1/6 VF-1 Valkyrie cockpit speaker

Vi-RS

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Guess who’s finally coming to the party!

37DBDF24-02A1-4A0D-A17B-CCF72B88D78D.jpeg

454EE3E6-E7C7-4AAC-900F-DEBF21A26901.jpeg

Nice! :good: Would love to have one too. :wub:

Sad to say, it’s BW turn to sue HG. They approved branding this figure as Hikaru. Oh oh. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. :acute:

Just got mine (Hikaru)
It does have "Hikaru Ichijo" written on the box with Macross logo on front. Has Rick Hunter and Robotech logo on the back.

The whole body is soft over skeleton, so I'm guessing it's silicon body. Articulation is not bad, but won't stay in position due to soft joints

Inside box

46220253284_a10734a1fc_b.jpg

Head close up

46030854905_15bd4f0f06_c.jpg

Helmet inside detail

46030854835_46edb2df1d_c.jpg

Edited by kyekye

6 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

Is he poseable?

Maybe you missed this portion of his post.

20 minutes ago, kyekye said:

The whole body is soft over skeleton, so I'm guessing it's silicon body. Articulation is not bad, but won't stay in position due to soft joints

the first items in the packaging picture is all there is.

1 body 1 helmet 3 hands.  No base no space parts.

I tried to see if I can swap the head from fixed pose version that came with the cockpit, but didn't work.

The heads come out, but they have different ball size joint. Very strange why they didn't make it the same...

Oh, BTW the body does seem the same size as fixed pose one. So you can probably put this new guy in the cockpit, but he will most likely pop-out due to pelvis joint and backpack.

Edited by kyekye

17 minutes ago, kyekye said:

the first items in the packaging picture is all there is.

1 body 1 helmet 3 hands.  No base no space parts.

I tried to see if I can swap the head from fixed pose version that came with the cockpit, but didn't work.

The heads come out, but they have different ball size joint. Very strange why they didn't make it the same...

Oh, BTW the body does seem the same size as fixed pose one. So you can probably put this new guy in the cockpit, but he will most likely pop-out due to pelvis joint and backpack.

Are you planning on reaching out to them since the promo pics comes with some parts that wasn't included in the package?

7 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I would say bait and switch but I think there is another term for this situation. Perhaps we will get some better poseable figures during Wonder Festival in a few weeks.

False Advertising?

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

False Advertising?

Yeah that would be it. Something along the lines of not fulfilling pre-order promises. Pretty rare to see these days. Especially when this company seems to be putting out quality products. Wasn't the figure supposed to be able to fit in the cockpit originally?

7 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Yeah that would be it. Something along the lines of not fulfilling pre-order promises. Pretty rare to see these days. Especially when this company seems to be putting out quality products. Wasn't the figure supposed to be able to fit in the cockpit originally?

I'm not sure if that's the case since I don't have the speaker and I just want to buy the stand-alone figure when it becomes available. But from what I remember them saying is that the poseable figure will not fit in the said cockpit that's why they made a static seat pose figure. Also, even if it do fit, I will advise not put it there for a long period of time. From the looks of it, the cloth is made of pleather. That is always the major flaw in these 1/6 scaled figure. With pleather it will always disintegrate in time. So leaving it sitting down, it will leave marks or creases on areas that are folded or bend. So it's better to leave the static one in the cockpit.

It's one of those " Actual product maybe different" category. They also made some changes to the cockpit itself, too.

Probably they will improve it and add extra items that's left out and sell as separate package.

This one is nice, but does look like prototype.

If there is demand, they will make it.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure if that's the case since I don't have the speaker and I just want to buy the stand-alone figure when it becomes available. But from what I remember them saying is that the poseable figure will not fit in the said cockpit that's why they made a static seat pose figure. Also, even if it do fit, I will advise not put it there for a long period of time. From the looks of it, the cloth is made of pleather. That is always the major flaw in these 1/6 scaled figure. With pleather it will always disintegrate in time. So leaving it sitting down, it will leave marks or creases on areas that are folded or bend. So it's better to leave the static one in the cockpit.

I forgot about that whole not leaving the figure in one pose with these modern figures. Hot Toys usually has that in the instructions as well. Still, I wanted a Lisa and Minmay figure so I could pose either one on the edge of the seat.

1 hour ago, kyekye said:

It's one of those " Actual product maybe different" category. They also made some changes to the cockpit itself, too.

Probably they will improve it and add extra items that's left out and sell as separate package.

This one is nice, but does look like prototype.

If there is demand, they will make it.

Yeah but this is actually showing items and not receiving them in the final product. That's different from the look of a product changing slightly.

Honestly it's the first time I see that photo, They've shown different images of various stages of prototyping.

I'm not trying to defend them or anything, but the official photo when I placed my pre-order was this...

official.PNG.b80e7e97d46468c4d9a2e29756a7dad9.PNG

1 hour ago, kyekye said:

Honestly it's the first time I see that photo, They've shown different images of various stages of prototyping.

I'm not trying to defend them or anything, but the official photo when I placed my pre-order was this...

official.PNG.b80e7e97d46468c4d9a2e29756a7dad9.PNG

Aren’t some of the helmet options already included with the sitting resin Hikaru? I honestly don’t remember if they do but I will have to go through the box to verify this.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:53 AM, JetJockey said:

I would say bait and switch but I think there is another term for this situation. Perhaps we will get some better poseable figures during Wonder Festival in a few weeks.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:02 AM, no3Ljm said:

False Advertising?

I believe the preferred modern vernacular is "Campaign Promises" :rofl:

On 2/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Aren’t some of the helmet options already included with the sitting resin Hikaru? I honestly don’t remember if they do but I will have to go through the box to verify this.

I don't remember other helmet parts. Only 2 Arm parts.

I think we are mixing up 2 products here.

I guess their original plan was to release 1/6 scale figure separately - And include the base figure in the cockpit as a first release bonus.

Because they didn't include the Max action figure in his cockpit and the same case for Roy.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

IMG_1865.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

tPOOaSox.jpg

IMG_7758-808x1024.jpg

Several of the promo shots included the "Space use" helmet...also, the flight suit without the "elvis collar"....

Also, I always imagined the flight suits being made of cloth materials...not latex! :girl_devil:

I remember that Space use helmet and collar. What happened to it? Did they actually changed it without informing customers? :unknw:

It’s Robotech. Do we really need to expect that much? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I remember that Space use helmet and collar. What happened to it? Did they actually changed it without informing customers? :unknw:

It’s Robotech. Do we really need to expect that much? :rolleyes:

Well....in all fairness.....the actual cockpit is pure win....Robotech or not....which I think is why it makes it odd that they decided to cut corners on the 1/6 figure....can it even wear the helmet or can it just hold it? Also does the face sculpt look different on the final product?

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Well....in all fairness.....the actual cockpit is pure win....Robotech or not....which I think is why it makes it odd that they decided to cut corners on the 1/6 figure....can it even wear the helmet or can it just hold it? Also does the face sculpt look different on the final product?

You’re right. The face kinda look different. And it doesn’t have that small hair part, so this figure probably just holds the helmet and not wearing it. :unsure:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

You’re right. The face kinda look different. And it doesn’t have that small hair part, so this figure probably just holds the helmet and not wearing it. :unsure:

And yet...if released as is....would we buy it?

It would be the only 1/6 Hikaru in town.....perhaps on deep discount? ;)

It probably would not be less than the MSRP on the upcoming KC 1/12 Hikaru.

The dead expression on the face, especially the eyes, somewhat reminds me of Elijah Wood's Frodo Baggins.....after being wrapped up by the giant spider...

0ACBQ2k.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

And yet...if released as is....would we buy it?

It would be the only 1/6 Hikaru in town.....perhaps on deep discount? ;)

Remember those heavy discounted prices of the Pop Hikaru figures at the Robotech Store? If it’s like that, then yes. :rolleyes: