Is Kurama Shop Hobbysite/bandaionline.com legit?

Valkyrie Griffon

Are these guys legit? I find it dubious that a company like Bandai sues an indie game developer making a power-rangers-inspired game and yet lets these guys use their business name in a URL. Or are they an English language clearing house for Bandai to avoid Harmony-Gold and other region issues? Anyone with experience ordering from them?

http://www.bandaionline.com/

• 1 year later...

Just for those that are thinking of ordering from them here's my story:

Ordered a Hi-Metal VF-2SS from them and received an e-mail on the 4 December saying that it's been shipped. On the 15th of December I e-mailed them about the situation asking for an update. All they did was e-mail me the same tracking number they gave me eariler. Over 2 weeks since then I check AGAIN the tracking number- it hasn't left Tokyo for over 2 weeks. E-mailed them last week about it but they never responded.

I've opened a Paypal dispute with them. Hoping for a positive outcome but I don't recommend them.

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

Just for those that are thinking of ordering from them here's my story:

Ordered a Hi-Metal VF-2SS from them and received an e-mail on the 4 December saying that it's been shipped. On the 15th of December I e-mailed them about the situation asking for an update. All they did was e-mail me the same tracking number they gave me eariler. Over 2 weeks since then I check AGAIN the tracking number- it hasn't left Tokyo for over 2 weeks. E-mailed them last week about it but they never responded.

I've opened a Paypal dispute with them. Hoping for a positive outcome but I don't recommend them.

I don't know them from Adam but the item not moving from Tokyo is beyond their control. Once they send it to the delivery entity, it is out of their hands. Happened to me with Amiami when some of my orders didn't move (?) for a week or so. Either:

1. season traffic

or

2. Tracking wasn't updated by Japan Post

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

I don't know them from Adam but the item not moving from Tokyo is beyond their control. Once they send it to the delivery entity, it is out of their hands. Happened to me with Amiami when some of my orders didn't move (?) for a week or so. Either:

1. season traffic

or

2. Tracking wasn't updated by Japan Post

Another thing to consider is how it's sent:

3. surface mail - how often the boat leaves

I don't know the specifics in this case, but when I was living in Vancouver (the main port of entry for Canada), surface mail generally took 30 days between Vancouver and Japan, and if you (literally) missed the boat, it can take up to an additional 30 days.

Adding to the seasonal traffic, my parents (again, in Western Canada), sent 3 packages to me (in Japan) AT THE SAME TIME for Christmas last year.  The first arrived in Jan., the second in Feb., and the last, in Mar.!

Weird, but true.  (In that case, it would have had to have been on the Canada Post side, as the Japanese side is very efficient and prompt.  E.g.: we get mail delivered twice a day!)

I ordered something recently from them.  It shipped out from Japan on the 13th and is currently in the USPS Regional Facility so I should have the item soon.  This is the second time I’ve bought something from them so they’ve been working out so far with me.

I wouldn't have posted this or escalated with Paypal if they just responded properly to my e-mail. If you've told me it's shipped on the 4th of December and it's now New Years Eve, that's a long time between drinks without telling me the situation.

When I e-mailed about it I didn't get anything more than a generic response that it'd take 10 business days (which has been exceeded) and a tracking number that doesn't match the shipping date e-mailed and still hasn't left Tokyo for over 2 weeks from the 15th despite the fact it was supposedly shipped on the 4th? That's really fishy to me when you don't tell me what's going on despite my e-mail inquiry.

I just want the truth if there's a delay and not be jerked around. If they told me they made a mistake and it'll take longer than planned, that's not a problem. But to insist it's been shipped nearly a month ago when the tracking number doesn't correlate then they're not doing a great job at all.

8 minutes ago, Falcon said:

I wouldn't have posted this or escalated with Paypal if they just responded properly to my e-mail. If you've told me it's shipped on the 4th of December and it's now New Years Eve, that's a long time between drinks without telling me the situation.

When I e-mailed about it I didn't get anything more than a generic response that it'd take 10 business days (which has been exceeded) and a tracking number that doesn't match the shipping date e-mailed and still hasn't left Tokyo for over 2 weeks from the 15th despite the fact it was supposedly shipped on the 4th? That's really fishy to me when you don't tell me what's going on despite my e-mail inquiry.

I just want the truth if there's a delay and not be jerked around. If they told me they made a mistake and it'll take longer than planned, that's not a problem. But to insist it's been shipped nearly a month ago when the tracking number doesn't correlate then they're not doing a great job at all.

They are technically correct. It shipped out of their hands. Just be patient I guess..............in my case I've got like #1 Battlestar Galactica, #1 BD, #4 Legends TF,#1 MP,#1 figma, #1 Daiki figure, #2 DVDs,#1 Macross papercraft and @1 TF decal set (all December #8 up). They will all arrive eventually (hopefully by the end of January). Thank gawd my SDF#1 arrive through the Christmas rush.

5 hours ago, sketchley said:

Another thing to consider is how it's sent:

3. surface mail - how often the boat leaves

I don't know the specifics in this case, but when I was living in Vancouver (the main port of entry for Canada), surface mail generally took 30 days between Vancouver and Japan, and if you (literally) missed the boat, it can take up to an additional 30 days.

Adding to the seasonal traffic, my parents (again, in Western Canada), sent 3 packages to me (in Japan) AT THE SAME TIME for Christmas last year.  The first arrived in Jan., the second in Feb., and the last, in Mar.!

Weird, but true.  (In that case, it would have had to have been on the Canada Post side, as the Japanese side is very efficient and prompt.  E.g.: we get mail delivered twice a day!)

Agreed.

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

They are technically correct. It shipped out of their hands. Just be patient I guess..............in my case I've got like #1 Battlestar Galactica, #1 BD, #4 Legends TF,#1 MP,#1 figma, #1 Daiki figure, #2 DVDs,#1 Macross papercraft and @1 TF decal set (all December #8 up). They will all arrive eventually (hopefully by the end of January). Thank gawd my SDF#1 arrive through the Christmas rush.

The tracking number shows that they started initial shipping over a week after the first e-mail on the 4th of December. The tracking number stated the process didn't start till the 12th. I'm going to see what happens but it's way too long for something that was supposed to come before Christmas. I've ordered products in Japan later than that with similar shipping and they've arrived. Feels sloppy/lazy from their end- don't like being lied to. For all I know it could be a dodgy tracking number in the hopes that my Dispute period expires and I'm out of luck no matter what I do.

Edited by Falcon

12 hours ago, Falcon said:

The tracking number shows that they started initial shipping over a week after the first e-mail on the 4th of December. The tracking number stated the process didn't start till the 12th. I'm going to see what happens but it's way too long for something that was supposed to come before Christmas. I've ordered products in Japan later than that with similar shipping and they've arrived. Feels sloppy/lazy from their end- don't like being lied to. For all I know it could be a dodgy tracking number in the hopes that my Dispute period expires and I'm out of luck no matter what I do.

reading your positng, looks like your item was delayed from them shipping out on their stated 12-04-17 date.  But then when you check the tracking , it shows that it was indeed shipped out on the 12th.  I'm assuming you did not use EMS, so it is probably register SAL.  With the Christmas season it can be a hit or miss.  That's the price you are willing to pay for using SAL in December (they have no priority)  Your package can be in a cart staged to wait, other packages might even cut you because you cart might have pushed back or got stuck in a corner.  

Since it's out of their hands right now, it'll all depend on the postal system on when you will get the item.  I have packages that took 2 months to arrived after ship date in December.

Sal normally take about 2 weeks for me, and if you use the ship date from your tracking  its just hit 2 weeks around now.  So I would set the expected delivery date in mid January the earliest due to the holiday.

With paypal you have 180 days.  so just keep track of that date but since you already opened a Paypal dispute , you will now just have to wait. 

I had Mandarake ship me some Super parts via Registered SAL. It was posted on the 22nd and dispatched from the Outward Office of Exchange on the 27th. Luck of the draw, it seems. Wonder when I’ll actually get it. 

12/13/2017 14:49 Posting/Collection   ASAKUSA TOKYO
111-8799

12/14/2017 09:07

Arrival at outward office of exchange   TOKYO INT TOKYO
138-8799
12/15/2017 06:20 Dispatch from outward office of exchange   TOKYO INT TOKYO
138-8799
12/30/2017 14:04 Arrival at inward office of exchange   KAWASAKIHIGASHI KANAGAWA
219-8799
12/31/2017 09:00 Held by import Customs   KAWASAKIHIGASHI KANAGAWA
219-8799
01/01/2018 03:00 Departure from inward office of exchange   KAWASAKIHIGASHI KANAGAWA
219-8799
01/03/2018 08:34 Processing at delivery Post Office   ASAKUSA TOKYO
111-8799
01/03/2018 Retention   ASAKUSA TOKYO
111-8799

Is it just me or this doesn't look right? Why would it go back to Tokyo?

you should input the tracking number on the USPS website if you are in the USA.  it should give you more info.  

Japan post will only give you their info on their side.

But definitely something went wrong and it looks like it was sent back. 

I've had USPS move a package back and forth between Madison, WI, and its Chicago facility for about two weeks before finally finding its way to the local post office and to me. The reason? Simple human error. The people working in the Madison sorting facility just couldn't read the shipping label correctly, consistently mistaking the origin address for the destination and vice versa. So... It could be that. Maybe contact the USPS, see if they could help with any info about it at all.

I had a recent pre-order for "1 x Robot Spirit (Ka signature) SIDE MS FAZZ Action Figure (Completed)", the item was shipped in its own box only bubble wrapped and the model itself had a defective right knee joint (would not move at all).  Trying to move the knee joint thinking it was just stuck, the left foot fell off...there is a pin that is supposed to be in the left ankle joint but was missing.   I've sent them emails a number of times with no response from them at all...this is a first for me where customer service have refused to reply back and since their overseas I don't know what I can do...and the right knee joint is still stuck!!

Edited by chingu77
adding more info

2 hours ago, chingu77 said:

I had a recent pre-order for "1 x Robot Spirit (Ka signature) SIDE MS FAZZ Action Figure (Completed)", the item was shipped in its own box only bubble wrapped and the model itself had a defective right knee joint (would not move at all).  Trying to move the knee joint thinking it was just stuck, the left foot fell off...there is a pin that is supposed to be in the left ankle joint but was missing.   I've sent them emails a number of times with no response from them at all...this is a first for me where customer service have refused to reply back and since their overseas I don't know what I can do...and the right knee joint is still stuck!!

you can open a dispute with paypal, that should get their attention.   But do not close it no matter what until everything is resolved.  no we will this or that because once you close the dispute the case will be closed forever. 

Yeah, gonna file claim through paypal...I think paypal's disclosure indicated that you can only file a claim on a purchase within a 6mos window and since this preorder was prepaid back in June I may be out of luck...but gonna file the claim regardless and try to get a refund.  I guess partly my fault for not researching the site first because the link/address indicated bandai in it but will never order from them again. 

Maybe contact the USPS, see if they could help with any info about it at all.

Seeing as I'm from Australia and that it's from Japan to Australia, there shouldn't be a reason for it to go via USPS. It's frustrating that there isn't any help available apart from their Japan one provided- of which it hasn't left their shores during the whole time.

I've sent them emails a number of times with no response from them at all

They don't respond to you properly via e-mails at all. Unless you threaten to escalate and dispute using Paypal, you don't really get a real reply. Even the replies with Paypal disputes are curt and not consistent- claims that they'll reply are never adhered to unless YOU send the e-mail saying their self imposed deadline has passed and you will contact Paypal. They're a horrible shop that should be avoided at all costs.

I'm going to leave a negative review on their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Bandai-Japan-1590223341196162/reviews/ I encourage you to do the same if you feel their service is unsatisfactory.

Edited by Falcon

12 hours ago, Falcon said:

Seeing as I'm from Australia and that it's from Japan to Australia, there shouldn't be a reason for it to go via USPS. It's frustrating that there isn't any help available apart from their Japan one provided- of which it hasn't left their shores during the whole time.

They don't respond to you properly via e-mails at all. Unless you threaten to escalate and dispute using Paypal, you don't really get a real reply. Even the replies with Paypal disputes are curt and not consistent- claims that they'll reply are never adhered to unless YOU send the e-mail saying their self imposed deadline has passed and you will contact Paypal. They're a horrible shop that should be avoided at all costs.

I'm going to leave a negative review on their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Bandai-Japan-1590223341196162/reviews/ I encourage you to do the same if you feel their service is unsatisfactory.

If you are from Australia then you should look up the detail tracking from your local Postal service , "Australia post"?  maybe try inputting the same tracking number there?  or even ask your local postal office to look at their internal system?   Many people use the wording "USPS" because they are from the USA, but if you are from another country then obviously you should direct it your local postal service.  The japanpost  tracking did show that it left JAPAN on the the 15Th.

"12/15/2017 06:20 Dispatch from outward office of exchange "   This means it left JAPAN.

"12/30/2017 14:04Arrival at inward office of exchange "  This mean it came back to Japan.

This researching is just to find out what really happened to your package between the 15th and the 30th. 

Look at it, it never left Japan. It looks like it never arrived in Australia to be scanned first. I know the Australian Post service is normally listed if it touches down in Australia before it is accepted or rejected and sent back.

Edited by Falcon

30 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Look at it, it never left Japan. It looks like it never arrived in Australia to be scanned first. I know the Australian Post service is normally listed if it touches down in Australia before it is accepted or rejected and sent back.

At least on the US side, it only lists the arrival at inward office of exchange after it makes it through customs.

Best to check the Australian postal service's tracking.

man it sucks so many peeps have had trouble. These guys have been my source for P-Bandai gunpla forever.

their el-cheapo SAL is slooooooow, but when you have a model backlog like me there's no difference between 3 weeks or 5 weeks to be honest.....

never tried toys though.Prolly wouldn't since other sites mark them down and are faster to ship 

Edited by Duymon

On 1/11/2018 at 5:54 AM, Falcon said:

Whoops, my fault. If it didn't even touch Australian soil, then that is a cause for concern. Has there been a status update since?

18 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

At least on the US side, it only lists the arrival at inward office of exchange after it makes it through customs.

Best to check the Australian postal service's tracking.

I've had some packages list when it goes into customs (Inbound Into Customs), though not all the time. Sometimes there won't be a scan at all until the package gets into the sorting facility.

This is using the USPS tracking system, of course. If I'm tracking the same package on Japan Post, it does as you say.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 7:01 PM, F360 said:

you can open a dispute with paypal, that should get their attention.   But do not close it no matter what until everything is resolved.  no we will this or that because once you close the dispute the case will be closed forever. 

Paypal won't even allow to open a case due to it being past the 6mos window...they suggest I go through bofa as I had paid using my bank account via paypal for the pre-order.

I contacted bofa and they issued a temp credit but in the end they reversed it stating the payment is past the 78 days and no longer able to file a legal claim against the seller, what ever that means...

Well to update people on my situation, turns out it never left Japan and they refunded me when I escalated. They didn't really help my situation till I pushed and emailed strongly but they didn't cause me any grief on top of this either regarding refusal to refund or to attempt help. Take from it what you will.