Hasegawa 1/72 VF-19EF/A Isamu Special *March pre-order*

slide

YF-19 fastpacks is an acceptable concession as long as one happens sometime down the line...

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Wait, I thought the Frontier version was called the ADVANCE a la the Bandai toy. I'm guessing they changed it in canon?

Also, I'm still gonna get it, but do the packs look off to anyone else? Are those two small bits forward of the shoulders present on the YF?

Yeah. I think the /A still meant ADVANCE. Those shoulder bit should be up to the shoulder joint pivot like in the DX figure.

chogokin-vf-19_5.jpg

Hasegawa's has it more longer.

hsg65836_1_1484288070.jpg

Hasegawa has taken liberties before *cough*TVSDF-1*cough* so it's not a huge surprise.

Still it looks like a pretty nice kit. I'd totally grab one if I had any space to display 1/72 models (display space all filled with DX'es and other models and all macross quarantines to man-cave by wife) 

Hm. I went back to the Sayonara no Tsubasa scene and it actually looks like the in-movie model is more in line with the Hasegawa kit lineart than the DX. The shoulder bits are hard to tell, but they do wrap over the shoulder pivot points. The booster packs are also slimmer than they appear on the DX. (Look at the distance from booster to SMS logo on the wing.)

Thanks for the pic, wmkjr. I totally forgot about that scan. It seems the shape of the Hasegawa kit's implementation is completely wrong, too. Shame about that, but I suppose it doesn't matter much regardless of which version you're hoping to build (VF-19EF/A because it had such limited screen-time, or YF-19 because those parts don't exist on it).

In other developments:

VF-0A/S w/Ghost

and

SV-51r w/Twin Booster

to be reissued...

guess it's a good thing I didn't pay the $100+ asking prices on certain online sites.

Yeah, I'm not sure if the name is supposed to be "you can build either the VF-19A or the VF-19EF" (which could be true for the former as its differences are internal, but not for the latter as it has very obvious external differences from the YF-19/VF-19A airframe) or "you can build the VF-19EF/A, which is the new name of the VF-19ADVANCE, and either has nothing to do with the VF-19EF at all or was heavily modified from a VF-19EF."

I suppose that second possibility makes more sense, and the second possibility within that makes most sense given the production history of the VF-19EF. Isamu takes an existing VF-19EF from SMS, modifies it to look like the YF-19/VF-19A and incorporate VF-25 Super Packs, and the resulting custom gets re-designated the VF-19EF/A (for Advance).

In that regard it's like a VF-19ACTIVE? Both are singular, ace custom modified VF-19EFs, but whereas the ACTIVE simply gets called the VF-19ACTIVE, the Advance keeps the VF-19EF name, just appending /A to it.

Edited by kajnrig

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, the backstory of Isamu's ride is that it's a heavily modified/customized VF-19EF model like the others owned by SMS.  Isamu made the tweaks specifically to restore it back to the shape of his original YF-19, and restored some of the original high performance features that were nixed for mass production.  Hence, it's an "advanced" version of the EF model.

Glad to see they molded the shoulder packs correctly though.  Wish Bandai had cared about that more, and bothered to do something with them besides have them snap on.

On 1/13/2017 at 1:40 PM, no3Ljm said:

hsg65836_1_1484288070.jpg

Looking at those forward shoulder parts again, are they supposed to be missile launchers like the ones that hang from the top chest/shoulders on the VF-25? On the DX Advance they're just depicted as armor pieces, but the line art (more so the Hasegawa one than the CG model profile) suggests a door with a hinge on the back... I doubt they would articulate, though. Maybe they'll provide options to build them closed or open... if they're even missile launchers at all.

On 1/14/2017 at 10:05 PM, Chronocidal said:

You know what though, Hasegawa hadn't released a Macross Plus YF-19 with fast packs yet.  Just leave off the wing boosters and new shoulder packs, and that's pretty much what you have here. :)

that's why I ordered 3 :D

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Looking at those forward shoulder parts again, are they supposed to be missile launchers like the ones that hang from the top chest/shoulders on the VF-25? On the DX Advance they're just depicted as armor pieces, but the line art (more so the Hasegawa one than the CG model profile) suggests a door with a hinge on the back... I doubt they would articulate, though. Maybe they'll provide options to build them closed or open... if they're even missile launchers at all.

I think they're supposed to be missile packs, but I can't confirm.

if they are missile pods, it would be nice to be able to open them up.

On 1/18/2017 at 6:32 AM, kajnrig said:

Here's TREX's take (For the Arcadia YF-19).

Edited by wmkjr

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

For the price they are asking, this definitely includes the VF-19

Agreed. Think of this as a limited edition kit similar to the "VF-0A/S w/ Ghost" that is getting a re-issue. It's an existing mold (1/72 VF-0S or YF-19) repackaged with new parts and/or decals (Ghost + 0A head; Fast/Advanced Pack) to make a new kit.

Hasegawa often re-releases scale aircraft kits in this limited edition fashion to account for various countries' various squadrons' various markings.

Judging from the photos showing the sprue and parts, Hasegawa can easily swap out the wing booster sprue for a fold booster conversion like in Macross Plus episode 4! Come on Hasegawa! Do it!

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65836/

I got 3 as well:

1 for Isamu's VF-19EF/A, 1 for the YF-19 with Fastpacks from Macross Plus, and one for a custom Paint scheme VF-19EF/A.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Why 3, if I may ask?

For the price I figured why not, plus after owning the Bandai DX toy the VF-19 looks awesome with the boosters! I plan on making one as Isamu's VF-19 while the other two will most likely be Low Vis paint schemes. Either a US Navy style or similar to the VF-25 Cannon fodders. B))