the VF-1, their Super pack is sort of the default look in my mind now, so I'm always taken back a bit when I see other kits/toys with more definition to the vernier thruster bells.

Unless I'm mistaken, aren't the Hasegawa vernier thrusters accurate to the movie? They aren't bell-shaped in DYRL. Unless I'm missing something.

ve1_dyrl_1235_to_1237.png

VT-1Jstill1.png