Las Vegas Macross fans?

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I’ve got family out there now. I’m due for a visit, I guess , at some point..

Of all the insanity in that town, why not add some Macross to the mix?;)

On another note, has Kawamori ever been know to visit that place?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Damn. Should have seen this thread years ago. I have been living in Northwest Vegas for the past seven years. Sigh. I was at LVL Up Expo this last year and briefly at another convention around my first year here though I don't remember which one that was. Anyways. I also planning on going to Phoenix Fan Fusion this years in September.

Nice to see another LV Macross fan. You can always PM me to stay in touch. I used to live up in your area as well. I moved to the south side 4 years ago. Hoping once this virus ends we I can organize a meet up if anyone is interested. 

I am glad there are a few other Macross Fans out here in lovely sunny Las Vegas. Though be warned I am not all that much a fan of say Macross Seven or that the stuff created for DYRL? is so prominent in later Macross productions. When everything calms down and goes back to normal. I usually have breakfast at the Denny's at Craig and Valley on Sunday mornings after I get off work. So feel free to join me there when everything goes to some sort of normal after this pandemic starts to run out.

Remember Stay Vegas Strong. Or should that be Vegas Deculture.

Hey, I'm not a big fan of Macross 7. I haven't been much of it all but the premise doesn't really do much for me with Basara, etc. I do absolutely love ALL the visual redesigns and paint schemes for DYRL and much prefer that over the series as well as the animation quality. I'm definitely hoping we can get back to some normalcy however, I think it's going to realistically be a long haul. Stay safe and feel free to contact me here anytime. 

Edited by Skullsixx

I'm another Vegas Macross fan/collector. 20 years here from San Diego originally. Watched the ROBO#$%^ series as a kid then in 91' while serving overseas in Okinawa I found the real Macross and enjoyed it ever since. I'm 49 now and still watch Macross and collect too. Good to meet fellow Vegans who love Macross

Welcome everyone in Vegas! So good to see a few responses. Yeah, introduced to it by Roboschlep and then went out and found the original material. Been a fan a long time. Las Vegas Dad, we definitely have a few things in common. As far as other anime, it varies for me. I really only collect Macross stuff. I do enjoy some of Miyazaki's work like Nausicaa, others like Robot Carnival, Yukikaze, Cowboy Bebop, Ninja Scroll, Sky Blue, Appleseed, Wicked City and Street Fighter. Basically older anime. I know there's more out there, I just haven't seen it all yet. Been rebuilding my collection on Blu-Ray. Thrilled to have MOST of the Macross titles in that format. 

Edited by Skullsixx

• 4 weeks later...

You guys are all speaking my language! Vegas Macross fan here too. Down in the Mountains Edge area. 

Sounds like we've got the same ol' story. Carl Macek made me a Macross fan too. Grew up with that until the early 90's when I could start bootlegging the good stuff. 

If you ever had to spend $35 on a VHS of a 22 minute episode of anime at the local Suncoast video, we are brother's in arms. 

Nice mag. I haven't had the pleasure of reading it.

Currently working on converting an iCade into a dedicated Macross mini-arcade. That's about the most exciting thing I've got going on. All this downtime has me designing the artwork for the vinyl wrap on the cab. 

I did just get my new bubble visor on my Focker helmet. I'm pretty happy with how the mounting turned out.

IMG_20200530_095449930 (Medium) (1).jpg