Please post Bugs and Forum Feedback here

Shawn

8 hours ago, Sildani said:

I just noticed in my profile the heading “days won: 3”. What’s that about please?

If you hover your mouse on the Days Won area, it will show:

"The number of times (your username) had the most number of content likes for a day."

• 4 months later...

Ever since last weekend's update, I can't seem to navigate to specific pages of a given thread. Even if I select, say, page 3 of 4, nothing happens. I also had trouble posting in a thread earlier today: as soon as I clicked Submit Reply, it said "saving" for almost 30 minutes and I had to refresh manually to see my post.

Could you please check your Theme? (link at the bottom of the page)
Currently 100% functional is MWDark_Current, others are a bit wonky.
Every release breaks functionality in previous versions, quite frustrating, I'm sorry.
Looked at the server logs for the last few days and nothing seems out of place, but can continue to monitor.
Please Let me know!

10 hours ago, Shawn said:

Could you please check your Theme? (link at the bottom of the page)
Currently 100% functional is MWDark_Current, others are a bit wonky.
Every release breaks functionality in previous versions, quite frustrating, I'm sorry.
Looked at the server logs for the last few days and nothing seems out of place, but can continue to monitor.
Please Let me know!

Tried all three themes, but no success. And I'm using Chrome, too!

Will try with Brave later and report.

*Edit*

Brave works like a charm.

Edited by captain america

This is probably an issue with the latest Chrome for Android build rather than the site, but typing has become very laggy on mobile devices and will sometimes outright cause the browser tab to lock up.

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a lot of talk about the anonymous voting feature for posts at least in the Toy section where I roam. The feature seems useless unless it shows everyone who voted what, otherwise it's mostly a trolling tool where people are downvoting posts in secret. I recommend the feature be removed completely or add the function where it can show who is behind the votes.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, SMS007 said:

Am I just stupid or is there no way for a regular user to change the title of a thread they created?

I would like to adjust "webseries" to "streaming series".

Actually, you can. In order to do that, you have to go back to your first post and edit it. You'll see the title box above.

1197186458_ScreenShot2018-10-11at8_52_50AM.png.bd805d23ca93ab9081436c11a8a2d68c.png

Hope that helps.

• 9 months later...

I've just had a run-in with a bug @pengbuzz commented on the other day.

Posts seem to occasionally disappear and reappear, causing people to post the same post again.  The Newbie and Short Questions thread's recent posts from this morning/last night have an example of this.

I've also noticed, on occasion, that on hitting the Submit Reply button the contents of the message are posted but also remain in the editor.

• 1 month later...

I have noticed a bug. While on my iPad and only on this forum, when I am in a topic thread and go to a different page in the thread (start on page 12 and then go to page 11) when I hit my back button to return to the original page (page 12) the current page loads again instead of returning to the previous page. Hitting back again only returns me to the sub-forum.

Example: Hypoyhetical page numbers ect:

Toys sub forum

Topic thread Arcadia Sv-51 pages 1-57 => view last page (57)

while reading I want to see info that was posted on the previous page (56) so I select it 

after I finish review what I wanted on page 56 I hit the back button on my browser to return to page 57 but the forum just reloads page 56. Hit back button again I am returned to the toys sub forum.

Just want to clarify this happens in any/every thread in any/every sub forum and is not localized to toys. Never had this problem before until a few months ago, maybe longer.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

On 9/18/2019 at 4:01 AM, wmkjr said:

Dunno if it's a bug but tried to attach a jpg file.  3.3MB in size 4237 x 3506 pixels. Got a -200 code pop up. Is there a size limit?

I have that happen from time to time too.

• 3 months later...
On 9/18/2019 at 1:01 AM, wmkjr said:

Dunno if it's a bug but tried to attach a jpg file.  3.3MB in size 4237 x 3506 pixels. Got a -200 code pop up. Is there a size limit?

On 9/19/2019 at 7:07 PM, Dobber said:

I have that happen from time to time too.

Just had that happen 4 times in a row.

The image I tried to upload was only 2.1 MB, which isn't all that big.

Perhaps the server ran out of space?

UPDATE: It might indeed be a size limit - I turned down the resolution on the JPEG so that the pic was only about 350Kb and the upload went through.

Edited by Mazinger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/4/2020 at 4:31 AM, Mazinger said:

Just had that happen 4 times in a row.

The image I tried to upload was only 2.1 MB, which isn't all that big.

Perhaps the server ran out of space?

UPDATE: It might indeed be a size limit - I turned down the resolution on the JPEG so that the pic was only about 350Kb and the upload went through.

I tried that but even at 330kb it still wouldn't upload but a random 410kb would <_<

• 2 weeks later...

argh, sorry, I think I did a PHP upgrade recently and I bet some upload settings go set to default

I'll check on them this week and verify. 

I think the forum also had some sort of picture size (pixel) limitation like 1920x1080 or something. Will see if I can loosen that up if the problem lies there.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This thread was originally posted in the Toy forum: Who Can Guess What This Is/What It Does?

That thread was moved but ever since it was moved the links at the bottom of the threads in the Toy forum always show "NEXT UNREAD TOPIC" as available but when you click it and you've already read all the other actual unread threads, this shows up:

Sorry, there is a problem

There are no unread content items.

Error code: 2S136/J

Can this be fixed so that the 'NEXT UNREAD TOPIC" link goes away like it used to? Thank you!

Edit: Also a related issue is the Toy forum constantly has the "NEW" tag, indicating there is a new post even when there isn't seemingly because of the moved thread.

Edited by Slave IV

On 9/12/2020 at 10:33 PM, Tober said:

The last time I received an email notification of a forum topic reply was about a week ago. This has happened on another forum I regularly get notifications from too. Is this a forum setting or something at my end..? :unsure:

I'm having exactly the same problem. It's been at least a week since I've received any notifications (messages, mentions, posts in subscribed threads, the works). First time it's happened to me since I joined MW in 2000/2001.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:43 AM, Slave IV said:

This thread was originally posted in the Toy forum: Who Can Guess What This Is/What It Does?

That thread was moved but ever since it was moved the links at the bottom of the threads in the Toy forum always show "NEXT UNREAD TOPIC" as available but when you click it and you've already read all the other actual unread threads, this shows up:

Sorry, there is a problem

There are no unread content items.

Error code: 2S136/J

Can this be fixed so that the 'NEXT UNREAD TOPIC" link goes away like it used to? Thank you!

Edit: Also a related issue is the Toy forum constantly has the "NEW" tag, indicating there is a new post even when there isn't seemingly because of the moved thread.

Can you give me a screen shot or two? I'm not seeing that behavior in desktop chrome

On 9/12/2020 at 9:33 PM, Tober said:

The last time I received an email notification of a forum topic reply was about a week ago. This has happened on another forum I regularly get notifications from too. Is this a forum setting or something at my end..? :unsure:

I am getting messenger notifications,but i've not tried to subscribe to a forum topic in quite some time
I changed a notfication setting so maybe that will flush it out

On 9/29/2020 at 6:25 AM, Shawn said:

I am getting messenger notifications,but i've not tried to subscribe to a forum topic in quite some time
I changed a notfication setting so maybe that will flush it out

It seems to be something to do with Hotmail. I changed to another email account and everything seems to be working again. I wasn't able to then change back to Hotmail as I couldn't receive the update confirmation email.