Please post Bugs and Forum Feedback here

Shawn

Did something happen to the "pinned" or "sticky" threads in the Toys section? It seems to have disappeared. Any other section having that issue?

Edit:

I was looking for the "Toy Release" thread (I think it was from Grand Cannon) and remember it being a sticky. I also didn't see the how to post format sticky from EXO

Edited by wmkjr

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Shawn said:

We cleaned up some posts that were pinned for years...just stale. If they prove useful, please send me the direct link and I can re-pin

Shawn

Thank you for the reply. Here are the links for the Macross toy release and How to post a new toy threads as I think both would be great sources for members that are new to the toy collecting side.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29393-macross-toy-releases/

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/31677-how-to-post-a-new-toy-thread/

4 hours ago, juice14 said:

Hi.... err quick question how do new users sign up? option seems to have gone missing?

New registrations have been temporarily suspended until we resolve some lingering bugs and issues.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Shawn. Site gonna get some getting used to. I noticed, no signatures now? Also I I think my join date is wrong. When I check my profile, it shows 2003. I could have sworn it was older. I was one of the few that were there from the beginning. On the old forums in my signature it showed when. Could you please update that for me? Aloha, Wade.

• 3 weeks later...

When I hop to the forums I see the ability for existing users to sign in but I don't see the link for new users to sign up. How do new users sign up? Has enrollment dropped off since the latest upgrade? I received an email from someone saying they were trying to become an MWF member but were having no luck.

Hi Shawn, I was wondering if there was an easy way to add back in the "viewed" counter on uploaded pics?  Not a huge deal, I just found it fun in the past to see how many people had looked at the pics I post. 

regards, and thanks for all the work on the site!

Wes

• 3 weeks later...

I know this may be a long shot, but could the broken links in this pinned thread be restored?  If not could at least the VF-2SS links and the Hasegawa/Bandai GBP kit bash be restored?  I'm them as reference points to a couple of projects I currently have.  Thanks!

While using the search feature. After inputting the initial search, waiting for the search timer to clear,  and then using "search titles containing words" it would go back to the search timer wait page after clicking on the next page in the search results.  

I seem to keep getting a weird... SOMETHING where my scroll wheel will stop working randomly. Usually it happens when I navigate from any subforum to a thread; suddenly I'll lose middle wheel scrolling ability for the entire forum on that tab. Middle-click to scroll still works, scrolling on other tabs still works, etc. Going to a different website on the same tab restores scrolling, and going from that other website back to MWF likewise restores scrolling... until I go to a thread and (sometimes) the scrolling stops again.

It's not a big issue by any means, just a strange thing that happens only on this forum. I've had it happen on multiple computers; in one instance the Backspace key on my main computer became nonfunctional as well.

One thing I noticed recently is that when there's new comment in threads usually the title is in Bold letters. I dive in on one thread and when I click the previous link crumb (not the browser's back button), the rest of unread bold lettered thread is back to being regular letter meaning it was already been read.

Is new user registration disabled?  There are some people on a Macross facebook group I'm on who are saying they can't register because it's saying new user registration is closed on MW.

On 3/13/2017 at 9:09 AM, jenius said:

When I hop to the forums I see the ability for existing users to sign in but I don't see the link for new users to sign up. How do new users sign up? Has enrollment dropped off since the latest upgrade? I received an email from someone saying they were trying to become an MWF member but were having no luck.

As Setó pointed out...

Edited by jenius

• 2 weeks later...

The news digest I receive is not indented enough on the right side, so its wider than I can view.

I'm using Yahoo Mail and there is no way to view the right hand side of posts.

Is it just me?

Thx! 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this was posted before but how do we delete images and/or albums that we created in the gallery? I took a picture of a box because I couldn't upload the image when I was trying to send a pic in PM.  The option was not available as it only had add image from gallery and add from url.  I created an album in the gallery but now i can't delete it. I can go to a pic and use the manage pic to delete the image attachment but a title is required to save changes. It would be nice to have just a delete button. 

Also, does the program rescale the album cover pics? I noticed some of the album cover pics are blurry in the preview page but are normal when opened.

Question regarding the forum themes options. I'm currently using the 'Default' theme settings just to keep the page clean for my eye. I know, I know. I'm getting old and I find the other themes kind of busy and dark. ;)

Anyways, what kind of restrictions does the settings have when let's say one member posted some white texts on his post when using the new themes such as the MWDefaultWhiteBlue or MWDark? Would that translate white colored text too in 'Default' mode? Or would settings automatically recolor it to match the end-user's settings option?

Here's an example. Jenius post on the Wanted section.

Here it is on what I'm using which is the 'Default' theme:
Theme-Default.thumb.png.3f14252c6f10b43b5ffae0d3a96c4382.png

Here it is in MWDefaultWhiteBlue:
Theme-MWDefaultWhiteBlue.thumb.png.8bcceb1387c871211fc875e49a289b55.png

And here it is using the newly redesigned board theme, the MWDark:
Theme-MWDark.thumb.png.45b0b746bd613c95d025af9e2e5dd6b9.png

I guess, it's the same as well for PM since some member mentioned while replying on one of my PM's saying why I'm using white text on white background knowing that I just change the font without changing the color of the text. Sorry, I just love Verdana font on mine. ;) 

Is there a way automatically change the color of the fonts depending on which theme you're using? Or it's more on forced use the MWDark theme from now on?

Thanks in advance. :)

Now that's funny!

By they way, got mine resolved. Seems to have been a caching, plus Google data optimisation routine in my Chrome browser issue. 

Everything loads and looks ok, now that I've turned the optimisation off. Only saved about 25% apparently anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed recently that I can't stay logged in to the site on multiple devices at the same time any more. The last few days every time I log in on my phone it logs me out on my computer and vice-versa. Anyone have any suggestions?

38 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I've noticed recently that I can't stay logged in to the site on multiple devices at the same time any more. The last few days every time I log in on my phone it logs me out on my computer and vice-versa. Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you using different browsers on those devices (e.g. Firefox on one and Chrome on the other)?

I had the same problem when I was using Chrome on one machine and the company-mandated nonsense that is Microsoft Edge on the other.  When I switched to Chrome on both it stopped happening.

10 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Firefox on the PC and whatever the default browser is on galaxy phones.

Yeah, that'll do it.  The default Android web browser on Android 4.4 and beyond is Chrome for Mobile, and earlier versions use a Chrome derivative based on the Blink engine.  I've found if you use one of those setting sync features like Firefox and Chrome both have, the logins on one device seem to be portable to several other devices simultaneously.  Using Firefox for Mobile on your phone may solve the problem.

I think it's something with the IPS session manager.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Myself, too.

There was also a "Next Step: Optional Profile Information" pop-up at the top, that wouldn't resolve (perpetually at "Your profile is 0% complete").  Only clicking the 'dismiss' option has made it go away.

The themes (or at least the one labelled "default") also appear to have been changed.

Edited by sketchley