Yamato VF-1A Identification

AndrewB

Wanted to ask the community to verify what I am seeing on an Amazon.com listing:

https://www.amazon.com/Yamato-VF-1A/dp/B001QTWSPY

The pictures are of a Yamato V2 1/60 VF-1A Max, at least that is my belief. No indication of movable flaps, canopy appears tinted, no airbrake, and the proportions are a V2 1/60.

The reason this comes up is that the seller shipped a 1/48, and appears to believe that they are OK in doing so because the "VF-1A" title is ambiguous. They do not want to accept the return. I've also pointed out to them that the Q&A section has two answers, both of which indicate a 1/60 V2.

Hopefully to fix the root issue, I did submit an incorrect product report to Amazon that the title should be changed (and gave them the correct information). That's unlikely to change, but I did try.

The photo is definitely of a V2 1/60 scale. Honestly, this one might be tricky, since the answer in the product Q&A section was not from the seller. You might have a stronger case if you had actual correspondence from the seller indicating that it was a 1/60 scale toy. The differences between the 1/48 and 1/60 scale are subtle if you go by photos alone. Seller could always go by the "stock photos vary slightly from the actual product" excuse. That's the tricky part about Amazon and eBay listings -- with the subtle differences between the 1/60, 1/60 v2, and 1/48 lines, you have be very careful that you are buying the real thing. I've seen listing for a 1/60 v2 on eBay that were using 1/48 photos, or 1/60 v1 photos that were slightly blurred out.

Should ask the seller if they could edit the title and product description to be more specific. Also the product box dimensions are for the 1/60 version. Take the measurements of the box. If it isn't like the one they listed you can tell them it wasn't like the one described. Just having VF-1A in the title and product description is lame.

Should ask the seller if they could edit the title and product description to be more specific. Also the product box dimensions are for the 1/60 version. Take the measurements of the box. If it isn't like the one they listed you can tell them it wasn't like the one described. Just having VF-1A in the title and product description is lame.

Multiple sellers use this listing. An edit is probably difficult to have approved. Great spot on the product dimensions. Amazon does have great buyer protection, so I should be able to get this solved. Another find: the seller is also listed under another spot that is for a 1/48 VF-1A Max. It is against Amazon policy to have the same item under multiple listings - to prevent buyer confusion.

glad it's getting resolved, but that is a really high price for a DYRL 1A Max.

They've actually been pretty pricey for the past several months. It was the last double I needed for my collection, and I payed hell trying to find one with a clear canopy. Ended up settling for one with a pretty busted up box, but the toy was factory fresh, and the canopy was crystal clear, as described. Now, if I could only find someone to sell me a box in good condition :(

glad it's getting resolved, but that is a really high price for a DYRL 1A Max.

With multiple sellers on a listing, you can sometimes see prices fluctuate quite a bit. One seller might have it for much less than others. If they sell their only copy, the lowest price available jumps. And sometimes a used or collectible version of the item is offered, and those can be much less than the new copies offered. I've learned to pay attention to the seller's history (length of time and rating) if I'm hunting for something.