1/6 VF-1 Valkyrie cockpit speaker

Vi-RS

After seeing what this Chinese company has been able to do with the VF-1 cockpit....

As long as it is high quality......I'd take this as a.......veritech...... :ph34r:

Bandai does not need to be our only hope....more companies making awesome stuff based on Macross is a good thing, no? :rolleyes:

100% Yes! I mean, why stop buying just because it says Robotech/HG when the item looks perfectly nice. I understand if it is cheap-looking like Toynami. But man, the effort they put on those just to make it look gorgeous. I'm really in if I could really afford one. But that Rick figure, I'm already in. :wub:

attachicon.gifIMG_1668.JPG

Just give us this toy already.

Yes, it's the same 1/6th scale. I'll probably get that one instead. With or without the LEDs and Speakers. Would I still get it even if it has an etched HG logo underneath? Heck, yeah! ^_^

My only concern whether it will have Big West or Harmony Gold logo underneath, is just make it affordable. :rolleyes:

The only word to describe that cockpit is breathtaking. If the mass production versions can maintain the amount of painted details as this prototype, I'd seriously considering buying one. Harmony Gold royalties be damned, Kids Logic deserves to be paid for their work.

If sales are brisk, I hope Kids Logic explores the possibility of accessories for this diorama. Figures such as Ryuji's 1/8 Misa Hayase (NSFW version here) would perfectly compliment this cockpit, if scaled up.

misa_wip10_by_celsoryuji.jpg

(photo courtesy of Celso Ryuji's DeviantArt page)

• 2 weeks later...

What if they are planning  a couple of more cockpit items?

such as DYRL VF-1 cockpit or Macross plus YF-19 cockpit?

How many of these can you actually put on display?

I'm bound more by display space than money at the moment...

Probably I can take only 1 VF-1 cockpit (and maybe YF-19 and/or YF-21 if they become available in the future)

Edited by kyekye

57 minutes ago, dimension said:

The "Rick" figure looks too small inside the cockpit....

That's what I feel when I first saw the thing. I also think that the control panels on each side should angle down further to have more room for "bigger" pilot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 6:56 PM, TheLoneWolf said:

The only word to describe that cockpit is breathtaking. If the mass production versions can maintain the amount of painted details as this prototype, I'd seriously considering buying one. Harmony Gold royalties be damned, Kids Logic deserves to be paid for their work.

If sales are brisk, I hope Kids Logic explores the possibility of accessories for this diorama. Figures such as Ryuji's 1/8 Misa Hayase (NSFW version here) would perfectly compliment this cockpit, if scaled up.

misa_wip10_by_celsoryuji.jpg

(photo courtesy of Celso Ryuji's DeviantArt page)

2008, holy $hit, i can't believe it's been that long...

What's Ryuji been doing lately anyway?

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, seti88 said:

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/168417

kg02.jpg.45757384c978cc1299e3194c8f4748e4.jpg

Preorders opened today and already out of stock at that price....who got it? :lol::mellow:

Ouch! :blink: Must be a diehard Rick Hunter fan to buy it at that price. Good thing I'm more of a Hikaru Ichijo fan. ^_^

Ok, now I need to sit down and cry... :cray: 

20 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Almost $1400!?  That better be one hell of a 3.1 sound system because at that price it costs as much as my 9.1 in the living room.  F-that!

What if lisa/minmay dances the macarena on screen when you play songs? Lol...sorry jokes help deal with sadness.....:mellow:

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Its over, no? listed as out of stock on KL's website...

Dunno...isn't 17 Feb 2017, 19:00 PST later this afternoon?  Perhaps it is a placeholder like other site do for their pre-orders.

Not that it matters.....the shipping alone is hard to justify the purchase for me.  I may have bit at $1K total shipped.

As for the 1/35th (Anniversary) VF-1J...I'm thinking $550 USD shipped.....

35K would be great.....

However, this was released 5 years ago and it doesn't transform...

https://hlj.com/product/BAN975752

If Bandai is going to release the VF-1 in 1/35....they are probably going for full line-art accuracy as much as possible, including the transformation gimmick as well as other gimmicks several on here have often detailed on various "wish lists" throughout the years....in short, the ultimate VF-1 ever to be made....most likely limited release as well....It is likely the groundwork for a 1/60-ish DX version with less of the bells and whistles...just like Yamato's 1/48 was to their 1/60 V2....

I just hope they treat the fans with the release of the 1/35th Anniversary edition before unleashing their 1/60-ish DX version.

Hopefully, they will announce it for Autumn release (SDFM 35th Anniversary is in October) or by year's end.....then Macross Delta 1/60 DX VF-1's in late 2018 (after the last VF-1 HMR has been released).....start saving now...just in case! :rolleyes:

Might actually be worth that price.   Problem is while you can technically make anything selling something is another challenge.  Your potential  customers will have limits what they are willingly to spend on a collectible.  You need to know what they're willingly to spend and than make something that doesn't go above it.   They've gone above it.    

I was honestly really interested at first, it being a bluetooth speaker I could potentially pair with my Echo Dot, but then I saw the price.  NOPE, lol.

There's practical, and then there's functional novelty, and then there's "well, I have more disposable income than I know what to do with"

Considering that -in addition to what I'm sure would be horrendous shipping- one would have to repaint the misspelled name on the cockpit... dat be too much moolah.:(