Please post Bugs and Forum Feedback here

Shawn

Had to sign in again today myself, and now the text alignments are all wonky and there are some missing background colors, like on the "back to [Category]" buttons in the mobile view.

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Had to sign in again today myself, and now the text alignments are all wonky and there are some missing background colors, like on the "back to [Category]" buttons in the mobile view.

Yeah, there seems to be an issue with the style sheets. At least on my browser (Opera V 47.0.2631.71 ). The newer versions of Opera are using the Chromium engine so I assume the same issue must be present on the Chromium derivatives:

css_error.thumb.png.2afb06161c48b50f7f185c7594543090.png

I'll throw in with these guys.  Both mobile and desktop are now extremely difficult to read/navigate due to change in fonts and colors either being too bright or impossible to read.

Plus I can no longer stay logged in either on the desktop or mobile sites.

Edited by Mommar

Weirdly, persistent login is still working for me on some devices, but not others... my laptop doesn't seem to be having any problem with it, but all my mobile devices won't stay logged in.

I'll second what everyone's saying about themes though, the only one that seems to be working correctly is the Default theme.  Both MWDark and MWDefaultWhiteBlue have a lot of missing images and incorrect formatting now.

I'm very much getting quite tired of IPB changes ALWAYS, and I repeat ALWAYS breaking skins/css themes...its like they break things just to keep the people fixing these things busy.

Last night it barked at me doing a security update, which I did, and it bumped us an entire revision and pow, things are broken.

I am very sorry everyone, I'll address the theme fixes over this weekend.

Shawn

The 73rd birthday countdown is just a fun light-hearted Macross-related riddle for those who have been monitoring recent events, will remove it later tonight.

Saw a 'countdown' feature in the new theme update, and wanted to see what it did/looked like.

Will update the other skin headers/logos and other issues tonight as well.

:)

Thanks for your patience with these things

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

The 73rd birthday countdown is just a fun light-hearted Macross-related riddle for those who have been monitoring recent events, will remove it later tonight.

Saw a 'countdown' feature in the new theme update, and wanted to see what it did/looked like.

Will update the other skin headers/logos and other issues tonight as well.

:)

Thanks for your patience with these things

Maybe use it for toy releases?

You're doing great, Shawn. It's much appreciated.

A couple bugs:

1) Can't login on mobile, says my browser (Android, Chrome) doesn't support cookies. I've been able to log in before.

2) I'm getting a buzzing sound whenever scrolling the forum. Other tabs/websites have no problem, just this board. It sounds a little bit like coil whine, just lower-pitched, and again, it only happens when I scroll (either with the scroll wheel or with the arrows) and only on this forum.

Not sure if that second is something to do with the board, though. I'm of half a mind that it's just my monitor's speakers going after all these years (I think... 10+ years now?).

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

Ahaha! I got it now! And here I thought it was the 73rd day of the year (it is) but something else is supposed to happen at this time March 14, 2021.

This timer feature would be good for releases. Could multiple timers appear and/or made for each section (one for toys, models, media etc.)?

Edit: Timer only appears using the MW Dark_Default though. It's not visible in the others or am I not looking in the right area?

Edited by wmkjr

Using MW Dark_Default. There is a section on top that says complete profile and shows 0%. Clicked button and it sends me to a 2 step process where the 1st is to enter old your MW profile/post count. I didn't have one so I click the skip this step. Step 2 goes to saved but process still shows up at 0%.  I just ended up hitting the dismiss button. Is the profile process longer than the 2 steps or did I miss something?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, treatment said:

You guys doing any updates/upgrades right now?

Forum is very laggy as of this posting.

Even more laggy when trying to log in.

There's been a bit of on-and-off lag lately, it doesn't seem connected to anything in particular...

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

I noticed that posted times only show the date and not the minutes or hours ago.

That's an eccentricity of the forum software's time display format when it rolls over to a new year.  

It'll straighten itself out once your time zone crosses midnight, IIRC.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sildani said:

I just noticed in my profile the heading “days won: 3”. What’s that about please?

My understanding is that that's the number of days on which you were the member who received the greatest number of reputation points (upvotes).